• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darkside Chronicles Thinking about getting this.

Salt Dog

Unfortunately I do not own a PS3 so I can't get the HD version but I do have a Wii. Would you guys say this is a worthy buy? I did a little digging and I heard this game is awesome with a zapper or nyko perfect shot. Also, should I buy/play Umbrella Chronicles before this? Or just stick to this one? Thanks.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I liked it. It's a great retelling of RE2 and RECVX, plus an original scenario with Leon and Krauser. There is a shaky cam effect that some players might dislike, but it is easy to get used to.

And while you don't need Umbrella Chronicles to enjoy Darkside Chronicles, it is a worthy buy as well, featuring retellings of RE0, REmake, and RE3, with an original scenario following Chris, Jill and Wesker in Russia, plus side scenarios telling how Wesker escaped the mansion, what happened to Rebecca in between leaving Billy and meeting Chris, and how Ada escaped from Raccoon City.

Salt Dog

Thanks a lot. I think it's safe to say I'm pretty much sold then. I'll pick them both up after I'm done with my current CVX HD run. I was going to skip Umbrella Chronicles but now that I know you get to see how Wesker escapes the mansion... I'm sold.

Salt Dog

So I was actually able to obtain a copy that came with the S.T.A.R.S Magnum and K-BAR nunchuck which I was pretty happy about, but the gun... kinda sucks. I find it much more comfortable and accurate to just use the wii remote which is kinda unfortunate (looks cool though). Aside from that I'm really liking the game so far and glad I got it.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
So I was actually able to obtain a copy that came with the S.T.A.R.S Magnum and K-BAR nunchuck which I was pretty happy about, but the gun... kinda sucks. I find it much more comfortable and accurate to just use the wii remote which is kinda unfortunate (looks cool though). Aside from that I'm really liking the game so far and glad I got it.
Is it safe to say you've played RE2, CVX and RE4?

It is ideal to have played those prior to playing DSC, to see it's dark interpretation of RE2 in Memories Of A Lost City, the events on Rockfort in CVX in Game Of Oblivion, and the story between Leon and Krauser prior to RE4.

DSC is an awesome game though. A huge improvement over it's predecessor Umbrella Chronicles. The dialogue between the characters is usually pretty entertaining too, so just in case you find rail-shooters intolerably boring, which I almost do, that'll keep it phresh.

Sfamicom

Game was pretty solid for a rail shooter. Also thought it was awesome seeing some familiar places again.

Top Bottom