• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

'Sup

NintenStar

You people probably don' know me, because this is the (third?) forum I joined that's not related to Legend of Zelda. Damn, keyboard won't type anything right:mad:. Anyway, I've been an RE fan since around Easter. I've played re4 and it's pretty good. Hopefully I can get enough money and be able to buy it by Christmas.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Welcome to the forum! :) It's a long time until Christmas so I hope you'll be able to buy it long before that. RE4 is awesome. People recommend playing it on one of the consoles, but the PC version works too although it's not as good.

NintenStar

I would get the Gamecube version, since I could get a used one at Gamestop for 30$, but I heard that it doesn't have Seperate Ways on it. But does the Wii require a memory card or something like that to save on it?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
The Wii have 512 MB internal flash memory, so I guess you don't need memory cards. Anyway, you can use SD memory cards to upload stuff to it, so I assume you can store game files on a SD card as well.

Many regard the Wii version of RE4 to be the best version, it has all the content and a bit better graphics than PS2. But I have heard that the Wii control system makes the game easier, I want the game as hard as possible so I'm happy with my PS2 version. I also don't like the big ugly circle that indicate where you aim with the Wii control. I've seen it on Youtube, and I prefer the red laser dot which I got.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Welcome to REN!

I'm not sure about the Gamecube or Wii version, but I have the PS2 version..which has Seperate Ways included.

NintenStar

An SD card as in the memory card that you put in a camera? Is it possible to play on the Wii version with a Gamecube controller? Thanks.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
An SD card as in the memory card that you put in a camera? Is it possible to play on the Wii version with a Gamecube controller? Thanks.
I think there's only one type of memory card called SD cards, so I think the answer is yes it's the same type you put in a camera.

Yes the GC controller can be used on Wii. If you play GC software on Wii, you have to use a GC controller. There's also a "Classic Controller" made for Wii.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_Controller

NintenStar

I live in the US, and I heard the Classic controller was discontinued because of some lawsuits. But i meant the Wii version of the game with a GC controller. Not GC version playable on the Wii.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Yes you can play the Wii version on the Wii with a GC controller (according to Wikipedia).

The Classic Controller was not on the American market due to legal issue for some time. The case was about patent infringement on "six degrees of freedom", who knows WTF that is. But the court ruled in favor of Nintendo last year. The controller should be available in America now, but maybe you would not want that controller anyway when you can use a GC controller.

Top Bottom