• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 10 Saddest Resident Evil moments

Zacmac90

Since 1996, Resident Evil has given us plenty of moments that we enjoy and remember but also some that may have been quite sad and even heartbreaking. So here are what I think (in no particular order) are Resident Evil's saddest moments

10: The Ending credits of Resident Evil 4
9: Mikhail sacrifices himself to save Jill
8: Piers transformation and sacrifice
7: Lisa Trevor's debut/Death
6: Steve's death
5: Finding Forrest's corpse
4: Richard dies saving Jill
3: Barry blackmailed by Wesker
2: Brad Vickers killed by Nemesis
1: Raccoon city's demise

What do you think? Agree/disagree? What moments do you think should have made the list?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I agree on Mikhail, Piers, Barry's blackmailing, Lisa Trevor, and Raccoon City's demise, but found Steve so annoying that I couldn't shed a tear when he died, didn't care all too much about Brad or Forrest, and Richard's sacrifice might have been more dramatic if we hadn't known it was inevitably coming. What is sad about RE4's ending credits, by the way? (I'm asking because I never got that far. :razz: )

Not sure if I could think of ten moments and arrange them from the least sad one to the saddest, but Helena and Deborah's story would definitely be on my list. I have a sister too, and if protecting her meant risking the death of the president, I wouldn't even give it a second thought. (In fact, looking at the current president of the USA, I think I might even risk his life for less.)

Then there's the final moments of Ada's RE6 campaign. You can clearly see in her face that everything that has happened is finally getting to her, and the music nicely emphasises her feelings as she's going on her rampage to destroy Carla's lab. Of course, with Ada being Ada, we can't know for sure what she was actually thinking, but I choose to think she was really, really upset.

Jill's time as Wesker's slave is actually more horrifying than it is sad, but it's also sad because she lost three years of her life that she'll never get back. A time during which she was fully aware of the terrible crimes she committed, but couldn't do anything to stop herself, and the entire world thought she was dead. Let that sink in for a moment.

Also, Sherry's entire life. Period.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
You guys covered just about all of them for me.

Pier's transformation and sacrifice is definitely up there on my list and probably the number one spot. That whole boss fight had me stressing because for the first time the story in RE didn't feel so predictable. I just had a sinking feeling that one of them wouldn't walk away from that fight.

Barry's story in REvelations 2 had me feeling pretty bad, especially when we last saw that Moira was seriously injured and there he was still fighting to find out the truth and hoping she would be alive against all odds.

Ada's final moments in RE6 were also sad in their own way- as explained above.

Doug's sacrifice in RE5 to save Jill and Josh was also sad.

Richard's sacrifice to save Chris/Jill.

Lisa Trevor (the Moaning Lisa).

Steve's death was pretty sad- especially seeing it updated in The Darkside Chronicles.

Sherry's past.

I'm basically piggybacking on what you all have listed but I do want to add something from RE7. Regardless of how everyone may feel about the game, the infection of the Baker family is pretty tragic. Also, when you stick Eveline with the needle and she transforms into this crying old lady- that got to me too. Crying elderly people, man.

Last edited:

Zacmac90

I've yet to play resident evil 7 so I mainly kept it to the games I can think of. Its too bad they killed Piers off, he could have been like the Chris Redfield of a new generation of Resident Evil

HookerZombie

I know Ada didn't technically die in Resident Evil 2 but the scene where it looked like she died was very saddening imo. I was glad to learn that she was still alive though.

Also the scene in Resident Evil Outbreak where you see the lab built over the ruins of Raccoon City was pretty emotional. To think that people were still conducting bioweapon research in that area even after all that horror and tragedy with innocent civilians loosing their lives...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't think I could come up with 10 things, but here goes.

1. Piers' death. This hit me as hard as Steve's death. Maybe even harder. I was really invested in Piers as a character because I liked watching him step up and try to beat some sense into Chris. He did look like he would be in the series future to me, and he made the ultimate sacrifice at the end of 6. Really sad.

2. Steve's death, and for that matter, much of Code Veronica. Say what you want about Steve. He was annoying yea, but he was a teenage boy with a crush in a bad place physically and mentally. He watched his father die. I also found the Ashford twins tragic especially as they were juxtaposed again Chris and Claire as they attempted to find each other. This whole game was just sad.

Hmm, yea, definitely not 10. But to be honest these 2 events hit me hard. Other bits of the story were sad, sure but pretty fleeting. Probably because I don't really have strong attachments to most of the main characters in the series (see favorite characters thread). Piers is easily one of, if not my favorite character in the series and Steve made the list too. I don't know why but the one offs tend to be the ones I gravitate towards, to the point where I can basically assume that if I like the characters, they will probably inevitably die.

mert20004

Gonna make a top 5 tragic character death list cause top 10 is too long for me:

1. Piers
2. Merah
3. Steve
4. Evgeny
5. Doug wright

GhostFace

Slasher
I really felt for the Bakers during the scene when Jack's talking to Ethan as his normal self. I haven't had a chance to play the "daughters" dlc yet, but I have heard it shows them more as a normal family before Eveline's influence.

Top Bottom