• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Rumor: REmake 2 to be designed with native 1080p/4K using RE engine, may combine OST and fixed camera

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
After all this time, we finally have our first bit of data on how REmake 2 is progressing. As the article notes, take this with a grain of salt (as with any rumors/leaks). However, according to a Rely on Horror source close to the game's development, this may be the most ambitious RE title yet with a potential E3 2018 reveal in the cards, and that's just the short version of it.

• Game will utilize RE7's RE engine. Photogrammetry scanning will be used, but said to be greatly improved upon from RE7, making for perhaps the most visually impressive Capcom game yet.
  • Game will run at 30 FPS and 1080p on standard PS4s and 60 FPS and native 4K on PS4 Pro.
  • Game will load at different resolutions every time you enter a room.
  • Characters will be made to more closely resemble their original game counterparts despite using the RE engine (we all saw the confusion it caused with RE7's Chris).
  • REmake 2 will feature a TON of new content and areas from the original.
  • Said to be inspired from RE4's OTS camera, but more "stylized". One interpretation is that it may be a combination of the original RE2's fixed cams while traversing Raccoon City and RE4-6's OTS while aiming.
  • Devs who worked on RE2 and RE4 are said to have been brought in as outside contractors to work on the game.
  • Will still be very horror-focused despite the RE4-influenced camera.
Keep in mind that this is coming from a source close to the project, so this is about as legitimate as it gets as far as leaks/rumors are concerned. From the sound of it, it feels like they're giving this the same level of care that they put into MHW, which means the sky's the limit for this game IF this is to be believed. You never know with Capcom, though.

#ZohMyGawdHype

IntoxNitram

Was going to post this myself. I'm fine with over the shoulder personally (I think I've changed my mind on it) and am looking forward to seeing more.
Keep an eye on: http://residentevil2.com

They own the domain and recently updated it, wouldn't be surprised to see some stuff on there eventually.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Was going to post this myself. I'm fine with over the shoulder personally (I think I've changed my mind on it) and am looking forward to seeing more.
Keep an eye on: http://residentevil2.com

They own the domain and recently updated it, wouldn't be surprised to see some stuff on there eventually.

My guess is it may be something like what we saw in the RE4 original build, where it switches between OTS and fixed cam.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I love that they’re blending the fixed camera with OTS, that actually sounds awesome. But wtf, I thought they just couldn’t use the original character designs with the photogrammetry b.s.

#stillbitter #petty

Last edited:

Cure Zombrex

Those people on other sites who say they hate the change in camera angles; I don't know why they feel that way. That style of camera is very 1998 and this is, unfortunately, 2018. If the game is otherwise very faithful, then I'm all for it. Before people hate on Capcom, they ought to just be patient and wait another 3 weeks. We may even get news sooner. People expose stuff early all of the time.

MisterScott

I love that they’re blending the fixed camera with OTS, that actually sounds awesome. And wtf, I thought they just couldn’t use the original character designs with the photogrammetry b.s.

#stillbitter #petty

The way they redesigned Chris in Resident Evil 7 made no sense, they say that it was because that the Chris we are used to wouldn’t look right in real life, of course there is some truth to that but they forgot that he is a character from a video game not a documentary and that there is nothing unrealistic about Chris’s face, look at Charlie Kraslavsky the guy who played Chris in Resident Evil 1 cutscenes he looked like he was pulled straight from the game universe into real life so there is no reason why they couldn’t find someone who looks like him as a reference model because people with those features do exist, the model for Residents Evil 7 Chris looked less like the Game version of Chris and more like a cross between Alexander Skarsgard and Wentworth Miller’s version of Chris in the Anderson Movies, it makes no sense to me how back in 1995 Capcom had no problem finding people who looked like the Characters yet today with a better budget and access to modelling agencies and databases all of a sudden finding people who resemble the characters are not a realistic option.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I love that they’re blending the fixed camera with OTS, that actually sounds awesome. But wtf, I thought they just couldn’t use the original character designs with the photogrammetry b.s.

#stillbitter #petty

Reread the article, it says they'll more closely resemble their original game counterparts. My guess is this means they'll either use actors that look more like the original characters (Leon, Claire, Ada, etc.) and/or touch it up more. They saw the backlash it caused with RE7's Chris and aren't fooling around this time if true.

Cure Zombrex

Yeah. That whole 'this isn't the real Chris' thing was something we moaned about for a good reason. I too hope they learned from that. Going to be pretty awesome to have E3 swing by and we will get the latest The Last of Us Part II news as well as the RE 2 remake news. Although Naughty Dog are fast becoming a respectable company too. I've never played a game quite like The Last of Us before.

Matteo

I'm fond to Resident Evil 2 because it's my first Re and one my first game i have played in my life together Tekken 2 and Crash Bandicoot on PS1. (i'm getting older :biggrin:)
From the leak it seems that its graphic will be great, so i hope in a massive support for PS4 PRO.

Cure Zombrex

I was too. I also hope this isn't a first person game. Because if it is, I'm not buying it. I'm not a fan of first person games. I didn't particularly mind 7, but even still. It wouldn't be a faithful remake in that case. It already has lost brownie posts with all this talk that it will have the same camera perspective as RE-freaking-4 - the very game that (arguably) ruined the series well over a decade ago.

Weskers Report

It's understandable that the series had to change back in 2005. although 0 got generally good reviews gameplay fatigue was starting to trickle down throughout the fan base.
having said that, I always said that RE 4 is a great game, but not a great RE game.
it gave us no relatable story at its time of release, Ada's Separate Ways was developed after the fact just to tie the game into the rest of the series properly.
RE 5 subsequently wrapped everything up beautifully.
once you reach the Castle scenario the series absolutely jumps the shark, it has fire breathing dragons and Salazar statues, this section should have taken the 3.5 Castle assets and utilized them here.
they could have still used fixed camera for said section as well and the island portion could have played out as normal.
RE 4 lead the way for over the shoulder, it revolutionized it but this camera type has also since become style.
the best you can hope for as an old school fan is perhaps some type of static fixed camera a la the Outbreak titles and Code Veronica but my bet is on first person again as Capcom will want to cash in on VR.

Cure Zombrex

Sadly, I think Team Silent getting fired was what lead to Konami sucking. They didn't think Team Silent could do what Capcom did with Resident Evil, so I think that's why the franchise bombed. Capcom have somewhat been able to rebound, despite the plethora of garbage that they occasionally publish. Maybe those behind the Silent Hill series knew they just couldn't compete any more with the growing trends. I'm not sure that they ever were exactly trying to outdo Capcom, although they definitely knew that the gaming market had changed way too much. But they didn't adapt the action style very well at all, so I think that's why that series just stopped. The Silent Hills situation was the last straw.

Top Bottom