• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Tips!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I feel the need to make a tips thread for this game, I might make more for some of the other RE games, but 4 has the most hidden things in it, and the idea came to me when reading the "Things You Missed" thread. So, even if you've played the game a million times (I'm sure most of you have), maybe these tips will make it even easier or something. Feel free to add more or ask questions.

1. In the village at the beginning of the game, instead of wasting ammo and herbs, head into the house on your right (not the barn, past that) and once you're inside, shoot the door. Now, if you start swinging your knife through the hole, you can kill enemies easily and you can pick up what they drop from the other side of the door. You won't get to kill the two Dr. Salvadors and get the treasures, but they aren't really worth it to spend all your ammo and maybe some herbs because of them. You can also do this for a while in Separate Ways.

2. Go to the farm after the village, and once you kill all the people, farm chicken eggs. (Heh, see what I did there? Farm? No? Okay.) You can wait there a while and chickens will lay a bunch of eggs. If they don't, go back to the main village and come back.

3. In the underground before Chief Bitores Mendez's house, there's a pool of water if you jump down a latter. You can stab the fish and get them for health items, but they're large so I usually go for the eggs instead.

4. For all El Gigante fights, use the TMP. They're weak to it.

5. If you're good with the knife and want to farm ammo or money (maybe to upgrade your capacity to get free bullets) use a bullet to shoot the bell of the church and a group of enemies will come.

6. For the first half of the Mendez fight, go up top and hide behind the wall on the left side of the building. He shouldn't be able to hit you but there's a hole so you can shoot him.

7. In the room in the castle with the free rocket launcher in the glass, all you have to do is put the bridge out and throw a grenade to the guys that come out of the Merchant room door, go through the fadey door to the next room, then after you rescue Ashley you can come back and all the enemies will be gone, with you barely having to waste ammo.

8. In the part of the castle where you ride the mine cart, before you start it, equip your rifle and snipe all the people you see up top of the tracks, so you aren't surrounded in a tiny mine cart for as long.

9. For the Salazar boss fight, go off to your right side and you can easily take him out from there if you dodge or shoot the tentacle thing for a bit.

10. For the Krauser fight, generally the best weapons to use are the same ones he has- the knife and TMP.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Great advice and i don't understand why often people flame TMP and don't use it, it's a great tool.

In RE4, the TMP is good for certain situations (like the minecart sequence I use the TMP to shoot people's ankles and make them fall)

In RE5, TMPs are great to give to Sheva because machine guns in RE are crap.

mjk321

planning to re-play RE4 in PC. someone remind me about "oven man" so I will not get spooked by him.

also, any fun mod for it?

Reactions: Jen

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Random tips that I use when I play a New Game in RE4:

Don't upgrade your starting handgun. Shoot all the medallions for the Punisher with 1.1 Damage. Don't upgrade that gun either. Get the Red9 w/ stock. Then starting upgrading your handgun. Gotta save that money.

If you're a good shot, shoot enemies in the head to stun them. While they're stunned, give 'em a quick kick to knock them on their ass. While on the ground slash at them with a knife. If done correctly, you'll have killed that enemy with only one bullet. For the extra skilled, bait them to attack you. Get in close and slash them in the face with your knife after they're winding down from that attack to stun them. Gotta save that ammo.

In the castle, there's a random tall room with a locked door, no key and an open window. Ignore it when you first see it, but after you've rescued Ashley, go back to it. Give her a piggyback and she'll open it. Inside are a red herb, gold bars, a treasure and most useful of all, a magnum. Magnum = boss killer. Save all the ammo you can for that magnum. And only upgrade the capacity when the gun is empty to get even more ammo goodness.

Director Bison

King of Games
shooting enemies in the head isn't the only way to stun them
when you shoot them in the under the knees properly they can will fall on both knees at once this will make you do an alternate melee move

make sure you keep a stun grenade on you when your in the first El Gigante boss area
at one point there are a ton of crows if you shoot them they fly away
but if you throw a stun grenade you can kill all of them at once and get a bunch of cash

when you freeze and kick Verdugo wait until he stands up fully before you shoot at him
when he's getting up you do less damage to him

Shocker

Save all your dough once you get close to a million bucks sell weapons including the free rocket launcher. Buy Chicago typewriter. In my version you gotta beat separate ways first. Once you have that weapon the game is ridiculously easy.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
No one wrote about Striker glitch? :) After getting that shotgun, press aim button, and when Leon will lift the gun, press inventory button before laser could be shown. In inventory, change shotgun for any other weapon. Thanks to this, Leon will be 1,5x faster.

Top Bottom