• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Morrígan

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I wanted to share with you about the Goddess Morrigan, I feel her presence and calling, I can sense and see her signs

She is one as Morrigan and many, a trinity as “The Morrigan or the “Morrigu”. She is a shape shifter known for being a Goddess of war and battle, the cycle of life and death, and is also associated with wisdom and prophecy, magick and the land, among other aspects.

The Morrígan is often described as trio of individual, all sisters, called "the three Morrígna". Membership of the triad varies, sometimes it is given as Badb, Macha and Nemain. While elsewhere it is given as Badb, Macha and Anand. It is believed that these were all names for the same goddess. The three Morrígna are also named as sisters of the three land goddesses Ériu, Banba and Fódla

The Morrígan is often considered as a triple goddess, but this triple nature is ambiguous and inconsistent. These triple appearances are partially due to the Celtic significance of threeness. Sometimes she appears as one of three sisters, the daughters of Ernmass Morrígan, Badb and Macha. Sometimes the trinity consists of Badb, Macha and Anand, known as the Morrígna. Occasionally Nemain or Fea appear in the various combinations. However, the Morrígan can also appear alone.
Her role was to not only be a symbol of imminent death, but to also influence the outcome of war. Most often she did this by appearing as a crow flying overhead and would either inspire fear or courage in the hearts of the warriors. In some cases, she is written to have appeared in visions to those who are destined to die in battle by washing their bloody armor. In this specific role, she is also given the role of foretelling imminent death with a particular emphasis on the individual. There are also a few rare accounts where she would join in the battle itself as a warrior and show her favouritism in a more direct manner.

I find her truly amazing and I've converted to Paganism and Wiccan beliefs, She has been my spiritual guide and idol ever since, I wanted to share story about her and who she is with you.
She is the goddess of war, sex (as in fertility of land) death, not death itself but more like a guide to deceased warrior souls.

Morrigan24.png

Top Bottom