• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Thoughts about the gameplay?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think the gameplay, even if more action based, will work very well with this game...I'm loving the concept of melee attacks, dodging, and sliding...

zeroskaterz92

I think the gameplay, even if more action based, will work very well with this game...I'm loving the concept of melee attacks, dodging, and sliding...
well, it doesn't matter if the game has more shooting tho. that depends on how the developers want to show us. i mean, even Dead Space was more to action-oriented but Visceral did pretty good by adding the "horror" element into it. so it's action + horror together.
well, RE6, for Leon's gameplay looks darker than the previous two - RE4 & RE5. with using the flash light to explore the place, it might give the "classic" feels towards the fan.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
well, it doesn't matter if the game has more shooting tho. that depends on how the developers want to show us. i mean, even Dead Space was more to action-oriented but Visceral did pretty good by adding the "horror" element into it. so it's action + horror together.
well, RE6, for Leon's gameplay looks darker than the previous two - RE4 & RE5. with using the flash light to explore the place, it might give the "classic" feels towards the fan.
Oh, I'm not saying more action is bad...I'm really looking foreward to the gameplay...And Dead Space was very action, but where the horror really came in is the enviornment, and RE4 had that down pretty well...RE5 missed the mark compltely, but gameplay wise, RE5 isn't bad at all...
Also, I again, agree that Leon's looks more horror oriented, as oposed to Chris' looking more action based...I was just simply stating that the game play looks like it will not be disapointing at all, despite others criticism of the more action styled gameplay...

zeroskaterz92

Oh, I'm not saying more action is bad...I'm really looking foreward to the gameplay...And Dead Space was very action, but where the horror really came in is the enviornment, and RE4 had that down pretty well...RE5 missed the mark compltely, but gameplay wise, RE5 isn't bad at all...
Also, I again, agree that Leon's looks more horror oriented, as oposed to Chris' looking more action based...I was just simply stating that the game play looks like it will not be disapointing at all, despite others criticism of the more action styled gameplay...
well, not all of it should stay horror. i mean, in terms of plot, this should be in "climax" or "conclusion", that's where it all action uprising. also, it isn't weird if a story from the prologue until epilogue it's stay slow and horror? it's like it has no pulse, it's static. i mean, "what if" from the moment Chris was introduced, until now he's still in awe, still afraid with all the enemies he encountered (zombies, Tyrant, etc.)
Resident Evil plot should look as a whole from the first RE game until RE6. unlike Silent Hill tho, each game has it's own plot that not really related to other games, except for Silent Hill Origins, 1 and 3.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
http://residentevilnews.com/community/attachments/re6_captivate_0011_bmp_jpgcopy-jpg.340/
I don't like the little NAV point in the left part of the screen.

http://residentevilnews.com/community/attachments/re6_captivate_0013_bmp_jpgcopy-jpg.342/
I actually really like the HUD, but damn, that NAV point above Leon's gun ruins it.

The reason I don't like it is because it seems like they want to dumb down the levels to make them more linear. Then again, Revelations marked a yellow dot on your map where you had to go, which I was fine with.
Still, I'd like to turn the NAV point off so I can rely on the map marks.

zeroskaterz92

http://residentevilnews.com/community/attachments/re6_captivate_0011_bmp_jpgcopy-jpg.340/
I don't like the little NAV point in the left part of the screen.

http://residentevilnews.com/community/attachments/re6_captivate_0013_bmp_jpgcopy-jpg.342/
I actually really like the HUD, but damn, that NAV point above Leon's gun ruins it.

The reason I don't like it is because it seems like they want to dumb down the levels to make them more linear. Then again, Revelations marked a yellow dot on your map where you had to go, which I was fine with.
Still, I'd like to turn the NAV point off so I can rely on the map marks.
The NAV point probably from ORC. well, RE6 does took some elements from both ORC and Revelations. i don't really mind about the NAV point, i'm hope it's only appear if you trigger a button or you can actually turn it off, and see the map.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
well, not all of it should stay horror. i mean, in terms of plot, this should be in "climax" or "conclusion", that's where it all action uprising. also, it isn't weird if a story from the prologue until epilogue it's stay slow and horror? it's like it has no pulse, it's static. i mean, "what if" from the moment Chris was introduced, until now he's still in awe, still afraid with all the enemies he encountered (zombies, Tyrant, etc.)
Resident Evil plot should look as a whole from the first RE game until RE6. unlike Silent Hill tho, each game has it's own plot that not really related to other games, except for Silent Hill Origins, 1 and 3.
Lol...I'm confused...It sounds like you're trying to explain something with me, yet I agree completely with everything you say...

sbr999

-Personally, I don't like the destination indicator (as a matter of fact I didn't like it RE4, but at least it was on the map only), especially if it will be on the screen all the time.
-I hope that we will have to find the maps of each area as well, instead of having a full, detailed map from the start.
-As for the horror elements, I'm sure that it will contain a lot of them.

Here's a gameplay analisys/first mission review/walkthrough (don't know how to call it) I found a week ago.(It's pretty detailed, and contains a few spoilers as well):
http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2012/4/10/captivate_2012_resident_evil_6/

Just something to share with you guys -Leon looks like leon!

Sorry to say, but that Johann guy looks more like a member of Amon Amarth, than Leon.
AmonAmarth_ThePursuitOfVikings.jpg

zeroskaterz92

-Personally, I don't like the destination indicator (as a matter of fact I didn't like it RE4, but at least it was on the map only), especially if it will be on the screen all the time.
-I hope that we will have to find the maps of each area as well, instead of having a full, detailed map from the start.
-As for the horror elements, I'm sure that it will contain a lot of them.

Here's a gameplay analisys/first mission review/walkthrough (don't know how to call it) I found a week ago.(It's pretty detailed, and contains a few spoilers as well):
http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2012/4/10/captivate_2012_resident_evil_6/

thanks for the info, as for me, instead of searching for maps, i like it if the map start off blurry, unless if you walk on the path then the maps get clear as you progress. so you can backtrack where you came from. also you will know which path you still haven't reach yet. i'm pretty sure this game, it will have a huge place, i hope it has no loading screen from one room to another unless if you walk out from the building.

sbr999

thanks for the info, as for me, instead of searching for maps, i like it if the map start off blurry, unless if you walk on the path then the maps get clear as you progress. so you can backtrack where you came from. also you will know which path you still haven't reach yet. i'm pretty sure this game, it will have a huge place, i hope it has no loading screen from one room to another unless if you walk out from the building.

Well, having to find tools to help you survive -in this case maps- makes the game more realistic, and helps to create the sense of being helpless. At least that's what I think.

Some part of the game, it do make sense to have the map of a certain area already(for example beginning of RE4, since Leon was sent on a mission to the village, it's normal that he has the map of it. But then he enters the castle, the island of which he never got info of. How did he obtain the map of them already. Sorry it's a RE4 example, but I hope you know what I mean).
But having the full map since the beginning of the game, takes away the experience of exploring.

The (hand-drawn) map system of Silent Hill was pretty good -in my opinion.

zeroskaterz92

Well, having to find tools to help you survive -in this case maps- makes the game more realistic, and helps to create the sense of being helpless. At least that's what I think.

Some part of the game, it do make sense to have the map of a certain area already(for example beginning of RE4, since Leon was sent on a mission to the village, it's normal that he has the map of it. But then he enters the castle, the island of which he never got info of. How did he obtain the map of them already. Sorry it's a RE4 example, but I hope you know what I mean).
But having the full map since the beginning of the game, takes away the experience of exploring.

The (hand-drawn) map system of Silent Hill was pretty good -in my opinion.
yeah, Silent Hill hand-drawn map indeed great. since the game itself have countless doors, so you know which door can be open or broken.
if RE6 do this NAV indicator, i hope it's not permanently there and it will fade away until you trigger the button again for it to appear.
or do it like Dead Space style, it has map, but it's better just rely on the indicator destination. so when you reach at a junction, the indicator stated on the left path, maybe there's something hidden collectibles or ammo or any item that useful on the opposite path. if you know what i mean.

Top Bottom