1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're interviewing Lucas Baker voice actor Jesse Pimentel; submit your questions!

by Steve Powell on Feb 8, 2017 at 12:15 PM
  • Steve Powell

Steve Powell Administrator Admin Moderator Patreon

Hi guys,

I'm really thrilled to announce that Jesse Pimentel (IMDB), the voice actor behind Resident Evil 7's Lucas Baker has agreed to be interviewed by us. I'm really excited and I know that this is going to be a blast!

I'm still finalising all of the details with Jesse, but I'd love to be able to send around 10 questions sent his way, and it'd be amazing if they were all questions that the community put forward. I'll be personally compiling ten or so of the best community-submitted questions over the next few days. I'd recommend avoiding submitting questions that pertain to explicitly discussing future DLC for Resident Evil 7, as it is likely that such things would stir up a fuss with Capcom and contracts and NDAs and yadda yadda.

Questions cut-off date: 12:00 a.m. GMT Sunday, February 12, 2017.

So, get posting those questions below! Oh, and here's a quick refresher of some of Jesse Pimentel's most memorable moments portraying Lucas Baker in Resident Evil 7:

(Major Spoilers)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Spikeyroxas and Maddy7 like this.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

1. Maddy7
    What was your favourite line as Lucas?
    Steve Powell likes this.
  2. Fenris
    1. Are there any unsued Lucas scenes or maybe even certain plots that have gone unused in the actual game?

2. Were there any kind of betas or different original storylines for the game intended that he was involved in? (You know kind of like RE 1.5 or RE 3.5)
  3. KRSkull
    What were your thoughts when you red the script the first time?
  4. weskerondope
    was he familiar with the resident evil games before he got the role?
    bSTAR_182 and Steve Powell like this.
  5. Spikeyroxas
    Who is your favourite Baker family member?

Can we expect to see more of lucas in the future?
    Steve Powell likes this.
  6. aintnoscrub
    can you give us any insight as to your involvement in the future of the resident evil franchise?

do you have a favourite resident evil game (not including 7) or resident evil film?
    Steve Powell likes this.
  7. La Femme Fatale
    It seems that Resident Evil 7 draws inspiration from a broad assortment of the horror films, books, and games that came before it. For instance, the traps your particular character places for his victims gives off some serious 'Saw' vibes. Were there other characters from different mediums that you'd refer to or that you drew inspiration from when voicing Lucas Baker?

Also, what do you think Lucas smells like.
    weskerondope and Steve Powell like this.
  8. Ethan Winters
    What was the most fun part you did as Lucas? Would you say you have a favourite Resident Evil character? And, if so, who is it? Do you have a favourite game in the series, and have you played any of the games before coming to voice Lucas in RE7? Anddddd, that's pretty much it. Thank you for your time.
    weskerondope and Steve Powell like this.
  9. Turo602
    I'd like to know why Lucas sounded so much like a Borderlands character.
    Steve Powell likes this.
  10. LEON.S.KENNEDY
    Baker where did u find your name? Inside in oven?:biggrin::wink::biggrin:
    Steve Powell likes this.
  11. Steve Powell
    Loving these questions so far, gang! Keep them coming! Let's let JP know that the fans want to are dying (sucky pun alert) to know more!
  12. Steve Powell
    Last few hours, guys! Let's get one last wave of questions in before we slap a bow on this!
  13. Jen
    Lucas has a very distinctive tone and manner. Was this how the developers asked you to portray him, or did you have some creative input into how he should be voiced?

Also, do you find it more fun to play a villain than a hero? I imagine it would be. :P

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions! :smile:
    Steve Powell likes this.
  14. Steve Powell
    Amazing questions all! I've picked out what I think are the best ones from Maddy7, Fenris, KRSkull, weskerondope, Spikeyroxas, aintnoscrub, LFF, Ethan Winters and Jen. I'll get them sent off to Jesse Pimentel pronto!
  15. LEON.S.KENNEDY
    Good hope you mention my joke to him after the quistions ofcourse to light up the mood a bit :eek::biggrin:
    weskerondope likes this.
  16. Steve Powell
    I've exchanged a few private messages on Twitter and a few emails with him and he honestly seems like a really cool cat. He's super fast to respond and didn't impose any limits on topics or whatnot. He even shared a really adorable picture of his dog! I'm pretty sure that he'll have read this thread by now (even though the questions were submitted via email), so I'll bet he'll have had a chuckle at your post.
    LEON.S.KENNEDY likes this.