• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To our dear departed...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Let us take our time to mourn the dead in this thread, be it friends, family members, pets, celebrities, or anyone really.

This morning I woke up to a sad call from Modgud, telling me that a genius mind had crossed the bridge to my realm. He's said to have died peacefully in his home, presumably from his illness, but the exact details are currently unknown. He was one of my favourite writers, I loved his books that managed to make the most complicated and most boring topics of astrophysics comprehensible and exciting, his guest appearances in The Big Bang Theory, and his (sometimes mean) humour.

Goodbye, Stephen Hawking! Rest in peace.

hawkingq8ol7.jpg

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Let us take our time to mourn the dead in this thread, be it friends, family members, pets, celebrities, or anyone really.

This morning I woke up to a sad call from Modgud, telling me that a genius mind had crossed the bridge to my realm. He's said to have died peacefully in his home, presumably from his illness, but the exact details are currently unknown. He was one of my favourite writers, I loved his books that managed to make the most complicated and most boring topics of astrophysics comprehensible and exciting, his guest appearances in The Big Bang Theory, and his (sometimes mean) humour.

Goodbye, Stephen Hawking! Rest in peace.
hawkingq8ol7.jpg
He was an incredibly strong man. Even after he was diagnosed and was told he would only live for a couple more years, he continued his research and lived his life. He didn't give up, he lived way longer than expected.
Rest in peace.

This was Ohara pooch. He died a few weeks ago, i haven´t cried so hard for a long time. When i close the garage door, i still sometimes leave it half open for him to go pee because i forget he´s gone.

5wPML5O.jpg

Jack-Skellington-Nightmare-Before-Christmas-c.jpg
Rest in peace. I'm sorry for your loss, BioLence.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
He was one of the greats of earth! RIP

This was Ohara pooch. He died a few weeks ago, i haven´t cried so hard for a long time. When i close the garage door, i still sometimes leave it half open for him to go pee because i forget he´s gone.

5wPML5O.jpg

Jack-Skellington-Nightmare-Before-Christmas-c.jpg

I’m very sorry for your loss. The death of a pet is never easy especially when you see them as true members of your family. :sad:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Well, today officially marks the one year anniversary since Chester Bennington passed away. Not gonna lie, I still can't help but feel a little bit sad from time to time in light of the tragic news. :cry: The dude had such an amazing voice, and I loved Hybrid Theory and Meteora. In fact, it was the Hybrid Theory album that got me into rock music and introduced me to more bands back in Middle School, so it'll always hold a special place in my heart. Both CDs also got me and millions of others through some dark times.

We lost some incredibly gifted vocalists as of late. Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, Dolores O'Riordan (she was linked to a possible suicide as well), etc. May they all R.I.P.

Last edited:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
John McCain passed away, this was very sad. It's only 3 days since I learned how ill he was. I feel he was the President the US should have had, but never got. He saw the good in his political opponents, and he was respected and liked by both allies and opponents.

n8HjXqA.jpg

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
John McCain passed away, this was very sad. It's only 3 days since I learned how ill he was. I feel he was the President the US should have had, but never got. He saw the good in his political opponents, and he was respected and liked by both allies and opponents.

n8HjXqA.jpg

Very sad. There's many things I disagreed with him on politically, but he was a hero to this country and a class act. Thoughts are with him and his family.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Marvel legend and co-creator Stan Lee dies at 95.

Damn, this one stings. What he's done for the comic book industry is unparalleled. He was responsible for many generations of iconic characters and stories that helped shape Marvel as the top brand. Sadly, we all knew he wasn't gonna be around much longer, but it was great to see him live long enough to see Marvel get all their film properties back (X-Men and Fantastic Four), hell of a way to go out.

Rest peacefully, Stan, you deserve it.

Last edited:

Dino Tegu

Can't show any photos right now. Had a little kitten pass. I loved him very dearly. I'm up late at night now because it really haunts me. Little fella must have been thrown from a car, dropped off by someone. He had internal injuries. I worked like hell to save his life after I found him. In my little time with him, he became a part of me and I loved him. I've had some really tough times lately so I needed him as much as he needed me. He showed me hope. Sadly, after a long trip to get him the care he needed things got bad near the end. I had to let him go. I would not let him suffer. I wish people in this world could show a little more kindness. Then maybe he could have had a life. Sick of seeing stuff like this.

I've worked with animals my entire life. People telling me trying to save everything is pointless and I should give it up. But if that's pointless, well then isn't everything? It has to mean something. It certainly does to me. I just wish I could have gave him his first Christmas and done my part in this world. I tried my best.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
My condolences, @Dino Tegu. It's always tragic when someone dies before even getting a chance to really live, even if it's not a human. I'm very much into cats myself, so I can imagine how it must have felt.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
My uncle Vic passed away last week and we went to his funeral yesterday. It was a lovely service for a lovely man.

It was nice hearing stories about him that I never knew and one in particular made me laugh. The funeral director told a story about him, saying how he always wanted to go fishing, but wasn't very good at it. His line would always get tangled on things. His biggest catch was an oak tree. :lol:

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
To my ex that committed suicide around the time of his best friends suicide anniversary...it's true, suicide doesn't solve anything, it just spreads and passes the pain onto anybody you've ever loved. Took many a therapy sessions and friends to convince me there was nothing I could've changed or done differently. Still leaves an empty hole in my heart when I go to the bar and don't see him bartending there anymore...or when I go to the town I last saw him, last text message he ever sent was, "Hope you took one last look at me because you'll never see me again" and I still have it saved onto my phone.

RIP Vince.

Sien

Everyone leaves sooner or later. I'm a little sorry that the line between the worlds is not so thin for communicating with those who have left. Sometimes I feel like to trust in the Divine and I am looking for different ways to get an answer from there. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes images of my loved ones come to me in my dreams. I believe that one day they will meet me on the threshold of the eternal.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Well, it saddens me to announce that we had to put down our cat of 18 years a few days ago. Grandfather Time sadly caught up with her and us and the vets did everything in our power to care for her, giving her water, keeping a close eye on her with daily checkups, etc. Unfortunately, no matter what we did, she wasn't holding up, and so we made the heart-wrenching choice to put her down. :cry:

I know we're luckier than most, having gave us 18 loving years from the time we got her (that's 88 human years!), but it still hurts. It hurts even more knowing we finally had to say goodbye to the cat that replaced our previous one that died prematurely from an untreatable blood clot. She was such a cute, loving cat with luscious blue eyes (a rarity for cats). Here's hoping she'll meet our pup in Pet Heaven who who we lost a year ago.

ESYJa8x.jpg

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
So sorry to hear, @KManX89

It’s never easy saying goodbye and it’s even more gut wrenching having to make that decision of putting your pet down.

What a precious photo of those two though.

Top Bottom