• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake The quality of RE3 Remake?

Jamesy

Hi i am new too this forum

Do you think the quality of the resident evil 3 remake will be up too standard with the RE2 remake?

personally I am unsure?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hi Jamesy - I think the same quality will be there for sure. I know it is a different team, but what we have seen looks up to the same standards.

I am not sure about the Nemesis redesign, but I can say that I think change is a good thing. I just hope they have added enemies in comparison to the RE2 REmake. That game didn't have ANY new enemy designs (unless you count the change in the Ivy). The best thing about the original REmake was the added content and added enemy designs!

D

Deleted member 21244

Hi i am new too this forum

Do you think the quality of the resident evil 3 remake will be up too standard with the RE2 remake?

personally I am unsure?
I think it will be at the same standard as resident evil 2 remake, in term of graphic and gameplay since the two game look similar... I think it will have the same quality as the original games if you were going to confront them, resident evil 2 was better than 3 but 3 was still a good game... I

don't know why you think it shouldn't be, resident evil 3 remake has been developed at least for 3 years so I will be a good game...

Resident evil 2 had many flaws like the plot but I think that since resident evil 3 is a single campaign instead of two like re 2, they can focus on Jill alone and give a more consistent plot

Jamesy

Hi Jamesy - I think the same quality will be there for sure. I know it is a different team, but what we have seen looks up to the same standards.

I am not sure about the Nemesis redesign, but I can say that I think change is a good thing. I just hope they have added enemies in comparison to the RE2 REmake. That game didn't have ANY new enemy designs (unless you count the change in the Ivy). The best thing about the original REmake was the added content and added enemy designs!

for the RE3 remake I thought they were adding a campaign for Carlos unless I am mistaken?

D

Deleted member 21244

for the RE3 remake I thought they were adding a campaign for Carlos unless I am mistaken?
No I don't think so, he will be playable at some times like in the original resident evil 3

D

Deleted member 21244

off topic for a second but what do you think of the idea of capcom remaking the remake of Resident evil 1?
Resident evil 1 is already been remade, I don't think it's necessary to have another remake, the one in 2002 for GameCube is one of the best remake ever made in history

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Resident evil 1 is already been remade, I don't think it's necessary to have another remake, the one in 2002 for GameCube is one of the best remake ever made in history

A remake for a remake seems a little ridiculous to me, so I don't think it needs to be remade either.

As far as R3make quality goes, I'm pretty optimistic, especially since REmake2 pretty much blew my mind when it was released. I realize R3make was outsourced and so I will approach it with a cautious optimism at first, but the graphics are amazing and I really like the new character designs. I also enjoyed RE Resistance so at least I know I'll like that bit. :p

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I think the graphics look quite on par with the RE2 remake, however the character animations are a bit more stiff. They look like they've been manually animated in a computer by hand, and not by using motion capture.

The trailer for Project Resistance looked so much better in terms of graphics and animation, which is strange.

Jamesy

off topic for a second but what do you think of the idea of capcom remaking the remake of Resident evil 1?

true but there are many plot holes that could be further expanded in a third remake of re1

plus it would be a whole new experience exploring the Spencer Mansion in third person perspective wouldn't it?

Jonipoon

plus it would be a whole new experience exploring the Spencer Mansion in third person perspective wouldn't it?
There's a mod that allows you to play it in first person:

Couldn't find a third person mod though, which seems strange. If you can mod the game into first person, third person shouldn't be that difficult to mod either.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think that there is DEFINITELY room for a REmake remake someday. But they just did the REmake and RE0 Remaster, so it won't be for a long time now. I think the remakes should stop after Code Veronica and then MAYBE an RE0 remake would be cool.

I hope that Carlos gets an even bigger role in 3make. Seeing more events from his perspective would be awesome. I doubt they'll make an entire second campaign, but that would be the absolute BEST option.

Jamesy

There's a mod that allows you to play it in first person:

Couldn't find a third person mod though, which seems strange. If you can mod the game into first person, third person shouldn't be that difficult to mod either.

Even though we have project resistance as well it is slightly disappointing that RE3 will be half as long as the RE2 remake:confused:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think the REmake2 was...Good, sure, but...I actually was a little underwhelmed with it. And I'm worried the same will happen with R3make. But...I'll buy it myself to see so.

D

Deleted member 21244

Even though we have project resistance as well it is slightly disappointing that RE3 will be half as long as the RE2 remake:confused:
Who say that it will be Half as long as resident evil 2?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
true but there are many plot holes that could be further expanded in a third remake of re1

Out of curiosity what are the many plotholes?

Jonipoon

Who say that it will be Half as long as resident evil 2?
Absolutely noone.

In fact, based on the little information we got from the trailer, it seems as if the devs are actually expanding on the original game's storyline in order to extend its length for the remake. For instance, Carlos will be exploring the RPD according to his S.T.A.R.S. office comment, which could mean that there will be a playable segment with Carlos for this part before he meets up with Jill. Also, the fact that there are so many non-infected people running on the streets could indicate that the remake's story starts much earlier than September 28. Remember, at the start of the original game Jill was almost the only civilian left alive.

It would make sense too. Jill being locked up in her apartment for several days always felt unrealistic to me. If anything, Jill would bust a door and get the hell out of there, she wouldn't be sitting inside while people (including her friends) are getting eaten alive outside.

The campaign will undoubtedly be much longer. The question is how much bigger Carlos's role will be? In the original game the part where you play as Carlos is quite short, so it will be interesting to see how they expand on his story. Who knows, maybe he will even get his OWN separate campaign that will interconnect with Jill's?

This is just a theory, but I believe that the last part of the trailer when a voice says "Commitment, honesty, integrity. These are the core values that create the foundation for Umbrella Corp" is part of a cutscene at the very beginning where someone high up in Umbrella is talking directly to Carlos and the other UBCS soldiers.

Top Bottom