• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil (2002) / HD Remaster (2015) Simple Way to Decide Between Chris or Jill

Which Survivor is More Fitting For You?

• Chris Redfield

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Jill Valentine

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Murrdogg93

With how different Chris & Jill play in RE Remake, there is a simple way to look at which character is more fitting to play as...

Are you a Careful, Strategic Survivor?
Or
An Improvising, Combat heavy survivor?

Jill is for the careful, brain oriented, strategic player. She has more cutscenes than Chris, focused more on Story than uninterrupted Gameplay. She also has an extra puzzle that allows her to use her brain to defeat a boss, instead of always using force. Her lock pick also compliments her strategic playstyle, being able to navigate more easily than Chris to escape from enemies, if there's a simple locked door. Which is great since she dies more easily than Chris.

Chris is for the Improviser, Combat heavy player. While Jill is able to kill things, Chris is more efficient in all combat aspects: Faster Running, Faster Shooting, More HP, Higher Crit Chance, etc. His Lighter also allows you to start burning bodies to prevent Crimson Heads as soon as you find the Fuel Canteen. His extra HP fits the Improviser playstyle since if he gets caught in a bad spot, he can get away in better shape than Jill would. Also if you can't unlock a door & have to fight your way out, Chris being more Combat Efficient fits this playstyle.

Last edited:

RedfieldFan

With how different Chris & Jill play in RE Remake, there is a simple way to look at which character is more fitting to play as...

Are you a Careful, Strategic Survivor?
Or
An Improvising, Combat heavy survivor?

Jill is for the careful, brain oriented, strategic player. She has more cutscenes than Chris, focused more on Story than uninterrupted Gameplay. She also has an extra puzzle that allows her to use her brain to defeat a boss, instead of always using force. Her lock pick also compliments her strategic playstyle, being able to navigate more easily than Chris to escape from enemies, if there's a simple locked door. Which is great since she does more easily than Chris.

Chris is for the Improviser, Combat heavy player. While Jill is able to kill things, Chris is more efficient in all combat aspects: Faster Running, Faster Shooting, More HP, Higher Crit Chance, etc. His Lighter also allows you to start burning bodies to prevent Crimson Heads as soon as you find the Fuel Canteen. His extra HP fits the Improviser playstyle since if he gets caught in a bad spot, he can get away in better shape than Jill would. Also if you can't unlock a door & have to fight your way out, Chris being more Combat Efficient fits this playstyle.
You make a lot of good points but I would argue that playing as Chris requires more strategy than Jill due to his very limited inventory space. You constantly have to consider what items you really need to pick up and what you can leave behind unless you want to make numerous trips to the item boxes. If you could drop items like in RE0 it might not be that much of an issue but as it is I'd say Chris requires more strategy.

Murrdogg93

You make a lot of good points but I would argue that playing as Chris requires more strategy than Jill due to his very limited inventory space. You constantly have to consider what items you really need to pick up and what you can leave behind unless you want to make numerous trips to the item boxes. If you could drop items like in RE0 it might not be that much of an issue but as it is I'd say Chris requires more strategy.
I understand what you're saying. But in my experience, it's easier to kill zombies and clear out areas with Chris because of his faster shooting & higher crit chance. It's less of a strategic thought process in that sense.
With Jill, you could argue the more inventory space makes you think more about where you want to explore in what order, considering your strategy more often. Plus with her less HP, lock pick, slower running, slower shooting, & lower crit chance, she's definitely more suited for avoiding combat where the player can.

I actually came up with this theory, after looking at how a friend of mine would play. He typically played Jill, strictly for the more inventory space. However, when he typically improvised where he was going, he risked getting caught in a bad situation. He typically died more as Jill, since 2 zombie grabs on Normal kill her, in my experience.

I asked him to try switching to Chris, due to being better at combat. He initially thought it'd be harder on him because of the 2 less spaces. But it turned out he performed better with his playstyle as Chris due to being better at combat. The less space only made more backtracking, and he ended up surviving situations where with Jill he would typically die.

Top Bottom