• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil tv series (idea)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I was just thinking... with the popularity of AMC's The Walking Dead, (formerly a comic and now a video game) Why can't a channel like HBO or IFC do something like an RE tv series? Each season could be one of the games. We'd start out on zero, having a bit of back story for Billy and Rebecca, and go between back stories for the bravo and alpha team, then end season 1 at the end of zero or something.

It'd be another chance to use live actors and actually do it RIGHT this time (meaning NO Alice, and sticking to the game's storyline with some other original ideas for the characters like... what they did before STARS and backstory!). I, for example would cast Julia Voth for Jill and other unknowns for the rest of the characters.

What do you guys think of this idea? Stupid or... would you watch an RE tv series if it was done right?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I have to say I doubt they could live up to the expectations and ever do something like that right.

Possibly, but The Walking Dead television series, in my opinion, is pretty good! Even though I have a few complaints it's not nearly as many as the RE movie complaints I have. Sure, they add new characters, but they also stick to the main character's storylines and don't let the new ones hog the screen.

I'd even be willing to accept an animated series at this point, anything to help me forget about Alice and keep me hooked! I know we have the CGI movies, but I don't know... I want more RE. :p

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Possibly, but The Walking Dead television series, in my opinion, is pretty good! Even though I have a few complaints it's not nearly as many as the RE movie complaints I have. Sure, they add new characters, but they also stick to the main character's storylines and don't let the new ones hog the screen.

I'd even be willing to accept an animated series at this point, anything to help me forget about Alice and keep me hooked! I know we have the CGI movies, but I don't know... I want more RE. :p
That was made after a comic, not many expectations id say lol.
Making something after a game, moreover one like this, is something totally different.
But yeah who doesnt want more RE. If they do it animated then id say yes since theyve done that pretty well so far xD

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
If it was done right, YES I would. I would actually prefer a side story series, like it explains in video what Albert Wesker or Ada Wong did during the 5 year gap between RE4 and RE5.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
If it was done right, YES I would. I would actually prefer a side story series, like it explains in video what Albert Wesker or Ada Wong did during the 5 year gap between RE4 and RE5.

Exactly! I think I know what they were doing and I don't think Leon would approve! ;-) but I agree, and a side story showing what Rebecca, Billy, Carlos and Barry are doing would be great too!!!

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I think this would do good, honestly I think it's Anderson's fault the movies do so poorly.

potato

We already have walking dead to entertain us and most of us are happy with it the fact that it's way closer to resident evil than any of the Live Action Hollywood movies.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
What do you guys think of this idea? Stupid or... would you watch an RE tv series if it was done right?

You say the keyword: ... if it was done right. But I don't think that will ever happen, unless it's an animated series produced by Capcom themselves. If you take real actors, people will start complaining about how those actors don't look or sound or act or feel like the people they're playing, and if anyone else but Capcom does it... well, look at the movies. Also, don't stick to seasons. Not all games have the length or depth necessary to make a season equivalent to the others. RE5's story could easily be told in one standard two-hours-movie.

Then there's the problem that not everyone agrees on what it means to "do it right". Personally, I think it doesn't have to stick to the original story like it's a movie remake of a game. For example, I wouldn't mind Jill and Carlos running into Claire and Leon at some point in Raccoon City, or involving the Wolfpack, although it's not canon. But then fans would start arguing whether the games or the TV episodes are canon, and so on... All in all, it's a nice idea, but I don't think it would work. (I'd still watch it, though.)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think RE should be done as an anime. Look at how the Devil May Cry anime was done. I say do RE EXACTLY in the same style and it would be SO badass. As far as live action tv show. I just don't think it could do the games justice. I really don't. Besides, it would make so many people hop on a Resident Evil bandwagon. I really don't want that.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
An anime? Please, no! :eek: I really like animes, but I don't want my sexy RE people to become cute Japanese cartoon characters with way too big eyes and even the male ones looking like females. (I've never seen the Devil May Cry anime, though, so perhaps I'm just blinded by prejudices.)

AgentZero

An anime? Please, no! :eek: I really like animes, but I don't want my sexy RE people to become cute Japanese cartoon characters with way too big eyes and even the male ones looking like females. (I've never seen the Devil May Cry anime, though, so perhaps I'm just blinded by prejudices.)
Do you have netflix? if so You can watch it on there, its honestly not drawn like most anime's Which is probally why I like it a lot.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You're just blinded by Prejudices my friend ;)

An anime would be great! And also, I think instead of doing it by the games, doing it by character. (As in, Season one, Leon is the main character, season two, is Chris, three is Claire, and so on)

Not exactly a fan of this idea. Mainly just because we wouldn't get to see our beloved characters together near as often. RE has such an abundance of good characters, and we should see them all in their glory together.

AgentZero

Well see we would this, exept the only character thats gonna be in every single episode is Leon, but every one else can get there turn.

Top Bottom