• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

stop updating resident evil leave the origionals origional not updates on ps3

curtis white

They should stop updating all the resident evils and keep them original instead of all these new updated versions they arebriging out which is ruining the classics

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm all for them bringing the classics onto the PS3. If they hadn't done that, I wouldn't be able to play RE1, RE2, RE3, RE:CVX or (soon to be, apparently?) Outbreak or Outbreak File 2 anymore. I think for the amount I paid for my PS3, I shouldn't have to worry about pulling out one of the previous two PS consoles just to play a game or two. Besides, it's not like they completely changed the games. They just updated the graphics a little. Big deal. They made it easier to play games that I enjoyed playing when I was younger and updated graphics. I really don't see a downside here. If you prefer the originals, than by all means stick to the originals, but I know far more people who are excited to see them come to PSN than those who hate the idea.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
I'm all for them bringing the classics onto the PS3. If they hadn't done that, I wouldn't be able to play RE1, RE2, RE3, RE:CVX or (soon to be, apparently?) Outbreak or Outbreak File 2 anymore. I think for the amount I paid for my PS3, I shouldn't have to worry about pulling out one of the previous two PS consoles just to play a game or two. Besides, it's not like they completely changed the games. They just updated the graphics a little. Big deal. They made it easier to play games that I enjoyed playing when I was younger and updated graphics. I really don't see a downside here. If you prefer the originals, than by all means stick to the originals, but I know far more people who are excited to see them come to PSN than those who hate the idea.
exactly, kinda like they updated the graphics on ultimate alliance when they ported it to ps3, am i ****ed? no i thought it was a great idea. just the same with re.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Why are you against it? It's not like they're changing anything majorly, just updating the graphics and adding trophy support. That's not a bad thing, it's a good thing!

Plus, the HD port bring to PS3 the two games from the main series that were previously only available on the PS2 to Sony users (remember that the PS3 doesn't support PS2 discs). It encourages people to play them again!

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I too am curious on how it's ruining the originals... Updated graphics literally changes NOTHING to the actual gameplay itself... o_O

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Now, if they were giving them the REmake treatment, then I'd agree...But because i think if they are gonna make a REmake 2 and 3 it should be a disc thing...but if their just doing little updates to games to make them more convienant then by all means DO IT...For example, people buy iPods to have their music convienantly with them at all times...but by God when i'm driving you can garuntee i've got Bowling for Soup's Sorry for Partyin' ALBUM in instead of the iPod...If i have a PS1 then I'm for sure playin RE3 on it, but if i have no PS1 and am a die hard RE fan then by God I'm playin it on the PS3 since there is no REAL difference...

Top Bottom