• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) The G-Virus attempt to restore Birkin's original head

PaulDB

In the original, something very strange happens. During the fight with Birkin's second form, when he sustains enough damage, his human head rises up and tries to return to its original position.

This wasn't featured in the Remake, but the position of the head when G2 drops down into the lab suggests it's trying to return to normal, but not in such an obvious way.

Why is the G-Virus trying to reverse the mutation after it grows a new head?

D

Deleted member 21244

In the original, something very strange happens. During the fight with Birkin's second form, when he sustains enough damage, his human head rises up and tries to return to its original position.

This wasn't featured in the Remake, but the position of the head when G2 drops down into the lab suggests it's trying to return to normal, but not in such an obvious way.

Why is the G-Virus trying to reverse the mutation after it grows a new head?
I don't remember this, but probably after you defeat birkin, the g inside him was weakened and maybe birkin was trying to regain control of it for that brief moment
Just assumption of course

PaulDB

I don't remember this, but probably after you defeat birkin, the g inside him was weakened and maybe birkin was trying to regain control of it for that brief moment
Just assumption of course
You could be right. I'm thinking it could also be that Birkin's second head was a result of the G-Virus canisters he ate and that the pre-existing strain he'd injected himself was trying to restore his original head to combat the invasive new mutation.

Top Bottom