• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Story importance of Code Veronica

Arkjoww

Shubadawoo!
So my boyfriend and I were having a conversation about Code Veronica a while back, and he is absolutely convinced that Code Veronica is not relevant to the overall story of the series, and thus considers it a spin-off.

After trying to convince him otherwise for quite some time, I am at wits end and perhaps I have just missed more important facts within the game to prove is relevance. For me, the games, for the most part, have a somewhat self contained story. You don't have to play the others to get the whole idea of whats going on, but it certainly helps. That being said, my biggest pointer to him was that without Code Veronica, we would have zero backstory as to why Wesker returned in (with an albeit more background role) Resident Evil 4, and I suppose I could also say 5.

So is that really the biggest reason? I haven't played the game in probably five plus years, so I suppose I am a bit fuzzy on the finer details. What might I also be able to mention to change his mind?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
It totally is important. It's where Wesker comes back from the dead for the first time, you have to play it (and 1) to fully understand 5 (and a bit of 4) and it's important to Claire's story as well. You would have no closure to Claire's story in RE 2 if you didn't play CV.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
CODE Veronica would have been Resident Evil 3 if Capcom wasn't contractually obligated to produce one more PS1 Resident Evil game and CVX did far more to progress the story than RE3 which was just bookends to RE2, so... yeah.

It's very much canon.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Important plot points to consider:

This marked Weskers return

Wesker obtained the T Veronica sample from Steves body (which in turned set the plot for darkside chronicals)

The C virus was made from an enhanced strain Carla made from the Tveronica Virus

This game concluded Claires quest to find her brother.

Top Bottom