• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do y'all think of RE4: the PS2 version

I need a username pls

I found my old PS2, hidden in my basement

So, I'm thinking of buying PS2's RE4 (even though I heard that the GC version is much better (also, I haven't heard good things about the PS2 version)), and I found RE4 on the PS2 for £1 on Ebay

should I buy it, or should I emulate the GC version or something

idk this sounds like a dumb question lol

Agent Spike

Yes, the GC version is better but only graphics wise. The ps2 has things that the GC doesn't like: an extra story mode called "Separate Ways" which you play as Ada. Also an extra costume for Leon and Ashley, and a cool Mega Man like blaster gun. The HD version is also good but in my opinion, there's not much of a difference, so I recommend getting the ps2 version. It's way cheaper.

I need a username pls

Yes, the GC version is better but only graphics wise. The ps2 has things that the GC doesn't like: an extra story mode called "Separate Ways" which you play as Ada. Also an extra costume for Leon and Ashley, and a cool Mega Man like blaster gun. The HD version is also good but in my opinion, there's not much of a difference, so I recommend getting the ps2 version. It's way cheaper.
thanks for the answer, spike <3

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I played the PS2 version, and honestly, I don't remember having any complaints about it at all, though I never played the Gamecube version so I can't compare.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
In my experience, the PS2 version has lower-poly character models, the audio is low-quality, the environmental lighting is near non existent and the controls are sluggish.

Plus, Separate Ways isn't all that great, and the Plaga Removal Laser isn't nearly as good as it would later become.
I'd say get the GC version or a later version. Avoid the PS2 or UbiSoft PC version if you have a choice.

Top Bottom