• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Run Jill! He's insane!

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
I have just watched a video of the very first game on youtube. In this video, The first zombie comes into the hallway and chases Jill near the clock. I have never come across this alternative encounter before.

How do you get this extra cutscene?

Genesis_of_Nemesis

Dead Man Walking
Do you mean that the zombie comes through the door and chases Jill until Barry kills it? If so, then you do that when you first see the zombie and then book it back to the dining room.

If not, then can you send me the link to the video so I can see?

Genesis_of_Nemesis

Dead Man Walking
Got it!

I did a couple of things, but i think all you have to do is just go into the hall and turn right back into the dining room without encountering the zombie, then make your way back to the door leading to the main room and barry will say "Lost courage already? That's not like you." So then you towards the clock like you are heading back to him and then it activates.

Sorry about that, didn't want to double post it!

sbr999

LOL, in the PC version you are FORCED to get this cutscene, unless you want the game to crash in the dining room. (or you run the game on Win 95, with a low performance PC xD)

1. Go to the dining room with Barry
2. Go back to talk to Wesker
3. Go back to the dining room and approach Barry from the clock side

Genesis_of_Nemesis

Dead Man Walking
LOL, in the PC version you are FORCED to get this cutscene, unless you want the game to crash in the dining room. (or you run the game on Win 95, with a low performance PC xD)

1. Go to the dining room with Barry
2. Go back to talk to Wesker
3. Go back to the dining room and approach Barry from the clock side

Yeah, that is one of the things I also did prior to going through the hallway door and turning back. I had thought that it had a bit to do with how to get this. So I just did another go of it to see and here's how to get it:

Like what sbr999 said, go to the dining room (and activate the blood cut scene) and then go back to talk to Wesker. Then you head through the dining room with the clock side and go through the hallway door and turn back without seeing our little zombie friend and then try to go through the doors leading back to Wesker. That will activate the Barry cut scene and attempt to go back to him and presto!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yep you get a similar cutscene with the RE-make as well by going back out to Wesker. You have to go out to the main hall twice (the second time it will stop you from going out there) and then walk over to the clock.

You won't be able to get ammo from Kenneth's body if you choose to play the game with that cutscene (but I thought I heard that the zombies are a bit easier to kill in the original game afterwards).

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Barry: Run Jill! He's hungry for your sandwich!

I actually got that cutscene the first time I played because I like walking back and forth through rooms to see if I can get a cutscene.

Top Bottom