• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil (2002) / HD Remaster (2015) What Causes Tyrant to Deflect a Rocket?

Murrdogg93

I've always wondered this. Every single time I play through this game, about 15 times now, I always have to take 2 rocket shots at him to kill him. I haven't seen others with this happening. Typically I see only taking one shot.

First, I thought maybe it was difficulty. But it happens whether I play on Very Easy, Easy, or Normal. I play Normal the most frequently.

Then, I thought it was he needed to focus on Barry or Rebecca to get caught by surprise. This wasn't the case. I've literally shot a rocket while he grabbed my ally, turned completely away from me, & he'd still deflect my first rocket.

Is it how quickly I get Brad to drop the rocket? Is it based on damage I take in the playthrough? Do any of you know anything about why this happens?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I think it depends on the damage the Tyrant takes throughout the fight. The more you weaken him with your conventional firearms, the less likely he will be to deflect the rocket. Don't quote me on this, though.

Murrdogg93

I think it depends on the damage the Tyrant takes throughout the fight. The more you weaken him with your conventional firearms, the less likely he will be to deflect the rocket. Don't quote me on this, though.
I'm unsure because my helipad Tyrant fight always goes the same. Unloading many Magnum Rounds into him until Brad drops the rocket launcher.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I guess it must be based on HP level. My first time playing the game in 2005 - the Tyrant died in one hit I think. This time on Very Easy, he deflected one despite me putting like 20 magnum shells in and like 15 shotgun shells!

This has to be documented somewhere.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Lol, he is able to deflect it? Never happened to me on any single playthrough....

Murrdogg93

Lol, he is able to deflect it? Never happened to me on any single playthrough....
Oh he can. I can't get him to not deflect the first shot lol. I've played through this game 15 times & he's done it every time. I just wish I knew what causes it. Maybe the timer has to be low enough.

D

Deleted member 21244

The Tyrant always dodge the bullet while playing jill campaign, and you have to shoot a second bullet

In Chris campaign only one rocket is needed since the tyrant will not deflect the missile in this campaign

So it's based on campaign i guess
At least this i what happened to me by replaying the game more than 50 times

Top Bottom