• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Steam pre-order bonuses revealed

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Since I'm probably the only PC player far and wide, I'm probably also the only one interested in this, but then again, the pre-order bonuses for the console versions might be the same eventually, so I'll post it here anyway:

Brelston from Capcom said:
PC players have been able to pre-purchase Revelations 2 for a little while now, and today we can confirm our bonus items for both the Complete Season and the disc-equivalent $39.99 set.

• Pre-order Resident Evil Revelations 2 (full game) and receive the Soundtrack Selection and Mini-Artbook free
  • Pre-order the Resident Evil Revelations 2 Complete Season and receive the Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack free
Complete Season ($24.99)

Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Bonus Episode 1, Bonus Episode 2, Raid Mode Character - HUNK. Pre-purchase bonus: Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack

Revelations 2 full game ($39.99)

Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Bonus Episode 1, Bonus Episode 2, Raid Mode Character – HUNK, Raid Mode Character – Wesker, Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack, Character Costume Pack. Pre-purchase bonus: Soundtrack Selection and Mini-Artbook

Source

If the only additional content you get for purchasing the full game is Wesker as a Rape Mode character and a costume pack, I now wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to buy the complete season and acquire Wesker and the costumes separately. Yeah, the full version also has a soundtrack selection, but that is inevitably going to appear on YouTube sooner or later (apart from that soundtrack selections often come with the disadvantage that the better tracks are not included anyway), and I don't care much about artbooks. There's still a 15$/€ difference after all.

Thoughts?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I dont understand why they do separate bonuses for separate platforms. Just bloody standardise it. Its alot less confusing and no one will feel like theyre missing out.
I prefer the preorder i did for ps4 (waiting for the disc version)
Although i cant say i was happy about it.
No doubt the game will be spoiled long before i get to play it. Im considering staying away from these forums for a while when the first episode is released

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yeah, so will I... What are the pre-order bonuses for the PS4?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
All maps and characters and side stories in one. Except no artbook or audio cd.
Im not bothered about the cd but i would have really liked an artbook

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
That sounds almost exactly like what comes with the Steam pre-order of the full version, minus the outfit pack and the special contents (soundtrack and artbook). But only almost, so I agree, it should be the same for all platforms. If they can't do it like it was done before (you know, the good old times when everything the game had to offer was actually in the game and you didn't have to buy anything other than the game itself), they should at least not make it any more complicated than it already is.

In this case, I hope that outfit pack will be available to be purchased separately, though, even if I don't pre-order the full version. I love outfits!

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I've been seriously thinking about getting this for PC, but seeing as I've already bought a few copies... I just can't justify it! xD

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
If my laptop can handle it i might considor getting it for both at some stage.
I want the outfits as preorder but i will only purchase more if they offer more benefits rather than just looking aesthetically pleasing

Top Bottom