• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Spike TV - Jake's scenario gameplay

Jgraeme1979

Pity it kept cutting back from the game play to tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber in the studio lol. Looks really good, but a little more difficult than I was anticipating it to be.

Jwells

First day buy for me...

It's still too action-oriented for a Resident Evil titel. But this looks much better than Resident Evil 5.

I hope it will be at least as good as Resident Evil 4 (which was awesome).

bruno

Chief Researcher
I can see a lot of RE 5 in this scenatio... Althought the gameplay has some new moves, the basis seems to be the same as RE5.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
He and Sherry are so cute too... Am I the only one who wants to see a little bit of romance between these two?

Chris will have a job to do if the day come Jake takes after his father. I wouldn't want Rebecca in between that.
So I say no to romance being in RE period. Hints of it yes, but anything more would just ruin the sense of it.

Jgraeme1979

He and Sherry are so cute too... Am I the only one who wants to see a little bit of romance between these two?

I don't know, part of me thinks that some sort of bond between them would be interesting to the story but then you can't help but think that romance just doesn't fit the game really among all the zombies and viruses etc.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't know, part of me thinks that some sort of bond between them would be interesting to the story but then you can't help but think that romance just doesn't fit the game really among all the zombies and viruses etc.
I actually think the series needs some romance. We haven't seen any since CV. And Steve's love for Claire was not corresponded.
(I'm not counting Ashleys sad attempts to have some time out with Leon, Leon/Angela or Wesker/Excella, since all those are very brief moments or only implicit).

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I actually think the series needs some romance. We haven't seen any since CV. And Steve's love for Claire was not corresponded.
(I'm not counting Ashleys sad attempts to have some time out with Leon, Leon/Angela or Wesker/Excella, since all those are very brief moments or only implicit).

I agree with this... I was so frustrated when Billy and Rebecca didn't at least exchange something other than a 'salute' in Zero. :p I mean come on! It was obvious they liked each other!!! Whatever happened to those RE6 rumors of Jill and Chris being married? Has that been debunked yet? I'd hope so, because he sure looks depressed in his gameplay video, getting drunk and whatnot.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I could give you several reasons why romance shouldn't be apart of the series. This is a war going on. You don't have time to be worried about your significant other. You have to be a solider and hide your emotions. Because in the end it will get you killed. Take what happened to Steve for example. If he never fell for Clair and stayed to himself, who's to say he would not have lived? Feelings is what they train you to get rid of. To be emotionless and get the mission done.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I could give you several why romance shouldn't be apart of the series. This is a war going on. You don't have time to be worried about your significant other. You have to be a solider and hide your emotions. Because in the end it will get you killed. Take what happened to Steve for example. If he never fell for Clair and stayed to himself, who's to say he would not have lived? Feelings is what they train you to get rid of. To be emotionless and get the mission done.

Well then I would sooo die getting some. ;) jk. I see where you're coming from here, but I would love to see the characters outside of the war-zone at the end of a game... like an epilogue and possibly see some of them together or even married. That'd be a nice thought to know that our favorite characters aren't always fighting wars and have a life outside of bio-terrorism. Capcom can at least be that nice to some of them, I mean damn they've gone through enough, they need some love too! :p

Jgraeme1979

Exactly, you expect a team fighting together to have each others back and to be friends because of what they go through together in the field (that no one else can truly understand) but they'd still have that cautious approach which you don't get if it's someone you care about romantically in peril, so kind of makes more sense not to have any romantic type story line.

Top Bottom