• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

UMBRELLA CORPS - the new resident evil shooter game

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
So a new rezzy game has been announced
If you like call of duty or battlefield then it's up your street.
Those who like normal or the recent resident evils may not be so overwhelmed.

I would be fine with it if it wasn't first person at parts. I've always feared that the next evolution in Resident Evil would to make it first person. Omg that would suck so much ass. Glad we get something but a operation raccoon city 2 wasn't whay I wanted tbh

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
The whole idea seems a bit silly to me honestly.
Its like the walking dead where the zombies are not dangerous anymore and they're just minor obstacles instead.

This game is just a war game taking place in the middle of zombies for no apparent logical reason. Its clearly not going to be canon either so can probably considered a sequel type game for ORC

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Are they just calling it Umbrella Corps and not Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps then? I would have thought they'd have put the name to it.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Yeah, that's weird. They're calling it Biohazard Umbrella Corps in Japan but just seem to be calling it Umbrella Corps outside if Japan. Interesting.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
So what I'm gathering is that this is a non-canon kind of sequel to ORC that only has multiplayer? Or can you play it single-player? I'm kind of confused. xD
Good question,
It's advertised as an online shooter like a call of duty game but doesn't mention if there's any other modes such as single player or campaign.
Its not related to operation racoon city but the multiplayer is probably like a larger version of it.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
The way I see it, Capcom is just trying to get more money to put into either REm2ke or RE7. If there's a single player option, then I'll get it.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Allright first of all I just wanna say one thing so that there's no confusion here, this game is played from third-person NOT first-person although I believe it's switched to first-person when you zoom in on guns/sniper riffle just like in the trailer. Now I'm trying to be open minded/positive about this since the game is obviously non-canon and I gotta admit it still disappoints me because I strongly oppose co-op or RE becoming MMO. I see this game only to "buy us some time" before RE 2 remake or RE 7 release, it could turn out to be fun however, we'll see.

The way I see it, Capcom is just trying to get more money to put into either REm2ke or RE7.
I agree, could be true.

Top Bottom