• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncensored Intro Vs. Censored Intro (spoilers)

1995umk3

What do you prefer?? I liked the uncensored one when I first saw it, but then I changed my mind and choose the no colored censored intro. To me... it makes the game feel more retro and old, the colored intro to me makes it seem like a game that came out later then 1996.

Maybe it's just because I'm so used to the censored no color intro that I havn't took the time to let the uncensored one grow on me.

So far.. I only know the PC version of RE1996 had the colored intro.

[Uncensored Colored Intro]

[Censored No Color Intro]

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think they both have DIFFERENT value. I mean - the uncensored one sets a way more terrifying scene. But the censored Black and White one looks a lot less hokey. I don't know how thought that either of these would be the right choice - but I am glad it lead the series down the path it did. So happy that RE2 did not share the same fate as these intros. haha

1995umk3

It was a good start I guess to open the series.

To me... it made it more scary this way, if they wen't more professional on the first release it wouldn't be as scary and memorable as it is now today.

Last edited:

Ridley Lockhart

I prefer the uncensored one and always have, if only because Chris smokes in it.
That's one of the main differences. I definitely prefer the uncensored. I hate when it's doing the cast introduction and it friezes Chris before he takes a drag and covers it with a box that shows him doing some other stuff...also the Cerberus were way more vicious and it was more gorey in the uncensored. Obviously.

If the PC version is the only one that has the uncensored that sucks, cause I've never been a PC gamer. Have OG, Director's, and Deadly Silence.

Top Bottom