• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations Console/PC ports collectively sell 1.1 million units

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02...elations-sells-11-million-units-on-pcconsoles

While Capcom is close to reaching their target of 1.2 million, and thus considers that the port sold well, IMO 1.1 million is not really a lot considering the fact that it was released on 3 different consoles and pcs. For all the "complaining" about it only being on the 3DS, the console versions did not sell as well as I thought they would. I for sure thought it would get 2 million mininum bc so many wanted it ported. However this just shows that the RE fanbase actions speaks louder than its words. RE6 most likely sold this much in the same week of release yet Rev, the closest this series has gotten to survival horror as of late (albeit not done in the best way I admit), doesn't even begin to touch RE6 sales. I know the fact that it was released on the 3DS may have affected those sales but even even with combining the numbers, Rev does not compare to Re6 numbers. In a way I'm not too sad about it though bc Revelations was an average game and a sub par horror game imo. It definitely should not be used as a focus point for future RE games or at least not in a major way imo as its direction was not all that clear and the whole horror feel fell flat fairly earlier and was more action based than fans would like to admit. I just want Capcom take a risk and make re7 its own game. Don't just make re6 or rev pt 2.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Awww that's a shame :(
Revelations was so good aswell and I really enjoyed playing it again on my Xbox.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Awww that's a shame :(
Revelations was so good aswell and I really enjoyed playing it again on my Xbox.
Well Capcom thinks it sold well so maybe things arent bad. This was just my opinion. I really thought the game would sell more than that.

Top Bottom