• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) The one thing I can't forgive this remake for omitting

RedfieldFan

The RE2 remake is awesome. However, there is one little thing missing.
I was extremely disappointed that the STARS group photo was missing from the STARS office. It might be a minor thing but I still wish it had been included.

It was a chance to find out how Chris, Jill and Barry would look in the current RE engine and whether or not they're keeping the Chris derim from RE7.

D

Deleted member 21244

I was extremely disappointed that the STARS group photo was missing from the STARS office. It might be a minor thing but I still wish it had been included.

It was a chance to find out how Chris, Jill and Barry would look in the current RE engine and whether or not they're keeping the Chris derim from RE7.
The stars photos is in the remake, you can find it behind wesker desk and also in the photo room near the save room

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21244

Yes but you can't examine it like you could in the original RE2
Because the gameplay is changed now even the visual, you can examine everything whit you own eyes, Infact you cannot longer push the action button to examine anythings, in the original you can examine the desk of the stars members, windows, library ecc... Since the graphics is so realistic now, there is no meaning in examining things, you can see them properly and understand what they are...
Also that stars photo in the remake its more like an Easter egg than an actual photo of the members, I seriously doubt that Chris wesker jill and Barry would look like that in RE engine, Capcom will probably choose new actor...

D

Deleted member 21244

I hear that!

The one thing I can't forgive is the lack of new experiences in the B Scenario. Still makes me angry even IF RE2 REmake is my personal GOTY!
Yeah that's the only unforgiven thing about this game along whit some plot change or missing plot from the original re 2, unless it would have been the perfect resident evil game

Artas1984

There were far more unforgiving things than that! Chris's letter to starts from Europe about the ''babes'' and salt on Barry made up the lack though.

RedfieldFan

There were far more unforgiving things than that! Chris's letter to starts from Europe about the ''babes'' and salt on Barry made up the lack though.
I liked Chris' letter. It's obviously a code meant for Jill and Barry. Claire even remarks that it doesn't sound like her brother. This could be elaborated on if they ever remake Code Veronica.

D

Deleted member 21244

I liked Chris' letter. It's obviously a code meant for Jill and Barry. Claire even remarks that it doesn't sound like her brother. This could be elaborated on if they ever remake Code Veronica.
Chris diary in the original resident evil 2 was far far better

black 93

I have only two flaws with this near perfect game. Number 1, the B scenarios were clearly never intended to be included, and it's sad that a game from 98 weaves two stories together better ( though still not perfectly) than one from 2019. Number 2, Chief Irons. I feel his character is just a generic Jack Torrance crazy man here, rather than the wolf in sheep clothing, soft spoken but insane, almost split personality he was in the original. That's all my complaints though. Great game.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Looking back at this thread it feels surreal that people couldn't forgive Capcom for omitting such a tiny detail as not being able to examine the STARS group photo, when we now have a remake of RE3 that has omitted pretty much 50% of the entire original game...

Contrasts!

RedfieldFan

Looking back at this thread it feels surreal that people couldn't forgive Capcom for omitting such a tiny detail as not being able to examine the STARS group photo, when we now have a remake of RE3 that has omitted pretty much 50% of the entire original game...

Contrasts!
He, you're right. I was just geeking out a little when I started this thread. RE3 had its ups and downs and while I miss the clock tower and the park, it's still a great game.

Ridley Lockhart

I have only two flaws with this near perfect game. Number 1, the B scenarios were clearly never intended to be included, and it's sad that a game from 98 weaves two stories together better ( though still not perfectly) than one from 2019. Number 2, Chief Irons. I feel his character is just a generic Jack Torrance crazy man here, rather than the wolf in sheep clothing, soft spoken but insane, almost split personality he was in the original. That's all my complaints though. Great game.
Hmmm...i liked him in RE2R. And i see what you mean, he was kind of just a psycho like The Shining or something. I mean he originally came off like the 'wolf in sheep's clothing' but that changed pretty quick. Not quite like the OG.

I don't even remember if turned into a G monster in RE2R.

Top Bottom