• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 The Mercenaries: Retro Costumes

Leo33322

Whoever Ada Wong works for
I read that there will be a DLC including the old costumes in the mercenaries for Leon with his R.P.D outfit and Ada with her red dress. As well as other ones but these are two favored costumes of mine, will they be added and if so...soon? ^_^

Leo33322

they are thresident evil 6 Retro costumes you are talking about (costume set 3, it's already confirmed), but it would be nice if it where the Retro set minus the blocky aesthetics

here is a link showing them, as you scroll down you will find the RPD Leon and Ada's Red dress:

http://residentevilnews.com/community/threads/resident-evil-6-spoilers-mercenary-costumes.5067/

Oh god.. why would they even do that? Please make normal resident evil 6 graphics retro costumes ... miss Adas red dress ._.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Oh god.. why would they even do that? Please make normal resident evil 6 graphics retro costumes ... miss Adas red dress ._.

well I think they wanted to go with the more "authentic retro" feel here and thus used the graphics of the PS1.

I actually don't mind it much.

Nice little nostalgia if you ask me.

Leo33322

[="Sonnentreppe, post: 138217, member: 4966"]The block costumes are so ******* ugly... I really hope to see upgraded versions of old costumes.[/quote]

Ageed

Leo33322

Its nice they're creating new costumes but I don't get the point of the blocky ones... ~.~

Darkness

Infected
I get that it's a throwback to the style of the time when the costumes were actually seen, but seriously it's unnecessary. Having a low quality character in a high quality environment fighting high quality enemies is just going to be awkward as hell. That slight nagging in the back of my head that it doesn't fit is just going to damper the otherwise awesome experience of classic costumes.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
i don't get the point of giving other characters such as Jake and Piers who werent in Re2 the blocky ones. They should have called them flashback instead of retro and done them like in modern graphics i agree, a blocky character will put me off using them, even if they have the best load out graphics are a big importance for me nowadays

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
i don't get the point of giving other characters such as Jake and Piers who werent in Re2 the blocky ones.

I agree. While Block Helena looks somewhat like RE2 Claire in my opinion, they should have given Block Piers Chris's S.T.A.R.S. vest (unless Chris wears it himself in Block mode, I'm not sure) and Block Jake Wesker's RE1 outfit to perfect the overall look of this costume set.

MissDomino

Premium
I agree. While Block Helena looks somewhat like RE2 Claire in my opinion, they should have given Block Piers Chris's S.T.A.R.S. vest (unless Chris wears it himself in Block mode, I'm not sure)
I think Chris wears the RE1 outfit, but maybe the code veronica one ;)

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Like in Re4

I LOVED the fact of using an RPD shirt without it looking retarded

Hell Retros actually make it EASIER to hit you...despite being some funky awkward moving Idol of the Past

Leo33322

Yeah I agree like in re4... and by retro I mean look... not the real thing its just not right in good graphics

Top Bottom