• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Tyrrant killed without rocket launcher?

Artas1984

I have not bothered finishing Tyrrant without rocket launcher at the game end platform fight. He was invincible during the whole game and only could be stopped temporary, so someone tell please in advance - can he only be wasted with a rocket launcher or does he have hit point limit?

Also, is it recommended to shoot his head or his protruding heart in order to slow him during the battle? Strangly enough, i only noticed his heart on my last playthrough, always aimed to the head.. It's anti-climactic and effortless from the developer part to say the least just to salvage something straight from Resident Evil 5 Wesker finale fight to the Tyrrant finale fight... The same heart, the same big hand, similar attacks.. Ehh..

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I have not bothered finishing Tyrrant without rocket launcher at the game end platform fight. He was invincible during the whole game and only could be stopped temporary, so someone tell please in advance - can he only be wasted with a rocket launcher or does he have hit point limit?

Also, is it recommended to shoot his head or his protruding heart in order to slow him during the battle? Strangly enough, i only noticed his heart on my last playthrough, always aimed to the head.. It's anti-climactic and effortless from the developer part to say the least just to salvage something straight from Resident Evil 5 Wesker finale fight to the Tyrrant finale fight... The same heart, the same big hand, similar attacks.. Ehh..

Tyrants have always had that large hand which can be seen in RE 0, RE 1, etc. It's just a more advanced level of mutation. They also have the protruding heart. So basically none of these things originated in RE 5.

In response to your question, I'm pretty sure you're meant to finish Mr. X with the rocket launcher as using the rocket launcher supplied by Ada is a pretty well established trope in RE as well. I mean you could try to finish him off in other ways but there's really no point especially when you have a limited amount of time. And it is better to damage his heart than his head.

Top Bottom