• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Screen tearing on xbox

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Hi has there been any information about the screen tearing issues. I've always had that problem on RE5 but it seems to reduce a lot when i set screen to 720p instead of 1080. Has anyone found this to be a solution. Was still quite a lot of tearing in the Dragons Dogma demo but i will wait and see what tomorow's demo plays like in 720...

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
- Hope so i done a lot of research and turns out its only a handful of Capcom games do it (screen tearing) and it appears to be a problem when upscaling 720 to 1080. Maybe they should have coded in an automatic 720 setting even when chosen 1080 as that seems to be the problem. I am going to do more testing and i'll post back sometime

potato

They should be making games in 1080p now. Almost all TV's sold today are 1080p. Actually, 2 years back it's already standard. Either they want to cut cost or either PS3 or Xbox360 has limited capabilities.

I prefer consoles over PC, but nowadays i think the other way round. I'm playing Silent Hill 2 on PC, in all it's 1080p glory. And you'd be surprised how good the game looks, compared to PS2.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
^ Your right it is the way the games are hard coded at 720 and then auto upscaled by the xbox chip. This can cause input lag or graphical issues such as on Resident Evil...
After doing some research turns out only simple Arcade games like Rayman are 1080 native coded and other graphic/texture heavy games are 720 to allow more graphics use on other elements .. well thats what i could gather from reading a lot.
Other people have mentioned that you get significant input lag when trying to use both Dolby digital sound AND 1080p output- something about the xbox not been able to handle both simultaneously...
Either way it is definetly an issue with Capcoms engines - RE 5 , Dead Rising I and II, RE 6 Demo (dragons dogma) version) all suffer huge screen tearing on 1080p. I think the problem is a lot reduced on 720 p But a lot of gamers will buy RE6 or play the demo with the standard 1080p selected and probaly think it looks terrible...thats why i mentioned it would be good if they optimise it better than leaving it to the gamers.
PS3 doesnt have these issues as they have V Sync but they get a lower frame rate and other issues.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
afraid its still the same as always. Ridiculous screen tearing at 1080p, no problems at 720p.
I suggest you all play on 720 on xbox because Capcom can;t work out how to hard code the up scaling properly

Top Bottom