• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City U.S.S. vs ECHO SIX campaign: Which is your favorite?

U.S.S. or Echo Six?

• Total voters

The_Green_King

anyone else here like the spec ops campaign more? after finally beating all of ORC i gotta say, the spec ops mission were a lot more fun than the uss. especially the last 2 missions. the boss battle with the 5 tyrants was epic (albeit a little too easy), and the parasite tyrant looked amazing and was quite a challenge. the game might not have been the best, but they more than made up for it in my opinion.

so whats your guys opinion? U.S.S. or Echo Six?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I absolutely loved the game before the DLC came out and was so pumped for the Echo Six expansion pack. Once I got the DLC, however, I was so disappointed in it that I couldn't even make it past the first two missions and I felt jilted out of my money.

USS campaign by a landslide.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
- i felt screwed too!!! because we had half a game locked out on us from the get go! -i would of thought being as i bought the collectors edition this wouldnt happen, but you know capcom these days....-atleast give us more costume unlocks for spec-ops or different moves!!-not the same as uss team in every way. -no bonus leon or great escape hunk mission either to throw in as a game beater bonus??

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
i agree the boss battles were way better in the spec ops missions!!!! really made it feel like resident evil.. i just like the uss team better, they had more to them and they werent a generic group like the spec ops, i just didnt feel connected to any of them like i did with the uss team

Genie

I absolutely loved the game before the DLC came out and was so pumped for the Echo Six expansion pack. Once I got the DLC, however, I was so disappointed in it that I couldn't even make it past the first two missions and I felt jilted out of my money.

USS campaign by a landslide.
I couldn't agree more.

The_Green_King

i agree the boss battles were way better in the spec ops missions!!!! really made it feel like resident evil.. i just like the uss team better, they had more to them and they werent a generic group like the spec ops, i just didnt feel connected to any of them like i did with the uss team
see, the boss battles are what made the game for me. i just feel like the spec ops were all together more challenging and fun. i will agree about the character designs though. USS wins that for sure. i would have LOVED to have a level where they meet up and fight like in the triple threat trailer. that would have been EPIC (maybe next time..).

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Character wise, the USS are cooler. Story wise, Spec Ops missions felt more engaging.

U.S.S. Zulu Platoon

Though I've only ever played the Introductory Mission of the Echo Six mission, I have to say other than what seems like poorer dialogue, the Echo Six mission reminded me more of a Resident Evil(especially RE2), while though the USS Campaign seemed well thought out, I never liked that fact that you were constantly thrown into death defying situations with absolutely no backup/support elements.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I gotta admit the Spec Ops campaign seems more challenging and way more interesting storywise as you get the most interaction with the classic characters there.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Parts of the Echo 6 campaign are really dumb, like, the bosses have way too much HP, which makes me lose interest when fighting them. But, I feel like the Echo 6 have a bit more personality than the U.S.S., and I like seeing the old heroes like Jill, Carlos, etc. The Ada cameo in the U.S.S campaigns is so short-lived, and I hate Nicholai.

CindyLennox4E

hands down echo six, i'm all about the good side. i loved the characters and the missions 10x better on their campaign. going through the sewers with the flares!? defending sherry from all sides in the attack!? more tweed!? c'mon now.

BRoGAN

ResiNerd
I deffinately prefer the USS, the Echo Six characters seem to generic to me. Also does anyone think the character modelling is really lazy for Echo Six? As in the quality seems so bad, aside from in the cutscenes obviously. Next time you play look at the girls and can anyone see what I mean?

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
USS campaign. Because RE: ORC was presented as a game about "bad people" working for Umbrella, and I really don't know, why they added second campaign. Especially when we have to pay extra money for it :/.

MEGANO

To be honest I feel ECHO SIX missions are more coherent and eye-catchy I've been asking the same question over & over to randoms who I joined them on co op campaign there. the answer still and has been always this
" Slantsix screwed when they presented us to U.S.S rather than ECHO SIX" .. I do believe this for many reasons

1- ECHO SIX campaign actually involves all the awiting ends lets face it
G.birkin in U.S.S missions was just a guest he was no sign of threat for us there
moving into ECHO SIX missions G.birkin was pain in the "ace" he actually have his own battle which takes long time if
running on PRO. also you'll get the chance to fight him again in " the longest yeard" mission which will interduce you truly
to him.

2- Nemesis was just another guest who screams " S.T.A.R.S" more than threating us @ U.S.S missions

3- if you noticed that big monesters like G.birkin / Nemesis/ etc... they were merely visitors @U.S.S missions the way they die " or pretended to die" is actually telling us that there is more to come in other words ECHO SIX expansion pack will only tell whats going to happen Nemesis was injected in U.S.S but then he was awakened and carried his rocket launcher leaving the scene. so a U.S.S player will only think " Ok !!! wasn't he supposed to die and where he is leaving?"
that to find the answer you'll have to be ECHO SIX palyer. same thing goes 4 G.birkin.

4- most importantly here is why we actually bought the game is it to see LUPO/BERTHA/4EYES/SPECTER/VECTOR
or because of Leon/CLAIR/CARLOS/ and old times sake characters?
only ECHO SIX player would enjoy that and not U.S.S player ....

got other reasons to favor ECHO SIX but I guess I delivered my idea ..... U.S.S is incomplete without ECHO SIX as lot of things/signs happened on U.S.S that was clear enough to realize
U.S.S is just the intro to the movie ..so you watched the intro ... still need to wathc the movie

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
I liked the Spec Ops Campaign better, it brought the outside on what the soldiers were doing ect. got to see the heroes more. But USS does give a different feel, as if you are the 'bad guys' like your just doing business, nothing more, nothing less. I feel awesome like that type feeling.

zombinater007

In truth, I thought both campaigns were good, Umbrella had some good things in there like the ability to fight or side with Leon. Spec Ops was a real challenge, especially in the level where you have to lure nemesis into the crucibles in the factory (died like 6 times at that part).Overall both great campaigns, just wish it wasnt short

Top Bottom