• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are some of your favorites Resident Evil files?

Agent Spike

I have a few but I'll just mention my two favorites.

1.Keeper's Diary (RE1)
I love this part: "When I was scratching the swelling on my arms, a lump of rotten flesh dropped off. What the hell is happening to me?" and "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy Itchy Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."

I just love how the poor guy descends to madness and eventually turns into a zombie.

and

2. Chief's Diary (RE2)
This part of the diary is awesome. It really shows how fuc*** up this person really is: "I've had a change of heart about the remaining survivors inside the precinct. I've decided to hunt them down myself. I shot Ed in the back through the heart less than an hour ago. I watched him writhe in pain upon the floor in a pool of his own blood. The expression on his face was positively exquisite. He died with his eyes wide open, staring up at me. It was beautiful. I wonder if the mayor's daughter is still alive? I let her escape so I could enjoy hunting her down later...I'm going to enjoy my new trophy. Yes, frozen forever in the pose I choose to give her."

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I love all the ones from code veronica. Especially the diaries of all the various people

HookerZombie

I love the Keeper's Diary in RE1 because of the "itchy, tasty" quote, the secretary's diary in RE2 because the last entry about her discovering the chief's secret made me uncomfortable (she was most likely raped and murdered by him too just like the mayor's daughter), I liked Dario's memo in RE3 (i couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor guy loosing his entire family in the outbreak and not getting to do all the things he wanted to do before dying). I also like the suicide note in the remake of RE1 because it showed how the scientists of Umbrella were victims of their own evil creations. I also liked John's letter to Ada simply because it was a shout out to my favorite Resident Evil character.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The Ada Wong ones in RE4.

After Mikami left I felt that Ada just wasn't the same. There was something cold about her, trying to be cool but coming off emotionless. For example, in RE6 when she puts 2 and 2 together and realizes that Simmons made a doll of her as his personal spy and, presumably, to bump uglirs with. Her reaction isn't surprise, it's not disgust or anger, nor any other perfectly normal reaction, it's acknowledgement, like she just found out when Columbus discovered America. No, even less affected than that. She is written as personality rather than a flushed character, but in those files in RE4 we hear what she really thinks, about Leon, Umbrella, and even herself.

HookerZombie

The Ada Wong ones in RE4.

After Mikami left I felt that Ada just wasn't the same. There was something cold about her, trying to be cool but coming off emotionless. For example, in RE6 when she puts 2 and 2 together and realizes that Simmons made a doll of her as his personal spy and, presumably, to bump uglirs with. Her reaction isn't surprise, it's not disgust or anger, nor any other perfectly normal reaction, it's acknowledgement, like she just found out when Columbus discovered America. No, even less affected than that. She is written as personality rather than a flushed character, but in those files in RE4 we hear what she really thinks, about Leon, Umbrella, and even herself.

That's true plus in RE2 there were less-than-subtle hints that she actually started to care about Leon but in the games after RE4 it's hard to believe that she cared about him at all. I liked her better when she actually had feelings.

In fact a lot of things about the games were better when Shinji Mikami was involved and the series started going downhill fast after he quit.

Top Bottom