• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

the mansions explosion..

The_Green_King

as we all know, the spencer mansion blew up at the end of RE. my question is how did no one hear/see it? if a large explosion were to happen any where near a town the size of RC someone would have had to notice lol. plus the ruble had to have burned for days, if not weeks, so someone had to at least see some smoke or something!! whats your guys opinions?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
To be quite honest, I don't think the residents of Raccoon City were very bright. I mean over half of them are on the payroll of a pharmaceutical company that controls the town, which, apparently, no one finds suspicious to begin with. People start disappearing and being eaten, which, once again, no one finds suspicious and then the most trusted and elite task force of the police department says there's some kind of outbreak going on in the mountains and - say it with me - no one finds any of this suspicious and instead discredits them, going about the menial tasks of their mundane lives until being turned into brain-dead, flesh-eating zombies and being blown up by the government.

Raccoon's citizens were either dumber than bricks or everyone was in on it. At this point, I'm so far from surprised that no one noticed a six/seven day fire or a big boom that it's not even funny because that seems to be what the residents of Raccoon were good at: ignoring the obvious.

The_Green_King

exactly!!! the mansion was in the middle of the woods which is a great place for a forest fire lol. even if the police were on umbrellas payroll, the government isnt just gonna sit around and let a fire in the middle of a mountain range burn.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think they may have said it was a forest fire. I think the mansion was far enough for the sound not to be heard in RC.
The MTF exploded one day before the mansion, so I think they could have said someone had been burning Umbrella's facilities. Maybe they said some terrorists blew them up or something.
I believe the government was somehow familiar with the situation, and they wouldn't risk the situation going public since they were involved with Umbrella.
Umbrella paid the Police to hide STARS's reports, and no one in the station believed them, since the most proeminent members of the police discredited them.
The citizens probably though it were conspiration theories or something like that. A family doesn't just move into another town just because some paranoids are saying they're in danger.
The outbreak in RC started too fast, people were being slowly infected for some months, so they all started to become zombies approximately at the same time. The streets were suddently filled with zombies and most people tried to barricate themselves at home. Soon after the outbreak started, the exits were blocked, so the survivors couldn't easily escape.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
The outbreak in RC started too fast, people were being slowly infected for some months, so they all started to become zombies approximately at the same time.
I'm sorry but too fast and slowly for months should never be in the same sentence.

No, I wouldn't move because some paranoids say I'm in danger but would I move because people are being eaten and disappearing on a regular basis? Yes. And if everyone became zombies at approximately the same time, there wouldn't have been any survivors by the time of Nemesis and the remaining STARS members wouldn't have made it out.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I'm sorry but too fast and slowly for months should never be in the same sentence.

No, I wouldn't move because some paranoids say I'm in danger but would I move because people are being eaten and disappearing on a regular basis? Yes. And if everyone became zombies at approximately the same time, there wouldn't have been any survivors by the time of Nemesis and the remaining STARS members wouldn't have made it out.

What I meant is that they have been being infected for a long time by taking small ammounts of virus. However, people started to feel the symptoms around the same time, making a quick turn of events. Everything seemed normal and then everyone turned into zombies. I hope you understand what i mean.
I this was the case, people wouldn't have noticed anything strange before the outbreak. There were only some isolated cases, but nothing seemed worrying.

The only STARS member to escape the city during the outbreak that we know of was Jill (maybe Rebecca, but we don't eve know if she was there). STARS survived longer than other people because they were aware of the situation, so they changed some risky habits (like drinking tap water, for example), and they were highly trained.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I hope you understand what i mean.
I this was the case, people wouldn't have noticed anything strange before the outbreak. There were only some isolated cases, but nothing seemed worrying.
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean because, for me, people eating each other is pretty worrying. I also think you're a bit mixed, the rats and the spill in the sewer from the Birkin incident, which happened two months after the events of the first Resident Evil, were reportedly what infected the entire town, not the events of the Arklay Mansion incident. The Birkin incident, given game references, Birkin's transformation/mutation progressions throughout Resident Evil 2 and the time of HUNK's scenario, happened just before everyone became infected in Resident Evil 2 and Jill's last escape, not really leaving time for everyone to be infected over a longer period of time by small bits of the virus.

The_Green_King

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean because, for me, people eating each other is pretty worrying. I also think you're a bit mixed, the rats and the spill in the sewer from the Birkin incident, which happened two months after the events of the first Resident Evil, were reportedly what infected the entire town, not the events of the Arklay Mansion incident. The Birkin incident, given game references, Birkin's transformation/mutation progressions throughout Resident Evil 2 and the time of HUNK's scenario, happened just before everyone became infected in Resident Evil 2 and Jill's last escape, not really leaving time for everyone to be infected over a longer period of time by small bits of the virus.
youre right, they should have been alarmed by the reports of cannibals in the mountains before the incident. thats just weird in itself. and the reason everyone "changed" at the same time is because the viruse spread through bites and the zombies ate flesh. sure some of them had to change without being bit, but i think most cases of infection were from bites/scratches received while trying to escape the city. its obvious the streets were full of chaos and just a few zombies in a large crowd is gonna be bad.

bruno

Chief Researcher

Yeah, that's what they say in RE2. But in later games and files they explain that the main cause of infection was the contamination in the water supply, which happened at about the same time as the Arklay incidents.

sbr999

I know that the novel is not really canon, but it had a very good story regarding the mansion incident.
Resident Evil: Caliban Cove said:
Raccoon Times, July 24, 1998
According to Amanda Whitney,
spokesperson for the Umbrella Corporation, parts of the
estate were still being used to store a number of industrial
cleaning agents and solvents used by Umbrella. Whitney said
in a statement yesterday that the company would take full
responsibility for the unfortunate incident, calling it
"A serious oversight on our part. Those chemicals should have
been cleared out of the Spencer house a long time ago, and
we're just thankful that no one was hurt."
At this point, the cause of the fire is undetermined, but
Whitney went on to say that Umbrella will be bringing in
their own investigators to sift through the ruins in hopes of
determining the fire's point of origin

City council member Edward Weist delivered the statement:
"After [the S.T.A.R.S.'s] mishandling of the Raccoon
Forest search," said Weist, "we've decided to let the RPD see
this investigation through to its conclusion. We have reason
to believe that the S.T.A.R.S. may have been ingesting drugs
and/or alcohol prior to their search, and have suspended the
use of their services indefinitely"

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know that the novel is not really canon, but it had a very good story regarding the mansion incident.
Does reading that just kind of **** you off lol...I mean at Umbrella and Weist...Cause it literally made me upset to read lol...

Top Bottom