• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vaporizing corpses

Would you like if defeated enemies wouldn't just vanish and stayed instead?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

sbr999

Might sound like a pet peeve, but the vaporizing corpses since Resident Evil 4 are quite annoying for me.

I mean sure it was understandable that in the older games they disappeared due to the weaker PC-s, but even then they didn't just vanish instantly but stayed there till you left the area.

It's still a mystery to me why Capcom decided to adapt this gameplay element, because it just looks plain silly that the enemies disppaear in a smoke leaving coins and bullets behind.

Resident Evil Remake added a new level to the atmosphere by implementing Crimsonheads, so the corpses actually created tension.

Thoughts? Would you like if they kept the defeated enemies instead of them turning into air (almost any BOW since 4) or a pond (Oozes from Revelations 1)?

wanderer

battle master
i get why the feature is added. imagine the whole stage in mercs, corpses everywhere. takes up that much moar memory for the system to keep it there. but yes in a single player game you don't fight 150 or 300 all in one small area, keeping dead corpses around does not hurt.

sbr999

i get why the feature is added. imagine the whole stage in mercs, corpses everywhere. takes up that much moar memory for the system to keep it there. but yes in a single player game you don't fight 150 or 300 all in one small area, keeping dead corpses around does not hurt.

Sorry, my bad I would have been more specific.....

I meant story mode.
Raid mode/mercenaries I don't mind.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
They actually explained this after a few games.
The old games.were hardware limitstions only, the new ones would have the same frame drops but the story is:
The veronica virus heats up the blood, and becomes unstable in the body which causes it to break down and burn up.
The veronica virus was used as a resource for the c virus too.
I think theres similar reasons for uroborous and possibly something along the lines of liquifiying due to the t abyss.
I cant be bothered to research my points again i just woke up ;P
But im quite certain this is why generally.

Top Bottom