• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 TIME CRISIS!!!

Hardware

After almost 20 years, I finally figured out what truly bugged me ever since the final build of RE4 was first unveiled and stayed with me all these years: the basic premise and a good chunk of the main story beats are lifted from the first (and unforgettable) "Time Crisis" by Namco! In both games you're a single special forces operative sent to a foreign country (Spain in RE4 \ fictional Sercia in TC) with only a handgun to save the daughter of a president (US President \ Sercia President) from a nobleman (Salazar \ Sherudo Garo) backed up by a sinister character (Saddler \ Wild Dog) who is the leader of the common enemies you fight and is also the final boss. TC is also set in a huge castle as it is a good chunk of RE4, but in this case I think it's more a coincidence since the latter was always going to be set in such a place even in the Stylish\DMC era. If you forget the fact Salazar actually works for Saddler while Wild Dog works for Garo as a mercenary (just like Krauser...), the two plots overlap almost perfectly. And I am pretty sure Mikami was well aware of the Namco game: he even titled another game of his "Dino Crisis" after all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom