• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wesker is stupid.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
WARNING: THIS THREAD HAS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR RECVX AND RE1.

Okay don't get me wrong, Wesker is my second most favorite RE character. (With the first being Claire) But I have been looking back recently, Wesker had the chance to kill Chris sooooo Easily in RE1 and RECVX.

RE1: Now I havn't beet this game yet, bur After seeing that cutscene on you tube, and watching Wesker's report, Why didn't Wesker just kill Chris right there and then while he had a gun pointed to him. Or maybe let the Tyrannt attack Chris first, and then, Wesker could have put a bullet in his head.

RECVX: All he had to do is sabotage the plane Chris arrived in, Boom, Chris Ain't getting out of the Antartic.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
RE1: Now I havn't beet this game yet, bur After seeing that cutscene on you tube, and watching Wesker's report, Why didn't Wesker just kill Chris right there and then while he had a gun pointed to him. Or maybe let the Tyrannt attack Chris first, and then, Wesker could have put a bullet in his head.
Because shooting the hero would just be too anti-climatic and you can't control a Tyrant - not the first one anyway; there was no way Wesker could've known that the Tyrant would attack him instead of Chris.

In CVX, Wesker had bigger things to worry about than Chris Redfield. I mean, not to belittle Chris or anything, but Wesker was on a mission to get T-Veronica from Alexia and she put up a pretty big fight all her own.

Things happen, no one is perfect and Wesker just screwed up.

AgentZero

Because shooting the hero would just be too anti-climatic and you can't control a Tyrant - not the first one anyway; there was no way Wesker could've known that the Tyrant would attack him instead of Chris.

In CVX, Wesker had bigger things to worry about than Chris Redfield. I mean, not to belittle Chris or anything, but Wesker was on a mission to get T-Veronica from Alexia and she put up a pretty big fight all her own.

Things happen, no one is perfect and Wesker just screwed up.
Yes but he's screwed up to many times 8P

Mr Sunshine

Well yeah.. He is a.. comic book villain after all.. He has to explain all of his plans while aiming the protagonist with a gun!

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Well, you have to keep in mind that in RE1, he didn't hate Chis as much, so he wasn't extremely motivated to kill him. As for Code Veronica. . . yeah I've got nothin'

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Wesker was quite fond of Chris in the first game, calling him his "best man" whenever the opportunity arose, and I'm sure that if Chris had reacted differently to his plans and world views, Wesker might have offered him some kind of partnership. His relationship to William Birkin proves that even Wesker is capable of such trivial human things like friendship, so I think it wouldn't be completely out of character for him. (Not at that time, at least.)

And as for the rest of the story, well... I'll just go with what bSTAR_182 said.

AgentZero

Well, you have to keep in mind that in RE1, he didn't hate Chis as much, so he wasn't extremely motivated to kill him. As for Code Veronica. . . yeah I've got nothin'
Exactly what I was thinking, Can't think of much Wesker could have done in RE5 though.

Top Bottom