• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 5 Uncharted Movie Actors for Nathan Drake

Which actor do you feel is the real life Nathan Drake?

• Total voters

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I said a few times that I would make a thread about the potential actor for the Uncharted film. So I better make good on my word. I decided that I am going to make a top 5 list as well. This list isn't per say my list, but rather a list of potential actors that either fans want, or were and are being looked at.

#5 Mark Wahlberg

We all heard this one. The king of swag, Marky Mark himself said it and it officially went on record that he had the role locked down. Or did have the role. Last I heard he's off the list because he wanted more creative control over Nathan Drake. Not only did he want creative control. He wanted it to be a spy film and have Nathan Drake be more like James Bond. Wahlberg is probably the worst choice in Hollywood for the role. He's not a bad actor on the surface, but at the end of the day he is more of an entertainer than an actor. His movies are always a lot fun to watch and they keep us entertained. He certainly has the cocky humour that would work for Drake but that goes to question as to if he could even remotely convince us that he is Nathan Drake.

#4 Chris Pratt

best-pictures-of-chris-pratt.jpg

In 2014 rising star Chris Pratt was approached by Sony to take on the role. Unfortunately, he declined due to his commitment to both Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World. His performance as Star Lord proves that he is capable of nailing down Nathan Drake's personality and sense of humour. Despite not having the looks. He has the charisma and ability to pull off Nathan Drake's personality. Chris would be ranked as #3 had there been a small chance that he would take the role. We won't be seeing him as Drake, but he damn well could have given us a convincing portrayal of our beloved hero.

#3 Nathan Fillion

nathan-fillion_.jpg

Locally born actor Nathan Fillion is probably the most popular choice amongst fans. Well one of. With petitions backing him to get the roll. It's clear that fans want him and fans love him. His performance on Joss Whedon's show Firefly has left fans convinced that he would be the perfect candidate for Nathan Drake. I'll admit that he would not be a shabby Nathan from Uncharted 4, but it doesn't make any sense for him to pull off Nathan at all. For one he's too old to grow with the role and he's getting a little chubby, but there is no doubt that he's still a looker. Secondly I'm not entirely convinced on his ability as an actor for the role and I question if he can pull off his own stunts anymore. He did his stunts in Firefly but he wouldn't do them in Castle. Perhaps it's because he got hurt a few times doing so in Firefly and he's getting a little old. He's not bad but in my opinion he's not amazing. Yes, Fillion fans are free to slap me silly for this opinion but he's no Nathan Drake to me. But hot damn! He's one hell of a Nathan Fillion. He'd be the perfect choice for an Uncharted 4 Drake but we need someone who can shape Drake for the long term. Sorry guys. As amazing as this idea would be. The movie would need to rely a little too much on CGI. 5-10 years ago he would have been perfect.

#2 Jeremy Renner

jeremy-renner-759.jpg

For the longest time Jeremy Renner was my number one choice, at least until a week ago. His looks are acceptable and he's shown us that he can give us that cocky attitude that we know and love from Nathan Drake. A convincing blend of action and drama. He holds the potential to present a Nathan Drake that will be familiar to us fans while remaining appealing to the general audience who've already warmed up to Jeremy as an actor. Therein lies a few issues with this casting choice. He's too busy in the Hollywood scene. Between Hawkeye, a green lit Mission Impossible 6, and yes another Bourne film staring Jeremy is coming. With Matt Damon's return, the movies will split into two different series within the same universe. He's also working on two other films called "Wind River" and "Story of your Life". So a long term franchise may be a little difficult due to commitment and out of the question. The other issue is that Jeremy Renner's films are either absolute brilliant hits, or critical flops. So there is a risk with him s he may not be able to save the film from a terrible script. While Jeremy certainly looks young. He is actually 45 and is only two months younger than Nathan Fillion. Personally I feel that a younger actor should grow with the role. After all Drake was roughly in his early thirty's in Drakes Fortune which the movie rumoured to be based on.

# Brett Dalton

600px-MAOS_S01E02_Ward_M%26P.jpg

It takes more than just money to get both a certificate and an M.F.A. from University of Yale. Only the best of the best are even considered for admission. Actors like Edward Norton, Meryl Steep, and Sigourney Weaver are a few examples of famous actors that achieved the same feat. Brett has proven himself with less than three years of film experience. He's already displayed beyond outstanding acting skills in both drama and action. An example of this man's talent and ability to consistently change his role on screen 6-7 times is no small feat. On multiple occasions we've seen him play as multiple characters in a single scene, and I'm not talking like Eddie Murphy in "The Nutty Professor". I'm talking about a single entity that has different memories of different people shuffling through his mind at once. Causing extreme personality changes as separate individual in a matter of seconds. He's in the sights in the sights of Sony's scope for the role as they are in his. He's rumored to be one of the top candidates for the role and fans are backing him with a campaign called #BrettforNate. He has received thumbs up from none other than Nolan North himself and he has already done acting work for Sony once before and blew them away. Brett is not just a phenomenal actor but friendly and flexible. Joss and Jed Whedon claim that he is one of the easiest actors to work with and he pulls off every role without a hitch. Challenge after challenge they consistently changed his role and dynamic personality that would challenge his promising skills. The risk of taking a fresh out of Yale actor with only stage experience was a minor risk that paid off immensely for them and one of the best decisions they made. This man is an actor, not an entertainer and he loves to do his own stunts. Brett has teased the role multiple times in the past including just a few days ago. While it isn't a lock. He brings to the table the two things director Seth Gordon went on record to state "I want it to be a great actor. That's number one, and then if it's someone who has an actual jaw, that's even better. The game is so well done that you need it to live up to that. There's no way we'd do the inverse of that where it's somebody famous who can't [act]." Brett Dalton has both. With an undying passion for acting, I can't really say how there can be a more natural actor than Brett. Nor can I see how the movie could fail with him carrying the weight and responsibility on his back. The cocky humor, the action, and the drama. It feels like the king of puns was born for this and he'll only grow and age for many adventures as Nathan Drake.

giphy.gif

I'm curious to hear all of your opinions and top picks for the actor. It doesn't need to be on the list but I'm definitely curious to hear what you guys think.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
What is it with people always fancasting mediocre Tv actors in movie roles ? Brett Dalton? Seriously ? I am half surprised Stephen Amell isn´t on that list lol

Plus by the time this movie gets actually made all of these actors will be way too old to play the role anyway :p

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don't think Mark Wahlberg gets enough credit. He isn't only a comedy actor. Lone Survivor always makes me cry. I think he had an interesting idea, though it definitely shouldn't be like a James Bond movie.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
@Airaku Brett Dalton? Really?

@Maddy most people think he is a bad actor because of The Happening.

As for movie actors who play Nathan Drake. I say Michael Weatherly.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
My one and only vote goes to iZombie's Robert Buckley. Not only does he very much look the part, but he also makes a lot of the same facial expressions. His comedic timing is also just right. On top of that, he actually knows the character and wants to play him.
bdfb7fcbce0942cac2b42941ddfe036e.jpg

Buckley_3.jpg

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@KRSkull @Deathstroke

Yup yup Brett Dalton. From what I heard he's the one of the top picks from Sony. He also seems to be one of the top picks amongst the fans. You can find it pretty much anywhere over the past couple months now. Still flooded with the stuff from the past two years, but he's definitely within the top picks. It doesn't mean it's going to happen, but he definitely has the ability to pull it off over the rest of the list. Hell... the movie might not even ever get made xD
http://uncharted.wikia.com/wiki/Uncharted:_Drake's_Fortune_(film)

I think you guys are being too quick to judge. He already has a very impressive resume and has never disappointed. Did you fully read what I said or do any research on the reasoning why? o.0 Or even seen all the shows or any of the films he appeared in and his development over time? Minor roles or otherwise. Just a curious question and he has two coming out this year where his top two billed. The guy is an actually actor with a lot of positive feed back from fans, and especially people in the movie industry. Which is why he seems to be rising the ranks very fast. He's been able to pull of some incredibly difficult acting techniques that even some of the most famous actors have troubles pulling off. He's practically a natural xD Not to mention that despite him being a rising star and less film experience. He actually has more education in drama and acting than most of this list. If not the top dog. You guys might not like him, but a good part of the internet and apparently a few directors might want to have a word with you xD

There is quite a fair bit of fan art already in circulation. There's a fair few of them out there but these seem to be the most common.
CPmGoxiUsAAeZy3.jpg

CjTBvmcXAAA8q_e.jpg:large

nathan_drake___brett_dalton_by_spidey9292-d9d9q0t.jpg

What is it with people always fancasting mediocre Tv actors in movie roles ?

Plus by the time this movie gets actually made all of these actors will be way too old to play the role anyway :p

I have no idea why people are fascinated about them. To be honest most of them stay on TV shows for a reason. Some of them are really good and choose to stick with TV shows where others are ltiterally stuck there. A lot of famous movie stars like Kevin Bacon, Keifer Sutherland, Vincent D'Onofrio are a few examples of actors that chose to do TV shows. In many cases they do produce or have a major hand in the production. Vincent willingly wanted to do Kingpin and there are rumours that he may appear in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Though he is denying it and says he knows nothing about it but he'd love to appear in it. Then their are plenty of actors who rise to Hollywood from TV shows. For example Zachary Quinto is a good one to mention.

I do agree with you regarding the movie might never get made. If it does there is still no knowing who will get the role but there are eyes on a couple of people. Brett being one of them as he has proven himself quite well and is on Hollywood's radar.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I have no idea why people are fascinated about them. To be honest most of them stay on TV shows for a reason. Some of them are really good and choose to stick with TV shows where others are ltiterally stuck there. A lot of famous movie stars like Kevin Bacon, Keifer Sutherland, Vincent D'Onofrio are a few examples of actors that chose to do TV shows. In many cases they do produce or have a major hand in the production. Vincent willingly wanted to do Kingpin and there are rumours that he may appear in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Though he is denying it and says he knows nothing about it but he'd love to appear in it. Then their are plenty of actors who rise to Hollywood from TV shows. For example Zachary Quinto is a good one to mention.

I do agree with you regarding the movie might never get made. If it does there is still no knowing who will get the role but there are eyes on a couple of people. Brett being one of them as he has proven himself quite well and is on Hollywood's radar.

whoa hold on, you can´t just compare Network TV shows with Streaming or Cable shows. TV shows like Daredevil, Game of Thrones or Walking Dead are on a whole other level then your average network TV show. We are talking about near movie level quality, production design, special effects and acting performances here. Comparing a Brett Dalton with a Vincent D'Onofrio is like comparing a deep frozen pizza with a 5 star restaurant menu. Thats really a whole other level of quality there.

I know Brett very well and I never said I dislike him. As an avid Marvel and DC comics fan I am of course a regular viewer of Agents of SHIELD and have known Brett since day one on the show. And he was an excellent Hive last season. I was actually really sad to finally see him leave the show. But I am also being realistic. He was great for an evil Inhuman on a weekly comic book network TV show but that doesn´t mean that he has the level of quality for hollywood blockbuster films. I am pretty sure that if he were in the actual Marvel movies, his performance would be vastly inferior to that of his peers like Downey, Chris Evans or Sam Jackson. cause thats a whole other league.

I am just really tired of people always choosing actors from their favorite TV shows to play big movie roles. TV is not movies. Only very few have actually the skills to also be good movie actors. and why would the casting directors for movies look to TV shows for such major roles if they actually have world class movie actors to choose from instead ?

Like everyone wanted Katee Sackoff to be Captain Marvel. because she loved the character and was a fan favorite on a scifi show. But no, Marvel has actually now (almost certainly) cast Brie Larson in the role instead, who is an actual oscar winning actress. Cause thats the logical thing to do. And how many actual movie actors would be 100 times better for the role of Nathan then Brett Dalton? When Star Wars cast it´s new heroic trio they did not look to the currently hottest actors on TV. They went with great talents from the movie industry. When fans would have casted those three roles I guarantee that none of them would have even thought about John Boyega, Daisy Ridley or Oscar Isaacs. They would have just gone with their favorite TV actors instead.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
whoa hold on, you can´t just compare Network TV shows with Streaming or Cable shows. TV shows like Daredevil, Game of Thrones or Walking Dead are on a whole other level then your average network TV show. We are talking about near movie level quality, production design, special effects and acting performances here. Comparing a Brett Dalton with a Vincent D'Onofrio is like comparing a deep frozen pizza with a 5 star restaurant menu. Thats really a whole other level of quality there.

I know Brett very well and I never said I dislike him. As an avid Marvel and DC comics fan I am of course a regular viewer of Agents of SHIELD and have known Brett since day one on the show. And he was an excellent Hive last season. I was actually really sad to finally see him leave the show. But I am also being realistic. He was great for an evil Inhuman on a weekly comic book network TV show but that doesn´t mean that he has the level of quality for hollywood blockbuster films. I am pretty sure that if he were in the actual Marvel movies, his performance would be vastly inferior to that of his peers like Downey, Chris Evans or Sam Jackson. cause thats a whole other league.

I am just really tired of people always choosing actors from their favorite TV shows to play big movie roles. TV is not movies. Only very few have actually the skills to also be good movie actors. and why would the casting directors for movies look to TV shows for such major roles if they actually have world class movie actors to choose from instead ?

Like everyone wanted Katee Sackoff to be Captain Marvel. because she loved the character and was a fan favorite on a scifi show. But no, Marvel has actually now (almost certainly) cast Brie Larson in the role instead, who is an actual oscar winning actress. Cause thats the logical thing to do. And how many actual movie actors would be 100 times better for the role of Nathan then Brett Dalton? When Star Wars cast it´s new heroic trio they did not look to the currently hottest actors on TV. They went with great talents from the movie industry. When fans would have casted those three roles I guarantee that none of them would have even thought about John Boyega, Daisy Ridley or Oscar Isaacs. They would have just gone with their favorite TV actors instead.

You do have a clear point about Netflix shows and what not. I used them as examples because it seemed like you were generalising on the subject. My bad. Daredevil and Walking Dead are definitely high quality. On a personal note. Game of Thrones is somewhat an iffy spot for me. I find the props way too corny and obvious. Some of the gore looks like a C list horror movie. Which makes it hard to watch for me at times as I can't help but notice it and it seems so fake. Though that's irrelevant :p I just felt the need to vent that out. I just can't help but notice it.

I really think that you're highly underestimating Brett Dalton. Not only was he a brilliant actor as Ward and Alveus (Hive). It was also his first big role and nailed it. I've also mentioned that he has an M.F.A. certificate from Yale. So while he doesn't have nearly as much acting of Downey, Evans, or Jackson. He actually has more education then them. Which is a little bit of a shocker to be honest. While acting is much more based on experience than it is on education (this is why some actors get lucky) have a Yale M.F.A. on your resume means something. It's very hard to get into that school and they only take the best of the best. Brett currently is working on a movie called "Lost in Florence" as the leading role. Along with Stana Katic who is also a TV actor. The lead actress in Castle.

Believe me. I'm sick of hearing about people wanting all the TV actors on the big screen as well. It happens sometimes, but it is rare. I think that Brett is one of those exceptions who has proved himself. I'm looking at this purely from an acting perspective. Not just because I like him or love him. If this were the case I'd say this about so many actors. Which I don't.

I'm not sure with this whole Brie Larson has a lock on the role thing. The thing that's been mentioned about is that Chris Evans wants her to play the role. He said it was a real joy to work with her. They were in Scott Pilgrim vs The World together. If you have a link about her having the lock for the role. I would really like to read about it :) There's been rumors sparking about Chloe Grace Moretz scoring the role after she dressed up as Carol Danvers on the cover of a magazine. Of course she could have been wearing it completely on her own terms. Or she's trying to catch Marvel's eye for the role. Actors are known to do that.

chloemoretzglamour.jpg

Under Lucas. Very few Star Wars characters were famous. I know this isn't your point, but I wanted to point that out. There were quite of a few big names in the series. I'm sure that's obvious and I probably shouldn't even need to bother pointing them out :3

As for Disney... well.... I may very well be misunderstanding your point....

When Star Wars cast it´s new heroic trio they did not look to the currently hottest actors on TV. They went with great talents from the movie industry. When fans would have casted those three roles I guarantee that none of them would have even thought about John Boyega, Daisy Ridley or Oscar Isaacs. They would have just gone with their favorite TV actors instead.

This is incorrect. There are some big names in it. The original cast are part of that. Both Osar Isaacs and Adam Driver are also movie starts. Max Von Shadow, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Glee are all film actors. We can't disclosed our Star Wars specials Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker.

However on the contrary, Gwendoline Christie started as a TV actor or very tiny roles and made her way up. John Boyega and Daisy Ridley are both TV actors that were selected for the movie. The two MAIN leads were television actors that were brought in. Debatably her experience is lower than Daltons, asides from a now big time movie. John Boyega is also another TV actor. One who also seems has less total screen time than Dalton. So two of your three names doesn't do this point any justice. I actually feel that it's a little more supportive to my side of things. So there are more than a few reasons for me to switch to Dalton. Hell, I didn't even know this was thing until a tad over a week ago. After I thought about it. I realised what he's one of the most requested actors for the film and even mentioned it on the films Wiki page (I know that means nothing at all... well something but nothing) . I do believe that Sony is looking at him and Nolan North gave him the thumbs up.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
@Airaku

Totally disagree about Game of Thrones. I am a die hard fan of that show and not once have I ever thought the production quality or effects were subpar or looked fake. That show is probably the best looking show on all of TV for me that gives Lord of the Rings a run for its money. I don´t know where you get that idea that the props look fake or that the gore is bad (really?? the gore FX are oustanding. Red Wedding?? That was perfect) and quite frankly I have never heard anyone say that about the show either. my opinion on that is so much the total opposite that I am not sure if we are watching the same show here. Game of Thrones is probably the best TV show of the last 10 years for me in it´s overall quality, performances and writing. So yeah we are DEFINITELY not gonna see eye to eye on this one.

Comic Book Resources has already even said that Larson has been almost certainly cast as Carol Danvers. What we know for certain is that she is DEFINITELY in talks with Marvel for the role.

I don´t know why everyone wants to see Chloe Grace Moretz as every blonde female superhero out there. Don´t get me wrong, I really LOVE that actress (Chloe IS Hit-Girl !!) but it´s really ridiculous how she is immediately brought up for every female superhero who happens to be blonde lol. Also Chloe is WAY WAY too young for the role of Captain Marvel. Chloe is not even 20 years old and Carol is a longtime member of the US Air Force who is in her mid 30s, making her pretty much 15 years older then Chloe. The actress will have to be 25 at least.

I would rather see her do a Hit-Girl movie instead ;)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Deathstroke

I don't think we'll see eye to eye on GoT either. Red wedding made me cringe so hard at it's corniness that I didn't fell affected from it at all. I was just like... um... okay? I found it a little laughable tbh. I remember reading a story that someone hyper ventilated on a plane that they had to make an emergency landing. Which is funny but not funny at the same time.
To me the movie looked as fake as any of the SaW movies after SaW II. I honestly just couldn't take it seriously. I know a fair bit about film making so I notice stuff like that. If I do notice it, there are times I may start to analyse it. I also thought it we very poorly applied and too obvious to my eye. I'll admit that the show has great CGI, but it really ****s the bed with the props. I may also need to give the show a proper chance and look at it from the story perspective. I'm a real sucker for good stories, unfortunately I currently don't have the time to do so, but perhaps it'll be a future prospect. Until then my experience from what I saw will need to affect my opinion on the matter. Something that very well may change in time.

The only thing I can find about Brie Larson is the "exclusive" article with Variety. I've heard a lot more about Emily Blunt and Rona Rousey. Ugh... both would be terrible choices. Emily Blunt looks nothing like her and I'm not convinced on her being Captain Marvel. Rona is a messed up choice as well. If Rachel Taylor was not part of the MCU then I think she would be a great Carol if she can pull of some stunts. Brie Larson also looks nothing like Carol imho. I just don't see it working out. Who ever takes that role is going to have high expectations from fans more than those who aren't fans. She needs to be brutal, and she needs someone that could pull that off. Fans will tear apart anyone who takes the role if they screw up. That I could say is a safe assumption.

I have a fair few ideas as to who should play her. My top pick is a rather weird one. Looking it up, I'm not alone. She looks a bit like her. She's actually a great actress in some of her stuff, so I think she would pull it off. I doubt you'll agree because it's weird but I think she can do it. Oh and she won't look silly with putting that mask on her eyes. Something that it may be smart to disclude with some actors, but it's iconic. She'd also look damn good in the suit and fans would recognise her. Any ways that actress would be Maggie Grace. Weird, right?

She's ****ing beautiful and I think she's got the looks. The nose, the eyebrows, the lips (in some pictures), the hair lines. She just has it all. Except for the fact Carol has blue eyes. Most of the time, there were a few cases with brown eyes like in the fan art I posted. She's a real beauty and if by the unlikely chance she dose get the role. I would debate that her whole career was for this. She was born to be Carol Danvers imho.

33l164w.jpg

8vznfs.jpg

9bdagw.jpg

OMFG I think I'm in love! Gush gush gush :3

I agree. Chloe Grace Mortez wouldn't be a good choice. I absolutely LOVE Kick-Ass. The 2nd one was disappointing, not so bad on the 2nd viewing. It just does not touch the first film at all. I'm so bummed out that we aren't getting a 3rd. I have been for a while. A hit girl movie would also be more than welcomed.

I love how Aron Talyor Johnson places Dave (Kick Ass) and is Quicksilver in the MCU and his best friend Todd (Ass Kicker) plays Quicksilver in the Fox films.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
@Deathstroke

I don't think we'll see eye to eye on GoT either. Red wedding made me cringe so hard at it's corniness that I didn't fell affected from it at all. I was just like... um... okay? I found it a little laughable tbh. I remember reading a story that someone hyper ventilated on a plane that they had to make an emergency landing. Which is funny but not funny at the same time.
To me the movie looked as fake as any of the SaW movies after SaW II. I honestly just couldn't take it seriously. I know a fair bit about film making so I notice stuff like that. If I do notice it, there are times I may start to analyse it. I also thought it we very poorly applied and too obvious to my eye. I'll admit that the show has great CGI, but it really ****s the bed with the props. I may also need to give the show a proper chance and look at it from the story perspective. I'm a real sucker for good stories, unfortunately I currently don't have the time to do so, but perhaps it'll be a future prospect. Until then my experience from what I saw will need to affect my opinion on the matter. Something that very well may change in time.

The only thing I can find about Brie Larson is the "exclusive" article with Variety. I've heard a lot more about Emily Blunt and Rona Rousey. Ugh... both would be terrible choices. Emily Blunt looks nothing like her and I'm not convinced on her being Captain Marvel. Rona is a messed up choice as well. If Rachel Taylor was not part of the MCU then I think she would be a great Carol if she can pull of some stunts. Brie Larson also looks nothing like Carol imho. I just don't see it working out. Who ever takes that role is going to have high expectations from fans more than those who aren't fans. She needs to be brutal, and she needs someone that could pull that off. Fans will tear apart anyone who takes the role if they screw up. That I could say is a safe assumption.

I have a fair few ideas as to who should play her. My top pick is a rather weird one. Looking it up, I'm not alone. She looks a bit like her. She's actually a great actress in some of her stuff, so I think she would pull it off. I doubt you'll agree because it's weird but I think she can do it. Oh and she won't look silly with putting that mask on her eyes. Something that it may be smart to disclude with some actors, but it's iconic. She'd also look damn good in the suit and fans would recognise her. Any ways that actress would be Maggie Grace. Weird, right?

She's ****ing beautiful and I think she's got the looks. The nose, the eyebrows, the lips (in some pictures), the hair lines. She just has it all. Except for the fact Carol has blue eyes. Most of the time, there were a few cases with brown eyes like in the fan art I posted. She's a real beauty and if by the unlikely chance she dose get the role. I would debate that her whole career was for this. She was born to be Carol Danvers imho.

33l164w.jpg

8vznfs.jpg

9bdagw.jpg

OMFG I think I'm in love! Gush gush gush :3

I agree. Chloe Grace Mortez wouldn't be a good choice. I absolutely LOVE Kick-Ass. The 2nd one was disappointing, not so bad on the 2nd viewing. It just does not touch the first film at all. I'm so bummed out that we aren't getting a 3rd. I have been for a while. A hit girl movie would also be more than welcomed.

I love how Aron Talyor Johnson places Dave (Kick Ass) and is Quicksilver in the MCU and his best friend Todd (Ass Kicker) plays Quicksilver in the Fox films.

Saw III had some truly amazing gore FX and is one of my favorite horror films.....I can´t even believe what you said about Red Wedding. Corny ? You´re the definitely the first person ever to say that lol. Most people were shocked to the core. me included. It was one of the most shocking and hardhitting hours of television I ever witnessed. No your choice and taste about Maggie Grace isn´t weird. But your opinion on GoT definitely is :p Let´s just leave it at that.

I love both Kick-Ass movies. Even though the 2nd lacks, Chloe makes up for it with her awesome performance. I still find the 2nd movie very entertaining. That being said the comic books are WAY better (and also much more brutal). If you have not read them I heavily recommend them. There are actually four books - Kick-Ass 1-3 and the Hit-Girl book (which is set between KA 1 and 2)

"Don´t worry, I brought Mjolnir" WHAM! hahahahahaha (you know what I mean when you read it^^)

as for Carol, you´re making the mistake to think we will get Ms. Marvel. You posted images of Ms. Marvel and talked about putting a mask on the actress. Actually they are going with the current Captain Marvel version of the character. You know, short hair, red/blue outfit, NO mask.

This one:

VgqfCFL.jpg

I generally don´t do fancasting. I find it silly because all we ever do when we fancast is use our favorite actors and don´t look objectively at actors and their abilities. And like virtually every single time they go with a completely different actor anyway so what is the point ? I am sure whoever one of us picks as Carol will not be playing her and Marvel will cast someone completely different. So I have given up on the whole silly fancast thing a while ago.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Yeah, I don't know why... but I just notice it with GoT when it comes to the props and not the CGI. I noticed the same in SaW III. To me the bones looked very face and the skin chunks looked like laytex. It didn't stop it from being the grossest and most disturbing of all the Saw films. That one actually made me feel sick and I didn't like it. I bared with it, and I loved the twist... but damnit it bugged my morality and made me sick inside. Sure the laters ones were gross, after James Wan left the series. The shows got more gory and gross which distracted from the story. I am very excited for the next SaW film which will hallmark his return. There has been rumors that SaW: Legacy could pick up after SaW II or III and retcon the other films. The boy is still missing, the girl was saved but we don't know ****. So much was missing that the movies kind of went off the track. So it could be going back and changing things. Perhaps retconning or being another part of the series like III and IV ran parallel. I wouldn't mind the retcon. I just don't want a full on reboot :/

But yeah, as far as GoT and SaW III... maybe I just have an eye for those kinds of things? The original Star Wars still looks great today because of the models, but the thing is. It was done in a way that the models look real and authentic. Episode II still holds up a little bit and Episode III holds up fantastic, I think it looks better than Episode VII by a fair bit. Episode I looks like a joke now. Not that the movie was really good with the exception of Qui Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan, and Darth Maul. They needed more screen time. Even with them, only Palpatine had any advanced or good dialogue. I don't hate Episode I, but I don't care for it either. I loved it as a kid and that was good enough.
Also when Transformers came out.... holy **** did the CGI ever blow me away. That was a phenomenal work of art. So there are times where I just get blown away and can't believe my eyes. CGI is getting so good, but we can never abandon real acting and good props (I'm not hating on the acting in GoT). Part of this is why the Lord of the Ring films are so good. Great use of props. Even the Hobbit films nailed it beautifully, despite the CGI. Smog's lair with the CGI was a little bad. You could tell the gold was all green screened. Still, I loved those films.

I haven't read the Kick-Ass books unfortunately. I'm still bummed with Kick-Ass 2. I loved Jim Carry, even though he didn't have anything nice to say about the film. "The Mother ****er" really cracked me up at times. What a tool. So many funny moments, but the movie can't even touch the first film with a pole. Honestly the first film is one of my favorite super hero films. Probably top 5.

Yay I'm glad that you though Maggie Grace isn't weird. She looks good with short hair as well. I know you don't fancast. I do from time to time. This is defiantly one of the cases xD

DON'T YOU BREAK MY DREAMS :'( Ugh I've figure it was that version "Captain Marvel". I mean they talked about it, teased the out fit... but damnit you don't need to crush my hopes. Ms. Marvel is a far, far, far better incarnation of Carol. I honestly feel it's a mistake and that the other one would be accepted much better. A far better story, more interesting elements, and just... honestly far better.

But there does lie one problem. This version would likely make more money only because the kids will be going. I honestly cannot see or fathom a Ms. Marvel movie not being R. It just wouldn't work. It would be off character and it just wouldn't be her. Which adds to the question as to how they would fit such a brutally dark character to work with the Avengers in the Infinty War. Out of all the currently announced IP's. Ms Marvel should be an R rated film. I mean seriously... I want Binary to come into play eventually as well. I want the real Ms. Marvel. Not this bull**** that we are getting now. Well written or not. I guess I am being one stubborn bastard but... damnit. Captain Marvel should be none other than Mar-Vell himself. Which would serve as an origin story for Carol.

I hold on to hope that Marvel will add a different layer to the MCU that will include R rated films with the likes of Blade, Ghost Rider, maybe a big screen adaptation of Daredevil and Punisher.... sadly I don't think we'll get that for a long time. I know that Blade has been rumored for a long time and has been in the talks with Marvel. In what capacity is the question. At the end of the day. I want an R rated Ms. Marvel film more than anything *cries*

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Yeah, I don't know why... but I just notice it with GoT when it comes to the props and not the CGI. I noticed the same in SaW III. To me the bones looked very face and the skin chunks looked like laytex. It didn't stop it from being the grossest and most disturbing of all the Saw films. That one actually made me feel sick and I didn't like it. I bared with it, and I loved the twist... but damnit it bugged my morality and made me sick inside. Sure the laters ones were gross, after James Wan left the series. The shows got more gory and gross which distracted from the story. I am very excited for the next SaW film which will hallmark his return. There has been rumors that SaW: Legacy could pick up after SaW II or III and retcon the other films. The boy is still missing, the girl was saved but we don't know ****. So much was missing that the movies kind of went off the track. So it could be going back and changing things. Perhaps retconning or being another part of the series like III and IV ran parallel. I wouldn't mind the retcon. I just don't want a full on reboot :/

But yeah, as far as GoT and SaW III... maybe I just have an eye for those kinds of things? The original Star Wars still looks great today because of the models, but the thing is. It was done in a way that the models look real and authentic. Episode II still holds up a little bit and Episode III holds up fantastic, I think it looks better than Episode VII by a fair bit. Episode I looks like a joke now. Not that the movie was really good with the exception of Qui Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan, and Darth Maul. They needed more screen time. Even with them, only Palpatine had any advanced or good dialogue. I don't hate Episode I, but I don't care for it either. I loved it as a kid and that was good enough.
Also when Transformers came out.... holy **** did the CGI ever blow me away. That was a phenomenal work of art. So there are times where I just get blown away and can't believe my eyes. CGI is getting so good, but we can never abandon real acting and good props (I'm not hating on the acting in GoT). Part of this is why the Lord of the Ring films are so good. Great use of props. Even the Hobbit films nailed it beautifully, despite the CGI. Smog's lair with the CGI was a little bad. You could tell the gold was all green screened. Still, I loved those films.

I haven't read the Kick-Ass books unfortunately. I'm still bummed with Kick-Ass 2. I loved Jim Carry, even though he didn't have anything nice to say about the film. "The Mother ****er" really cracked me up at times. What a tool. So many funny moments, but the movie can't even touch the first film with a pole. Honestly the first film is one of my favorite super hero films. Probably top 5.

Yay I'm glad that you though Maggie Grace isn't weird. She looks good with short hair as well. I know you don't fancast. I do from time to time. This is defiantly one of the cases xD

DON'T YOU BREAK MY DREAMS :'( Ugh I've figure it was that version "Captain Marvel". I mean they talked about it, teased the out fit... but damnit you don't need to crush my hopes. Ms. Marvel is a far, far, far better incarnation of Carol. I honestly feel it's a mistake and that the other one would be accepted much better. A far better story, more interesting elements, and just... honestly far better.

But there does lie one problem. This version would likely make more money only because the kids will be going. I honestly cannot see or fathom a Ms. Marvel movie not being R. It just wouldn't work. It would be off character and it just wouldn't be her. Which adds to the question as to how they would fit such a brutally dark character to work with the Avengers in the Infinty War. Out of all the currently announced IP's. Ms Marvel should be an R rated film. I mean seriously... I want Binary to come into play eventually as well. I want the real Ms. Marvel. Not this bull**** that we are getting now. Well written or not. I guess I am being one stubborn bastard but... damnit. Captain Marvel should be none other than Mar-Vell himself. Which would serve as an origin story for Carol.

I hold on to hope that Marvel will add a different layer to the MCU that will include R rated films with the likes of Blade, Ghost Rider, maybe a big screen adaptation of Daredevil and Punisher.... sadly I don't think we'll get that for a long time. I know that Blade has been rumored for a long time and has been in the talks with Marvel. In what capacity is the question. At the end of the day. I want an R rated Ms. Marvel film more than anything *cries*

haha you´re starting to talk about all my favorite things lol - Marvel/DC, Kick-Ass, GoT, Saw - now Star Wars ? We go on like this we are gonna go so badly off topic lol

But let me tackle this one at a time:

SAW

I have been a horror fan since I was 14 years old (I am 33 now), honestly it was the first genre I ever loved. I am a particular fan of 80s and 90s slasher films and franchises such as Halloween (Michael Myers brought me into horror and the series will always have a special place for me), Hellraiser (Pinhead is one of my most fav horror characters of all time) and especially my favorite series Friday the 13th (Jason rules all). I also loved Wes Craven (my favorite horror director of all time, may he rest in peace) and his Scream and Nightmare films.

Saw was something I discovered about 10 years ago and the combination of morally complex story, the fascinating villain and the uncompromising level of violence (I love me some explicit gore in my horror films) really drew me in. I actually like the whole series with the exception of the truly abysmal seventh movie. Saw I was good, Saw II dipped a bit in quality but Saw III was an absolute blast. the focus on Jigsaw and Amanda and the hardcore violence and the whole story around it was just awesome. One of my most favorite films ever and the best in the entire series. After Jigsaws death it got pretty complex and convoluted but still was very fun. I honestly really liked Saw 4-6 and it really fleshed out Kramers story and some of the deaths were wildly creative. Saw 6 in particular was actually a really damn good movie and the ending was perfect. The series should have ended right then and there. saw 7 was an insult and disgrace. I can´t even watch this movie any longer. Do I need a Saw 8 ? It would be a good way to give the series a more proper ending. It should ignore Saw 7 and just continue after saw 6. If they wanna ignore 4-6, fine as long as they dont ignore 3. But honestly I am way more in need of another proper Hellraiser (with Doug Bradley as Pinhead) and can´t wait for the upcoming Halloween and Friday the 13th Reboots. It´s about damn time. Those will always be my favorite franchises.

Saw really drew me in back then because it had a lot of parallels to my father. he was dying from cancer and said a lot of the same things that Jigsaw said in Saw 2 and 3. There was a lot of truth in that and that made it very personal for me. I mean my father did not play deadly games with people but there was a lot of truth in the films about how people experience cancer and what it does to them. That really hit home for me. Kudos to Toby Bell.

STAR WARS & CG

If there is anything on this planet I am a bigger fan of then the superhero genre, it´s Star Wars. That is simply my great geek love ever since I was 10 years old. The old trilogy made me a fan and around the same time the special edition was released so that really became "my Star Wars". Thats why unlike most of the old fans I actually prefer the updated versions (My favorite version of the original films is the 2004 DVD release. among other reasons because they finally made Ian McDiarmid play the Emperor in Episode V and gave Boba the voice of Jango). Not soon after I got into SW the prequels hit, so that was really my generation. I watched Episode I 14 (!) times in theaters, simply because it was my first cinematic SW experience and I couldnt get enough of it. Its my least favorite SW film too but that doesnt mean I dont like it. I love all seven films and its all one big story to me. But if I had to pick my favorite it would be surely Episode III. I am a HUGE fan of the Anakin/Vader character and of the jedi/Sith mythology (especially the Sith history and ideology) so naturally Ep III was pretty much the movie I had been waiting for. Right after that I would say Episode V (duh). Episode VI could have been so much better without the Ewok and Jabba stuff. That movie is like two very different movies for me. You have this awesome SW movie in there with Luke/Vader/Palpatine and the Space battle and Skywalker family stuff. And then you have this dragging, silly movie in there with that puppet show in Jabbas palace and the silly teddybears bringing down a mighty Sith military with a bunch of sticks and tree trunks. If you skip most of the Ewok stuff and fast foward in the beginning to the point leia frees Han you actually get a much better and more coherent movie. people glorify the older films and for the most part they are masterpieces but they definitely have their flaws too just like the prequels (or Episode VII). But at the end of the day, I love all of them to death.

I also watch all the SW TV shows (Vader vs Ahsoka nearly drove tears to my eyes man), read all of the comics (especially the Vader series is awesome) and have a lot of novels. In fact the Darth Bane trilogy of novels might be my most favorite SW story of all time. While it officially is no longer canon (Though to me it remains canon until canonical works start contradicting it), I still hugely recommend it to really get an insight into the Sith and how the Sith from the movies came to be. What a great, great story. I also would recommend the Darth Plagueis novel which even ties into Episode I.

It´s funny that you mention that Episode II has aged better then I because nearly every SW fan I know claims exactly the opposite. Episode I had more on set photography and real locations and a much less artificial feel due to not being filmed digitally. I have to agree with the fact that while I like Episode II it has not aged nearly as well as the other films. some of the digital effects (especially in the Geonosis battle) look extremely fake and more like a videogame. I think Lucas was really straining the technology with that movie to a point where it wasn´t entirely ready yet for what he wanted to do. CG just wasn´t there yet at the time. On the other hand I think Episode III still looks terrific, especially the Clone soldiers look very realistic and not at all like in Episode II. the movie just feels a lot more real despite actually being shot entirely digital without real locations at all. I just think that the technology was more ready in 2004 then it had been in 2001.

I am actually a big fan of Michael Bay films and while many hate on him and the Transformers films in particular, I really love them just for the awesome photography, effects, music and action alone. The CG effects on these movies are truly outstanding. My favorite film is the 3rd one. That scene where the driller takes down the skyscraper? That was so insane. I saw interviews with the guys from ILM who said that they had to write entirely new programs to do Optimus and especially the Driller because they were made out of tens of thousands of individual moving parts, which all had to be animated and programmed. they worked months and months and months on it and you won´t even believe how much CPU power they needed for the Driller alone. It´s really unreal, extremely impressive and not as easy as everyone thinks it is to just "do it on the computer". Really good CG effects are very hard to pull off and are works of art.

I was just talking about that topic with someone else on facebook. CG has gotten so enormously good now (if done properly) that you barely can´t tell the difference anymore. Did you know that the entire airport scene in Captain America: Civil War was almost entirely CG (except for the characters whose faces you could see) ? The airport itself was CG, every single shot of Iron Man, War Machine, Vision, Black Panther, Spider-Man and Ant-Man was CG. Whenever Black Panther was fully masked in costume, every shot of him in the movie was CG - even the close ups !! I couldn´t tell in the movie. It´s insane how good really well done CG has become. And it´s nothing bad or shameful. To me CG is just another tool to make movies, just like stop motion, practical FX etc. It´s all just tools to create the illusion. And I don´t care wether that tool is handmade or digital - all I care about is getting the best looking movie possible and have a truly amazing visual experience.

KICK-ASS

You should really read the comic books. They are way better then the movies. Much more violent, gritty and realistic too. The first movie completely changed the ending (jetpack? really?!) and especially KA 2 is a lot more hardcore in the comic (Katie is actually gang raped by Motherfu**er and his crew and he even blows the brains out of little children on the street) and the 2nd movie kind of slapped together events from KA 2 and the Hit-Girl book. Plus there is a ton of stuff not in the movies. The first movie even completely changed the story of Mindys father (in the book his story of being an ex-cop who was betrayed was a big lie and he later says to Dave "I am just like you, Dave. Another asshole"). Costumes were changed too and Hit-Girl is a LOT more brutal then in the movie. In the second movie they changed the way Mindy was training Dave immensely and they completely omitted an entire huge sequence from the Hit-Girl book where she and her mother are attacked by hitmen and Mindy BRUTALLY dismembers them and then has a vision of her father, telling her to wipe out the entire damn Genovese mafia (called D´Amico in the films because the Genovese mafia actually exists in real life) and then Hit-Girl goes after the entire Mafia, killing them all in the most gruesome ways she can possibly come up with. Mindy is also a great deal younger in the comic then she is in the movie (only 11 years old). The books also have a lot more injokes and Marvel/DC references then the movies. ("I don´t see Green Lantern having to do this ****!") and are overall a lot more gory, nasty and bleaker.

if you love Kick-Ass then you really need to read the books. Seriously.

CAPTAIN MARVEL

well the movie is called "Captain Marvel" not "Ms. Marvel" so it should really have been clear from the get go. Also it makes sense. In the comics Carol has now been Captain Marvel for years and now she has actually a more prominent role in the Marvel universe then ever before. She and Iron Man are actually now the two biggest Marvel flagship characters in the comics (and also the main characters of the current Civil War II event that has just kicked off) so of course Marvel will want to give the wider audience the same Carol they have in the comics now as it will draw a lot more people to the comics of Captain Marvel if she is the same character as she is in the movie.

Marvel will also not do R rated films. Kevin Feige stated this very clearly fairly recently when the issue of R rated movies came up given the fact that Deadpool did so well and Wolverine 3 will be rated R and even the Blu Ray version of Batman V Superman will be r rated (as well as DCs upcoming animated Batman movie The Killing Joke). But Feige and Disney have stated clearly that their movies will always be PG-13 and that they relegate the more darker, violent and mature stuff to the Netflix shows. So expect characters like Ghost Rider, Blade or Moon Knight on Netflix and not the films.

But honestly thats a good compromise for me. of course Disney will not make R rated superherofilms. I mean seriously. We are talking about the ultimate family entertainment studio here.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Deathstroke

Holy, I meant to come on to do quick replies because I've been so but, I'm going to do my best to reply to as much as I can :p

SaW/Horror films.

It's kind of funny because Nightmare and Elm Street (Favorite of them all), SaW and Scream are my favorite horror movies. Okay, Scream is more of a parody than a Horror movie, but it's a damn good one. Wes Craven is a brilliant Horror director, he's defiantly my favorite as well. I also liked some of the Friday the 13th Movie's. They are weird because they are terrible movies, but good movies at the same time. I have no idea how they worked out to be that way. Some of them are ridiculous. Jason X LMAO! I won't lie. That one was entertaining as hell with how stupid it was. Like the rest of them, it was so bad that it was good. It made zero sense. I just couldn't.

I've never seen the Hellraiser movies, I've been recommended to watch them, but they look so.... weird. I couldn't figure out what made them appealing to invest into.

Back to SaW. I have to agree with you that SaW IV was pretty good. The twist was amazing and the whole concept of it was great. He thought he had a certain amount of time to complete the test, when in reality he needed to wait until that time was up. That was brilliant. It was a really good movie. V and VI were decent. I really didn't like Hoffman very much and I just wanted to see him die. He didn't have any purpose other than to watch people suffer. He did it all for revenge and didn't honor or respect the reason Kramer was doing it. He rigged the traps so people would just "die". I felt like he was nothing more than a plot device to create more gore, or torture porn. So Hoffman really started to ruin the movies a little bit for me. I liked Amanda and I just couldn't believe what Hoffman did to Jill. That guy ****es me off so much! He even asked the girl who lost her arm if she learned a lesson, and the way the girl responded was correct. He was sick. Where Kramer's victims would respond in a very different manner and had their philosophy of life changed.

I didn't mind the last SaW movie. It wasn't good and he deaths were stupid as hell, but I was just happy to see Dr. Gordon back because he was my favorite. He ****ed Hoffman up. That was my happiest moment of anything after IV. As for III. It was my least favorite. I thought the story was good, that much I can give it. It was different on how it was done, but to me. SaW is about all the participants working together. Only the first film, III, and V did this. Which made those good. The others had them focused on one or two people, where everyone else around them revolves around them. Which means they had no choice or say in rather to live or die. That goes against Kramer's philosophies. So it didn't make sense to me. Why these people had no say in their lies, if they wanted to redeem themselves or not. I thought that was the whole point, so III really took that away. It made the "games" seem meaningless. Also I didn't like the traps or the gore in this one. I thought it was really gross and disturbing. For me the gore and the story neutralized it. One was too acidic (pun intended) and the other was too basic (but still good).

I really hope the next SaW delivers. The first two films were brilliant. Hopefully it has a bit of everything all the fans like :p

Star Wars

God I love Star Wars! This one is a long one I bet xD It's nice to meet a Star Wars fan on here. I haven't watched the Cartoons but I used to play the **** out of the Jedi Knight games! Those games were perfection. Especially Dark Forces II and Jedi Outcast. Absolutely revolutionary PC games. I played some other Star Wars games as well, but those two are the best. I love the story in the Force Unleashed games. The first one is so good! I got all the achievements in those games :p (on 360). You have no idea how ****ed off I got while fighting Kazdan Paratus (second boss) on Unleashed difficulty. That guy was bull****! Proxy as Darth Maul was so unfair as well. The rest of the game is pretty easy on Unleashed minus a few bull**** parts. Such a fun game.
Do you by any chance play The Old Republic online? I did, but only to level 30ish :/ Ever here and there I'm tempted to go back and play it xD

I don't know what to say. I watched the Blu-ray movies recently on my PS4 on my monitor and Episode II looked far better than I. I found some of the textures were blurry and stretched out. The full CGI characters looked "popped out" so to speak. Where Episode II didn't look great, but gravely improved and more acceptable and appealing. Certain parts like Kamino still looked great. I might need to check it out on a 4K TV and compare the two :p

I have to agree. Episode III is by far my favorite movie of them all! It was so good! It's funny how everyone say's Anakin is a crappy character and Hayden is a ****ty actor. I have to disagree and I think a lot of people missed one of his biggest character traits. His anxiety disorder. He tried to do everything he could to do right and after he had those visions. He'd try to stop it. He reported Palpatine and he became scared because he thought what he did was wrong because Padme could die. He wasn't given enough time to think or make a rational decision when Mace was fighting Palpatine. He was all shooken up with no idea.

With that in mind. What he did there echoed to what he did in Episode VI. In III he didn't think and recklessly got Mace out of selfishness to save the one he loved. In episode VI he thought about it and through Palpatine down the shaft to save his son is a selfless way. So we see his turn through selfishness and his turn back through being selfless. I thought that was a really cool contrast they did with him and I think Hayden nailed that. It's a shame so many people over saw that because I think that is why Luca's intentions were.

Captain Marvel

I know it was clear.... but even still :( But it doesn't change that (at least in my opinion) that Ms. Marvel is a far better character. Even if it's the same person. It's really depressing that we are getting this version of her. I guess it makes sense giving her current role in the comics and how her "Ms. Marvel" personal is pretty dark for a PG-13 rating. Speaking of which. Is Captain Marvel a direct connection or did they recton/rewrite some stuff? I just hope it can live up to the fan expectations because I think it's going to be high. Especially with people like myself who want "Ms. Marvel" *sighs*

Who knows if it'll always stay like that. What's not to say that Marvel won't launch a separate second on the MCU that is a little more loose and is for darker, more R-rated films like Blade and what not. I know there's been rumors and talks about it. I'm really curious on how it'll be done if they really do get Snipe's to return. I doubt he'll settle for anything less than R and... Netflix? Really? I don't see him wanting to do that. Of course the whole thing is wishful thinking on Snipe's part, but he has confirmed having some behind close doors conversations with Marvel. So it's all up to them and what ever the compromise. I think it would be in Marvel's interest to have a separate line of R rated films, but that's just me :p

Don't forget that Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 is going to go darker and take some big risks. The new 10pm timeslot will allow them to have a small rating bump. It's still public TV so it can only go so far. Then again ABC has had a very violent shows in the past, and Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. even had a very episodes that go far past what the movies would show. Season 3 was pretty damn dark, and really freaking good! Do you watch A.o.S.? I assume yes xD

PS. Sorry I can't proof read anything atm -_- and sorry I had to cut some things out. I've just been sooo busy lately and a few things happened.
Remind me that I'll send some really cool Star Wars Episode III/Marvel crossover over Photoshop's I made later.

Top Bottom