• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should Wesker Be Resurrected?

Should Wesker Be Resurrected?

• Total voters

Wasker1995

What do you think? Does Capcom need to bring back Wesker or not? Wesker was the greatest villain in the history of the Resident Evil franchise, and after his death, no good or memorable villains have appeared in the series. It's just that since Wesker died in the entire series, there hasn't been a single cool / memorable villain who pulled the entire game on his back, as Wesker did. After all, he had good motivation and amazing charisma + just unreal coolness. Wesker was essentially an evil version of Neo from The Matrix, but since he was killed, there hasn't been a single memorable and long-term villain in the franchise! All of them were just one-day off villians, which were forgotten immediately after the game! But what do you think about this?

Last edited:

ArabianLuffy

Legend
Premium
Unfortunately, RE is partly a Sci-Fi game/story. Wesker can be brought to life, but his memories can not be. You know how genetics work. Unless Capcom wanna go all out like Castlevania.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
He should remain dead, he's already been the antagonist of 3 main titles and I believe they've squeezed enough out of him already.

Also, bringing someone back as a clone has never really worked out in film or video games before. There's plenty of bad examples to take notes from: Ripley in Alien 4, Shinzon in Star Trek Nemesis, Palpatine in Rise of Skywalker, and so on.

They should focus on new villains.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Yeah, I think he should stay dead. I like Wesker, but there is no way he can be brought back to life since he drowned in lava. Plus, what can they do with him at this point? They would be beating a dead horse...even if its reanimated. Also, I hope they won't do any cloning, we all know how that works out.

Turo602

The King of Kings
This series sucks enough balls already, don't see what they have to lose by bringing him back. His return would at least make the story interesting again. All their new characters have been garbage with the exception of Alex Wesker who showed great potential to be a long term villain, but we got hillbillies and vampires instead. Plenty of interesting routes they can take by bringing Wesker back.

RipvanX

[RE8 spoilers below]
I can see it happening simply because Nanomach-.. I mean Mutamycete can resurrect and create new life forms with memories intact. Wesker seems like the kind of man who would have a backup plan if his Uroboros plan failed. He died a mere few years before The C-Virus and The Mold began to surface, so I can see some unnamed admirer hunting down some tissue fragment in some forgotten lab somewhere and bringing him back.

Although with that said, I wouldn’t want him back at this point, since it would ruin what RE5 set out to do and conclude his story, but his legacy lives on. I want Alex to come back with a serious vengeance through Natalia but at this point, she would seem like a completely new villain once she grows up, so it wouldn’t be the same.

Wasted opportunity, they even had the singer of the Silent Hill songs as her voice actress. One of the worst mistakes throwing her character away like that. She should of been the main antagonist of RE6 and not a stupid Ada clone.

If they can turn Spenser into a simp, create X-Men with The Thing mold, and turn the BSAA evil, you can sure bet they could bring Albert Wesker back.

Last edited:

Wesker90

Wesker is the OG villain of the franchise and I kinda miss his presence bring felt even if he's tugging behind the scenes so sure if there was a fairly convincing way to bring him back into the fold go for it.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
firm NO.

Capcom should make a new main villain and actually build and keep them around, Alex Wesker (in Natalia) could possibly work if they bring her outside the Revelations games and start making it to where she appears in the main ones which is what we thought was going to happen with RE8 but obviously that did not happen,

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
firm NO.

Capcom should make a new main villain and actually build and keep them around, Alex Wesker (in Natalia) could possibly work if they bring her outside the Revelations games and start making it to where she appears in the main ones which is what we thought was going to happen with RE8 but obviously that did not happen,
Agreed 100%.

This was all clearly discussed before but I still think Alex Wesker is the key to bringing the series full circle because she is an ever looming threat that waits inside the body of a child who lives in the home of a beloved STARS/BSAA agent. Things can easily go terribly array before they get better within the storyline and CAPCOM can bring similar psychology and biological horror aspects back into the mix, as they did with RE7 and RE8, with Alex’s experiments. It just seems like the smartest move for them to make.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I also think the answer should be NO.

They can have a cameo from him from the past. Or like a plot that he began and Alex finishes and have him there in spirit, but I think they concluded his story in a satisfactorily dramatic way. The series does need a main enemy back and they have the footing to now to have The Connections, Alex Wesker, or the BSAA become a major threat. I hope they take that seriously.

Hardware

Wesker's better dead. He wasn't even the main baddie until C:V told us he was alive and his presence was only implied in RE4. The real villain was the Umbrella Corporation, which was way scarier in my book. Ever since they got rid of it, the series has been going through the identity crisis we all know and loathe. I liked him as this sort of "agent of chaos" kind of character, but his arch was never fully realized IMHO and his Marvel-style final incarnation was cringe-inducing, even though D.C. Douglas is the definitive Wesker actor if you ask me.

Murderer Enshrined

Wesker was a good villain imo but Capcom killed him off for a reason. So they could close that chapter of the story and move on. There's not going to be anymore Shinji Mikami magic, unfortunately. But that doesn't mean we can't have good games to look forward to. Resurrecting a particular character will not resurrect any franchise. The only things that will keep a game franchise going will be good ideas and fun gameplay.

When I first played Resident Evil 7, I thought, "What? First person?". But, I ended up liking the game and finishing it a couple of times, which is more than I thought I would do. I've seen the trailer for Resident Evil 8 The Village, and I thought, "What? First person again?". But, by the time I got through have of the trailer, I thought, "Hey, that looks pretty cool.". But I still miss Resident Evil in third person.

You don't have to resurrect a particular character to make Resident Evil interesting for me. But please resurrect third person play for me again, please.

Top Bottom