• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 *SPOILERS* The Piers thread

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
*SPOILERS*
This thread will discuss the ending of Chris's campaign in RE6. If you haven't played the game yet, read at your own risk.

As seen in this thread (among others), Piers's fate at the end of / after RE6 has been discussed in various threads now. I asked if it was a good idea to finally dedicate an own thread to Piers, and at least one person agreed, so here it is. Whether you think that Piers is dead or alive, whether you think he will be brought back as a good character or a villain, whether you think he's sexy or not; feel free to discuss anything related to that topic.

As a reminder, here's the ending in HD, including the post-credits scene:

And here's what Brett Elston (Capcom's community manager) thinks about it:
Click here and scroll down.

Have fun! :D

PS: I will not write anything in white letters in this thread because I think the title and the warning on top make it clear that there's spoilers.

BranBran

I think it's bs that he had to "die!" I really thought he would become the new Chris. He's so sexy! :cool:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You're not the only one. I remember back then when Piers was announced as Chris's partner, people started comparing him to Chris when he was younger, and I really thought Capcom had included all those similarities on purpose, but now I'm not sure anymore... Anyway, it would be so great if Chris's S.T.A.R.S. vest from RE1 / REmake was an unlockable outfit for Piers! :D Who knows, maybe in a future DLC...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I know it sounds uber cheesy but I don't think I've ever been brought close to tears from a video game before - but man, Piers' ending nearly tore me up. I do think he's dead - or at least, I hope that Capcom doesn't cope out and bring him back like they've done to some others because it'll totally cheapen the ending of RE 6.

Best new character for the series in a very long time. And easy on the eyes too.

yautjared

In a very very remote minimum possibility, might could be possible that Piers did not die, I mean ..... nobody really saw him dead, his ultimate act was releasing that last shockwave bolt in the final boss, and saving Chris, but, if Capcom wants, they can come with some crazy explanation, as Piers, found a way to get the hell outta there , using his new powers and habilities as B.O.W, and with time, he learn to control his monster body ..... and so, he meet Chris again, and both try to search for a cure for Piers .....

It's a way crazy plot for a future game, but, who knows ? ..... hehe :D

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
He wouldn't even be the first one.
Wesker died and came back. Ada died and came back. Jill died and came back. Steve died, but Wesker made allusions about bringing him back, and for now Piers seems to be on the same list as Steve.
I just finished a fanfic retelling the events of RE6 from Piers's point of view and in my story it's Ada of all people who saves him. If our Capcom friends ever decided to bring him back, wouldn't it be great if they had the same idea? Imagine that wonderful twist: The person Chris believes to be Ada kills his whole team twice, and then the real Ada ends up saving one of his men. If that was the case, I wouldn't even care if there was a logical explanation or not. :D

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I think Piers is very attractive, and when he got his arm crushed off and was crawling for the syringe, I was like, "Nooo! I'll still love you--one arm or not!" :( But, he did it for his "Captain," and he went out very honorably. Personally, I hope he stays dead because of that. I don't want his honor tampered with. Also, I like Piers waaay more than Chris in RE6. I just kept thinking about how Chris Redfield has become such a little p**** b****.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
first time i cried for a video game character in a long time
last time i cried for a video game character was the boss from mgs3
he died a hero and i would of thought the ending should of been his funeral and then him walking off to a distant helicopter to go continue his fight for bioterrorism

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's funny how so many of you really replied to the question regarding his looks. :D That question was actually just my joke response to another thread where someone ended his Piers-related post with "... and he is sexy!" or something like that. But this is no criticism, go on discussing his sex appeal! :cool: (By the way, said sex appeal is hardly surprising, considering that his face was modelled after this real-life model.)

Speaking of sex appeal, don't you think his BOW form should have been prettier? I didn't like that J'avo thing the C-Virus turned him into. Instead, he should have turned into a handsome angel with incredible strength and speed, shiny golden eyes that turn black when he's hungry, and bright marble skin that sparkles in the sunlight. :oops: Oooooh, that would have been so nice! :)

MissDomino

Premium
Speaking of sex appeal, don't you think his BOW form should have been prettier? I didn't like that J'avo thing the C-Virus turned him into. Instead, he should have turned into a handsome angel with incredible strength and speed, shiny golden eyes that turn black when he's hungry, and bright marble skin that sparkles in the sunlight. :oops: Oooooh, that would have been so nice! :)

His BOW form was sexy enough as it was ;)

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I kinda liked Piers, he was an awesome character and I would have loved for him to replace that toolbox Chris Redfield for future games, but even if he did survive, I'd say he would be a target for the next evil corperation (Neo Umbrella didn't last long) since he injected the C-Virus and maintained control of himself, then probably the BSAA gets word of Piers being alive and hunted down, then Chris goes in to try and find Piers first.

Just an idea here, but maybe if the next evil corperation kidnaps Sherry and uses her to force Jake to find Piers before Chris does and maybe it puts the Chris and Jake rivalry in action or something.

hidden_player_

It's funny how so many of you really replied to the question regarding his looks. :D That question was actually just my joke response to another thread where someone ended his Piers-related post with "... and he is sexy!" or something like that. But this is no criticism, go on discussing his sex appeal! :cool: (By the way, said sex appeal is hardly surprising, considering that his face was modelled after this real-life model.)

Piers Is way sexier than his real life model, Piers always has that "im gonna rape you face with my boot" expression.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen

OMG that dude is ****ing hot. Usually I'm a bit adverse to male models and I don't know why but I'd SO tap that. *fans self*

Top Bottom