• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village That Gunplay again...

RzR

The gunplay has been neglected for a long time in the franchise, when "Not a hero" finally added some fresh improvements like Aiming down sights they decided to take that away and introduce us to these horrible immersion breaking crosshairs again, the guns themselves look and feel underpowered and lack any sense of recoil. they can at least give us the option to use iron sights, a bit harder to aim and also add more to the immersion. Very odd choice for this new title...

Last edited:

Hardware

I reckon they just went for the most popular aiming system, which is crosshairs. You can deactivate them though. According to the reviews, the guns are actually well made and there's a nice arsenal you can acquire, which becomes even more varied thanks to the upgrades you buy from Duke. The handgun you start the game with is pretty puny, but there's at least another semiautomatic handgun you can get (a Colt M1911) and a pair of revolvers, including a huge magnum modeled after the Magnum Research BFR (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnum_Research_BFR), one of the most powerful pistols on the planet.

Bilskirne

I reckon they just went for the most popular aiming system, which is crosshairs. You can deactivate them though. According to the reviews, the guns are actually well made and there's a nice arsenal you can acquire, which becomes even more varied thanks to the upgrades you buy from Duke. The handgun you start the game with is pretty puny, but there's at least another semiautomatic handgun you can get (a Colt M1911) and a pair of revolvers, including a huge magnum modeled after the Magnum Research BFR (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnum_Research_BFR), one of the most powerful pistols on the planet.
Really...do they all sound like bubblewrap? When I heard the sound of the first pistol I quit the game. Also Ethans dialogue in the first fight....holy moly that is killing the mood.

Top Bottom