• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Too late for broken butterfly?

Jimdmorrison

I accidentally saved over my old file, so I only have 2 saves in 4-1 and 4-2, both after Ashley gets kidnapped by Salazar. Is it too late for me to use her to get the free broken butterfly or can I go back with her once we reunite in 4-4?

thanks!

Murderer Enshrined

The Broken Butterfly takes up 8 cells (2x4) in the Attache Case. You can buy it from The Merchant for 38,000 PTAS in Chapter 3: Part 1, or you can find it in a treasure chest by boosting Ashley up through a window. It's in the area right before the hedge maze.

So, if you've passed the hedge maze area, and the are where you hoist Ashley up through a window, I feel you may have missed your opportunity to get that weapon for free. It's been a long time since I've played Resident Evil 4.

You collect money very quickly in the game, though, if I recall correctly. Just kill all the enemies, and collect everything they drop - leave nothing behind and no enemies alive - I ended every game having routed at least 900 total enemies.

And then any weapons you acquired will be in your suitcase when you start a new game, a long with any upgrades you bought before you finished the game.

Mr.R

You can buy the Broken Butterfly from the merchant when you put foot on the Castle. So even if you missed the free one you need Ashley for, you can buy it anytime after entering the Castle.

Top Bottom