• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) What helped Mr.X become more popular than in the original

Turo602

The King of Kings
Nothing. Just more exposure and typical internet culture. Same thing happened with Jack Baker.

Mr.R

Honestly? Now he is a threat. He can annoy you, he can mess up your way if you let zombies alive, he can make going through a hall with lickers a real hell if you didn't killed them. In the original game, Mr.X is...there. You shoot him a few times, you pick the ammo that he leaves and move on. He's not hard, he's not annoying and after the first time you played, you already know where he is gonna appear. And most of all, he can barely lay a hand on you if you shot him with anything better than a Handgun (in a game where ammo is plentiful).

The new Mr.X has some sense of randomness that helped him to stand out against the original one. Of course, youtubers, internet and meme culture also helped him to achieve a new high. Probably the same is gonna happen with Nemesis in R3make.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Honestly? Now he is a threat. He can annoy you, he can mess up your way if you let zombies alive, he can make going through a hall with lickers a real hell if you didn't killed them. In the original game, Mr.X is...there. You shoot him a few times, you pick the ammo that he leaves and move on. He's not hard, he's not annoying and after the first time you played, you already know where he is gonna appear. And most of all, he can barely lay a hand on you if you shot him with anything better than a Handgun (in a game where ammo is plentiful).

The new Mr.X has some sense of randomness that helped him to stand out against the original one. Of course, youtubers, internet and meme culture also helped him to achieve a new high. Probably the same is gonna happen with Nemesis in R3make.
...Hmmm...No...It's just the hat.

Turo602

The King of Kings

Honestly, he's not much of a threat in the REmake either. You don't even have to shoot the guy. I avoided him with ease on my first playthrough and while his randomness does attribute to some change of plans in later playthroughs, he's still very easily avoidable given the better mobility this time around. He's not hard to distract and lose, and all he really does is follow you but your path is so clear that all you're really doing is just running from place to place, with or without him.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Is there a story behind its hat and why it stomps faster when its lost the hat?

And i kinda hope they dont try and force a song or meme regarding nemesis to recreate the love that X received.
I totally don't know if there's a reason. In fact, I didn't know that was even the case. I was just trying to be funny.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I would definitely attribute his popularity with YouTube and meme culture. I don't think it has anything to do with game play really. I always know exactly where he'll be and when and I never even shoot him when I play because there is always a way around him, except for the final boss form obviously.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I would definitely attribute his popularity with YouTube and meme culture. I don't think it has anything to do with game play really. I always know exactly where he'll be and when and I never even shoot him when I play because there is always a way around him, except for the final boss form obviously.

I agree with Rain. The memes and interconectedness of the culture have added to the mythos of Mr. X and pretty much everything else we do in gaming. When I played the original game back in the day and Mr. X busted through the wall - I had NEVER been more scared in a game than at that moment even to this day. But I only mentioned it to my friends at school who happened to play the game. Now, due to memes and a more open culture - we see this stuff everywhere. And Mr. X deserves the praise. He is a menace even if we all know he's not REALLY a threat anymore. EXCEPT when you open the jail cells with Leon. Then he is a threat.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I did play the original a very long time ago, so I don't really remember much, as I was six years old.

However, could it not just be that everyone is thrilled that a game they loved - and by extension, an enemy they loved - is back on their screens scaring them again, so it's not necessarily that they prefer Remake X? And as Turo said above, it's the fact that he has more internet exposure now so everyone can share it with each other much easier than they could with the original.

I dunno, I might be wrong. Just adding my two pennies' worth.

Wesker90

What I prefer about Mr X compared to the Nemesis is his cold hard exterior with no signs of emotion hounding your progress, The Nemesis looked scary but I felt Mr X a little more unnerving.

If both were real I'd be more intimidated by the one who's silent and emotionless than the one liner monstrosity.

Top Bottom