• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vigil

Hardware

I've been following this one for a while: it does look a lot like REmake, but the problem with these fan games is that they almost never make it to the end of development. A dedicated hobbyist can create 3D models for the characters, some rooms, a few enemies and so make a nice demo video, but it takes a lot more effort to make a full game. I hope this won't be the case but it's a very uphill battle to say the least.

Ikawaru

I've been following this one for a while: it does look a lot like REmake, but the problem with these fan games is that they almost never make it to the end of development. A dedicated hobbyist can create 3D models for the characters, some rooms, a few enemies and so make a nice demo video, but it takes a lot more effort to make a full game. I hope this won't be the case but it's a very uphill battle to say the least.

It's a gamble, I seen lots of small projects underway over the past decade or so and some make it and some don't as well as some making it but turning out poorly.

However, I have not seen hardly any survival horror games until very recently, and I really want a good Indie survival horror game so I decided to throw my weight behind this project because the more we get the better. I mean we did get Tormented Souls recently and that was pretty good but the combat was pretty bland to be honest so a good RE-like game that has a good balance between puzzle solving, combat, and weapon/ammo variety is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Hardware

It's a gamble, I seen lots of small projects underway over the past decade or so and some make it and some don't as well as some making it but turning out poorly.

However, I have not seen hardly any survival horror games until very recently, and I really want a good Indie survival horror game so I decided to throw my weight behind this project because the more we get the better. I mean we did get Tormented Souls recently and that was pretty good but the combat was pretty bland to be honest so a good RE-like game that has a good balance between puzzle solving, combat, and weapon/ammo variety is what I'm looking for.
I am still waiting for Tormented Souls to be available for my PS4Pro - the delay is quite annoying. However, there's a big difference between an indie game like that one (or Daymare) made by a small studio and a fan game like Vigil - small studios may be working on tight budgets, but they are doing it for real. They have deadlines and publishers to answer to. Fan games are made by people who, no matter how talented they might be, are not doing it for work and, although they might see it as a calling card for getting inside the industry, very often give up for a number of reasons - including the fact they might be lacking the right know-how to pull off some stuff. I used to hang around with modders and aspiring game designers a few years back and they told me one of the most difficult things is having sound effects programmers working on stuff like footsteps going in synch with the characters' movements. If you pay attention to the Vigil videos, you mostly never hear any sound from the game - you just see the character walking around - and the few times you actually hear something could very well be because they edited the sound effects into the video AFTER recording it. I'd very much like to see this one getting released, but a single guy making a REmake-style game on his own is just unrealistic.

Last edited:

Ikawaru

(or Daymare)

OMG thank you! This is exactly the type of indie survival horror game I was looking far. More "Hunk"-esque, tacticool, puzzles are tough but not overtly so like in Tormented Souls, limited ammo forces you to take care with your shots, there's hacking and encrypted files to dig through, and it runs like a charm/well optimized.

Gracias, señor, I now have my next game lined up.

RipvanX

There’s also Song of Horror and Alisa that cater to the horror games of old, you should check those out as well.

Top Bottom