• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What do u think about a "Resident Evil" book?

Would you purchase a comprehensive book about Resident Evil ?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nemesis1985

Hello everybody.
As a Nemesis diehard fan and an Entrepreneur, yesterday I was watching something which I don't remember what :) and I suddenly thought, How about the publication of a book about the chronicles of Resident Evil? A comprehensive book about the very beginning of RE, covering all stories of all RE series on all consoles, will you guys buy and read it? It is good for those that haven't played all the series like me, have played them many years ago and don't remember,or have no idea what Resident Evil is about.
I will be glad to see ideas, but at the beginning of your comments, simply state YES or NO.
Cheers.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
YES, definitely.

Considering Capcom's love for exclusive crap, I think there's hardly anybody out there who has played all Resident Evil games (although PlayStation gamers get close). That applies to me too, so a book like this would be a worthwhile addition to my collection. It should, however, tell us something about characters as well, not only the stories.

The only problem is: Capcom is extremely fond of remakes (I don't know how many different versions of the original mansion I've seen so far, but more than enough for sure) that always add or drop or change something, so any book that comes out before the ultimate end of the series would probably not be accurate for a long time.

Nemesis1985

YES, definitely.

Considering Capcom's love for exclusive crap, I think there's hardly anybody out there who has played all Resident Evil games (although PlayStation gamers get close). That applies to me too, so a book like this would be a worthwhile addition to my collection. It should, however, tell us something about characters as well, not only the stories.

The only problem is: Capcom is extremely fond of remakes (I don't know how many different versions of the original mansion I've seen so far, but more than enough for sure) that always add or drop or change something, so any book that comes out before the ultimate end of the series would probably not be accurate for a long time.

Thank you Hel for your comments and pointing out a very important fact about various remakes and scenarios.
Cheers

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Yes, but it'll have to be accurate.

I would buy it, but you should wait for the definite end of the series, like what Hel said. So far, on Capcom's forums, I've seen fans request these four things: 1) a REmake of RE2 and/or RE3, 2) the seires continue with RE7, 3) the series end now, 4) and a REboot. So I say you wait and see what Capcom decides what to do with the series.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Hi guys there is already such a book. In fact two volumes of resident evil archives books. I recently got them when the first one came back into print, their about £30. When the first one was out of print they were on ebay for over £200. theyr very high demanded.
They chronicle every full story of each game, re0, re1, re2, re3, re4, re5 and, unfortunetly not 6, but it was out before then. The extra games like chronicles and code veronica ARE in there. they use the RE make games for the early ones.
They are paperback but very, very nice, a4 size with heaps of illustrations concept art and more, very much recommend these for the r.e. fans. heres a link to where i got them. hope thats what your looking for

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Resident-Evil-Archives-II-Bundle/dp/0744014425

And again very nice books. Proud of these! A nice read.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, there are books like that already, like the Archives mentioned above. However, I'd still buy it. I'm a collector after all. Besides, ONE comprehensive book about ALL things RE would be amazing. Imagine the RE Wiki, but 100% accurate, and actually produced BY Capcom. Ya, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Nemesis1985

Thanks for realizing that there is a difference between an "Archive" book and a comprehensive story type book. Per my understanding, the Archive goes far beyond unrelated details that aren't even mentioned in any RE series.This is a quote from a reader of the Archive on Amazon: " this archive even tells you what type of parasite infects what enemy and explains what it has done to why some are more powerful or bigger than others." This is so much like Capcom that likes to fill in blanks with BS stuff.
Anyways,thanks for all comments. looking forward to see more.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Well the archives is a comprehensive story book. Each game is split into screenshots of every cutscene, they even tell the story from the point of view of each of the main characters, so in Zero its as if Rebecca is telling the story. They could put both books into one but it'd just be a thicker version of what there is already

Top Bottom