• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Story questions for Lore Experts (niche stuff)

rutgurt

Ok, bear with me. There is some very niche stuff in here. And don't take any of it the wrong way. I love the RE universe and hope there may be an explanation that can better fill in some of the negatives I have regarding the last questions.
  1. What happened to all of Tricell’s samples after their collapse?

2. What happened to “The Organization” Ada worked for, who were they and what’s the status of the Dominant Plagas virus she gave them and G-Virus, and any other potential samples that fell into their hands? If i recall, the monsters in Resident Evil 5 were created by Tricell’s Plagas sample which was obtained from Albert Wesker, and not "The Organization's" sample obtained from Ada.

3. Given Wesker’s slight role in the creation of The Mold (RE 7), is there any evidence of it having a connection to Umbrella’s research or the Progenitor Virus itself?

4. What exactly is the Prototype Virus in Albert Wesker that was used in Project W? Because it seems like the same as the perfected Uroboros virus made later on in Resident Evil 5.

For example, if the Prototype Virus succeeded in creating 1 super human among the 13 Weskers it was tested upon (killing 11 and Alex being a partial success), then what makes it different from the Uroboros Virus later on, and why were Jill Valentines t-virus antibodies necessary? I mean the purpose of the Uroboros virus was to kill most humans and leave a small percentile of super humans remaining to carry on human civilization and advance the species.

It seems like the Prototype Virus already got the job done and was created much earlier on, and was everything Umbrella wanted from a Bio-Weapon virus. Why so much effort into trying to make Nemesis Parasites and Tyrants with little success rates, when this Prototype Virus was way more badass anyway, and readily available around the same time?

5. Was there ever any evidence of Plagas parasites being used with strains from the Progenitor lineague?

6. What exactly was the Nemesis Alpha parasite created by Umbrella’s european division? As far as i can tell it was never explained, and id be curious to know if it has any links to the Progenitor virus. All the lore states, as far as I can find, was that it was a parasite engineered by Umbrella Europe. I can't find anything about its origins or what it is exactly. It's like it was created out of thin air for RE 3.

7. Theory: is there room for Capcom to build a link between Las Plagas and Nemesis Alpha parasite, which would essentially connect Resident Evil 4 to the main Resident Evil games (0-3/Veronica)? They never really explain much about Osmund Saddler's origins in RE 4. Seems like an opportunity to link RE 4 to the game's universe more closely.

8. A-Virus - anymore information or is this just some random crap in a CGI film? The lore available doesn't really give it much definition or context.

COMPLAINT QUESTIONS
  1. Anyone kind of think Frederic Downing was a half-ass way of creating a character to explain how other entities such as WilPharma in India got their hands on samples such as the T-Virus? I mean didn’t other entities such as Tricell already have samples? Seems like this could have been done better. Seems like Frederic Downing was a character made up out of thin air who supposedly existed in Umbrella's raccoon city underground lab, but was not in the games at all.

2. Even more halfass: Tricell obtaining the G-Virus sample from WilPharma from a body at their abandoned dome laboratory, which in turn WilPharma obtained the G-Virus from this supposed Frederic Downing character that was made out of thin air. So I am supposed to believe Wesker got all these viral samples while working for Tricell, but the G-Virus wasn’t one of them? WilPharma is a pretty irrelevant entity in the grand scheme of things.

3. Even more half-ass: The Family/Neo Umbrella got their hands on a T-Veronica virus from the body of Hidalgo, a South American militia leader and warlord who obtained it from Umbrella in the 1990’s, including regular T-Virus samples? And is a character that only exists in one of the CGI films, but is responsible for the creation of Resident Evil 6's C-Virus (fusion of G-Virus and T-Veronica virus)? It just seems like a very weak link for explaining how The Family/Neo Umbrella created the game's main virus.

There seriously wasn’t a better way to explain how The Family/Neo Umbrella got the T-Veronica sample? I mean didn’t Albert Wesker get a sample of the T-Veronica virus too? THere's no better way to explain how it fell into The Family/Neo Umbrella's hands, perhaps after Tricell collapsed? For a game that tightly controls the lore of how viral samples are passed from one party to another, the nonchalant manner of Hidalgo gaining T-Virus and T-Veronica samples from Umbrella in the 1990’s just seems out of place. Anyone agree? Is there more to this?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Ok, bear with me. There is some very niche stuff in here. And don't take any of it the wrong way. I love the RE universe and hope there may be an explanation that can better fill in some of the negatives I have regarding the last questions.
  1. What happened to all of Tricell’s samples after their collapse?

2. What happened to “The Organization” Ada worked for, who were they and what’s the status of the Dominant Plagas virus she gave them and G-Virus, and any other potential samples that fell into their hands? If i recall, the monsters in Resident Evil 5 were created by Tricell’s Plagas sample which was obtained from Albert Wesker, and not "The Organization's" sample obtained from Ada.

3. Given Wesker’s slight role in the creation of The Mold (RE 7), is there any evidence of it having a connection to Umbrella’s research or the Progenitor Virus itself?

4. What exactly is the Prototype Virus in Albert Wesker that was used in Project W? Because it seems like the same as the perfected Uroboros virus made later on in Resident Evil 5.

For example, if the Prototype Virus succeeded in creating 1 super human among the 13 Weskers it was tested upon (killing 11 and Alex being a partial success), then what makes it different from the Uroboros Virus later on, and why were Jill Valentines t-virus antibodies necessary? I mean the purpose of the Uroboros virus was to kill most humans and leave a small percentile of super humans remaining to carry on human civilization and advance the species.

It seems like the Prototype Virus already got the job done and was created much earlier on, and was everything Umbrella wanted from a Bio-Weapon virus. Why so much effort into trying to make Nemesis Parasites and Tyrants with little success rates, when this Prototype Virus was way more badass anyway, and readily available around the same time?

5. Was there ever any evidence of Plagas parasites being used with strains from the Progenitor lineague?

6. What exactly was the Nemesis Alpha parasite created by Umbrella’s european division? As far as i can tell it was never explained, and id be curious to know if it has any links to the Progenitor virus. All the lore states, as far as I can find, was that it was a parasite engineered by Umbrella Europe. I can't find anything about its origins or what it is exactly. It's like it was created out of thin air for RE 3.

7. Theory: is there room for Capcom to build a link between Las Plagas and Nemesis Alpha parasite, which would essentially connect Resident Evil 4 to the main Resident Evil games (0-3/Veronica)? They never really explain much about Osmund Saddler's origins in RE 4. Seems like an opportunity to link RE 4 to the game's universe more closely.

8. A-Virus - anymore information or is this just some random crap in a CGI film? The lore available doesn't really give it much definition or context.

COMPLAINT QUESTIONS
  1. Anyone kind of think Frederic Downing was a half-ass way of creating a character to explain how other entities such as WilPharma in India got their hands on samples such as the T-Virus? I mean didn’t other entities such as Tricell already have samples? Seems like this could have been done better. Seems like Frederic Downing was a character made up out of thin air who supposedly existed in Umbrella's raccoon city underground lab, but was not in the games at all.

2. Even more halfass: Tricell obtaining the G-Virus sample from WilPharma from a body at their abandoned dome laboratory, which in turn WilPharma obtained the G-Virus from this supposed Frederic Downing character that was made out of thin air. So I am supposed to believe Wesker got all these viral samples while working for Tricell, but the G-Virus wasn’t one of them? WilPharma is a pretty irrelevant entity in the grand scheme of things.

3. Even more half-ass: The Family/Neo Umbrella got their hands on a T-Veronica virus from the body of Hidalgo, a South American militia leader and warlord who obtained it from Umbrella in the 1990’s, including regular T-Virus samples? And is a character that only exists in one of the CGI films, but is responsible for the creation of Resident Evil 6's C-Virus (fusion of G-Virus and T-Veronica virus)? It just seems like a very weak link for explaining how The Family/Neo Umbrella created the game's main virus.

There seriously wasn’t a better way to explain how The Family/Neo Umbrella got the T-Veronica sample? I mean didn’t Albert Wesker get a sample of the T-Veronica virus too? THere's no better way to explain how it fell into The Family/Neo Umbrella's hands, perhaps after Tricell collapsed? For a game that tightly controls the lore of how viral samples are passed from one party to another, the nonchalant manner of Hidalgo gaining T-Virus and T-Veronica samples from Umbrella in the 1990’s just seems out of place. Anyone agree? Is there more to this?
1: tricell was probably taken down for good by bsaa and government authority, claire herself in revelations 2 say that tricell is gone forever... In umbrella corps there are some mission in Wich you play into tricell hq, and you must retrieve sample for the new umbrella Corp... so probably some sample remained intact in some tricell facility... But don t take umbrella corps too seriously

2: the organization was a pharmaceutical company rival to umbrella... They re goal was to retrieve virus and biological data from around the world and sell them on the black market for money, that's why they taken the dominant plaga in re 4... Some time after resident evil 4 wesker manage to completely take control of the organization and with wesker death in 2009 the organization was dismantle for good...

3: wesker didn't work on the progenitor virus but used it on Lisa Trevor to test t virus and later birkin used it to create the g virus

4: the virus used by wesker was a prototype virus based on the progenitor virus, and Infact had similar purpose to uroboros but uroboros virus can be used on match larger scale and its less Fatal to human while the prototype virus was very Fatal... Jill s antibody where necessary to render the virus less fatal for human, wesker didn't want to kill the whole human race but wanted to create a new human race whit few choosen people, so he create a virus thank to Jill antibody that killed almost all human but not all of them, so that he could be the God of the rest of the human alive... So Jill antibody rendered the virus less letal

The prototype virus wasn't the virus umbrella wanted since if you would have injected the virus into the whole population probably only 10 people would have survived because of they're DNA ... Umbrella goal was also to create and sell powerful bow like tyrants, that's why they cread bow and tyrants, but Spencer true goal was to create a virus that would have rendered him immortal and than create a new human race whit him being the God, a dream that wesker later took for himself, but the prototype virus was a failure because it killed all the wesker children except two, Alex and Albert, and only one of them revived whit superhuman strength, Albert...

5: if I remember correctly the second and third type of plagas were created whit a bit of progenitor virus, also the re 5 licker were injected whit progenitor virus

6: the Na parasite was ginetically engineered by umbrella for the purpose of creating a parasite that can control a bow.... I don't think progenitor virus of other virus were used to create the parasite

7: they never stated the plagas was used for the ne parasite, but since the Nemesis parasite was created by umbrella Europe and the plagas Is located in Europe they could easy link the two things... But wesker say in the wesker report that the organization wanted to obtain nemesis sample and if they really manage to obtain it by some if they re agents than there would have been no use for them to take thee plagas in re 4 if the Nemesis parasite was created whit plagas

8: resident evil vendetta was a bad cgi movie i watched it only one time and I di completely forget about the a virus, so I take you to the Wikipedia page that will probably clarify some of you question
https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/A-Virus

Answer to Complain question

1: this character didn't even exist in the original game so he was created for the cgi movie...

2: will pharm g virus was probably a bit modified that s why tricell was taking it or probably they didn't want other company to have it and so they take every living sample

3: I don't remember the whole family story about how they obtai sample and virus and I didn't really care since re 6 story was ****, but I know that wesker take the t veronica virus from Steve s body in code veronica and later selled it to hidalgo in 2002 after the usage of the t virus that hidalgo acquired form an umbrella employeer was a failure...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom