• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rocky films...

Cure Zombrex

Since Sly is making a sequel to Creed...what do you think of this series?

V is odd, because his son goes from being around 8 years old in Part IV to like the age of 15 in a matter of days. Wow! The story was quite good, but not as spectacular as the others. The street fight at the end was not characteristic of a Rocky film at all, and it didn't feel like a satisfying end to the original series, although some scenes were bittersweet. So 6 came out in 2006, and it felt like a better way to end the series with Rocky, you know? He got back into the ring and ended it properly. The bit where Tony (or Duke) says to build hurting bombs cracks me up.

The first two and I guess III were the best ones. Part IV was like an MTV film because just about every scene had a heart pumping rock song. Drago was a cool villain, though, and I'm glad he'll be back in this new spin off movie soon. However, who would have imagined Sly playing Rocky Balboa eight times since 1976?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Well I never watched Rocky Balboa but V was weird.
And if it had been me, I would've put Paulie's head on the chopping block.
The original and II are usually what people consider to be the pinnacle of the series but, to be completely honest, I enjoyed III and IV the most.

Even though Clubber Lang was probably the most annoying Rocky opponent, other than Tommy Gunn of course, I liked the friendship he built with Apollo in III and how the events of III made him into a real boxer.
Because if we were going to be completely honest, before Rocky trained with Apollo, he had no boxing skill whatsoever. He was merely a fighter with a hard head and a hard left.
The big fight in III is the only fight in the Rocky movies that I've seen that show any real skill on Rocky's part.

IV is a favorite for me because Rocky did a lot of growing in that movie.
Apollo's death really affected him and his drive to do right by Apollo and take Drago down not only showed how much character Rocky has but it also kind of threw Rocky's marriage in the mix. I think IV is the only time we really see Rocky and Adrian on the outs in a life changing kind of way but I think it says something about how seriously Rocky takes his friendships and how much he strives to do what's right.
And how even though Adrian wants to protect him and how she may not like his decisions, she really respects him for the man that he is.
I've also never seen the Creed films but they're definitely on my list.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I've seen all the movies on TV at one point or another, it's the kind of series that's aired in a marathon every damn week.
The only Rocky movie I've seen a ton is the first film, and it's the only one I have on Blu-ray. (The rest are VHS.)

53363-0088390434341.jpg

Love that anniversary cover.

And if it had been me, I would've put Paulie's head on the chopping block.

Oh god yeah, I'd hang him up and package him with his own meat.

Cure Zombrex

I'm relieved that Stallone retired "Rambo" after the fourth and worst film. It doesn't seem like a Rambo adventure at all, just a gory, messy film. The films in the 80's are timeless for me, and also Richard Crenna = RIP. With Rocky, though, I did say after he retired as a boxer, Hollywood could milk the character more with spin off movies, and then here, what do they go and do?! They read my mind, as far back as 1995 (it seems).

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
To be perfectly honest, Rambo (the fourth one) was a good film and stayed true to the Rambo theme, which was shedding light on problems that soldiers walk away from war with, and issues that small countries and revolutions face. The movie stayed true to who Rambo was as a character and, while the movie was infinitely more graphic than the others, I believe that's just a product of time, the world we now live in and what people expect from movies and entertainment.

I was pleasantly surprised by how that particular movie was handled.

Top Bottom