• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident evil the final chapter cynical review (spoilers)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
So since this is the last film in the series (allegedly) I thought I would take the time to give my thoughts about the film and the series as a whole.

i will give a synopsis of the latest films plot and talk about it as i go along.

This will contain spoilers for the film so beware

Okay so at the end of the last film alice joins up with Leon, Ada, Jill, lucifer or whatever his name is and her now adopted recently realised she was a close "daughter".
Don't worry about remembering any of this because it won't matter.

They go to the white house to see an army undead taking over the world and Wesker is head of the white house as makeshift president. He's got his super powers and Injects Alice again on the pretense that she needs her powers again.

Oh and no sign of chris, Claire or Kmart

Now let's start talking about this film:

The film decides to return the bad guy from the third film and make him the main antagonist, his business parter who he murders with Wesker (because Wesker back then and apparently is now just a lackey) to look after his business partners daughter who has some illness which rapidly ages her; although She was cured of this by the first t virus though and talks minorly about another outbreak which happened before raccoon city which isnt really mentioned again after. I guess he was looking after hew so he could get more shares in umbrella or something
Her father before he died created the red queen in her image which is modelled after yet another little girl of course. Theyr'e going through more Queens than Henry VIII.

Alice emerges from rubble and we find out from another past history synopsis that Wesker didn't give her powers back, and it was just a hoax. Clearly he must have pretended to have powers too but I'll get to that later.

Jill, Leon, Ada, lucifer and daughter have gone on holiday...or are dead, I dunno they're not here. Maybe they're off playing resident evil 7?

Anyway Alice is lost and hears the sound of the world's loudest printer which lures her into a lab thing in the middle of a street. The red queen is here telling her to return to raccoon city as there is a cure for the whole t virus thing and can save the world. All 4000 people left in it! Woop
The only condition is that these 4000 people will die I'm 36hours so she has to release the cure by then...

Let's assume that racoon city is only one town over because she makes near to the place within a short while.
Things werent that simple though, a merry band of umbrella people have made a cleverly hidden trap. It's a shame that some of the last few umbrella employees havnt had proper gun training as even in their trap she manages to wipe all 5 or so of them out.

There's a nice looking umbrella motorbike but only umbrella employees can ride it so she gets a shock.

She wakes up in what i can only assume is a tardis apc.
Issac is in there and reveals his plans to cleanse the earth
Isaac btw isn't the same guy as the third film, but a clone. He's the second one so will thereby be referred to Isaac B.
He ties Alice up outside and has her walk with the apc with a million undead following her.
After Isaac and Wesker are finished sniping comments with each other on the phone he discovers Alice has once again killed more umbrella craplings and decides to attack her himself.
After a pretty good knife fight to be fair Alice spots that electrocuting bike and "borrows" Isaacs hand as he is part of umbrella and has permission to ride it. She fails to kill him though for whatever reason and dodges the last umbrella employees barrage of machine guns and missiles.

Alice ends up in raccoon city and crashes the bike after being hit by a flying pipe.

She wakes up to alot of extras who's names I don't know. They die anyway so whatever. Claire is also there, and much like how Alice forgot all her friends we can assume Claire forgot she had a brother, or he's dead...or on holiday...Or playing re7.
Isaac catches up and has another battle this time sending a billion infected which kill a few people but are ultimately wiped out by never ending oil barrel fun.
No giant axemen this time.

Alice incinerates the inside of the apc issac and that guy who can't aim machinery are in but they both escape unharmed. The no aim guy turns out to be Jackie chan however and clings onto screen time just a bit longer to slap Alice about a bit before he his strapped to an apc and forced to walk away (after being shot in the chest with a hydra shotgun blast and surviving)
This lures what remains of the infected which decided to hide for a bit away.

Claire and Alice with extras go to the hive to get the cure.
The cure will wipe out all creatures infected with the T virus including Alice but she wants to do this anyway.

The red queen had informed Alice before that she can't harm umbrella employees but told Alice about the cure as it part of her alternative programming to preserve life...

Anyway after a few doggys attack they reach the hive. The dogs stop at the entrance as they are apparently too scared to enter. I see why Aswell, there's a total of 1 zombie in there!
Wesker turns on the fans and after 1 extra is killed turns them off.
Red queen informs Alice there's a traitor with them. It's clearly Claire new bf but let's pretend we don't know for now.
After some random traps and other extras get killed off to leave just Claire, Claire bf and Alice.
Isaac B has gone crazy and killed a load of people and is rallying up a team of infected to storm the hive.

Im the main control Wesker awakens a clone.. But it's not a clone, It's real issac, who we will call Isaac A
Also awakening is the daughter from beginning who is now an old woman who owns 50% of the company, who could be aunt Rhody.

Wesker captures Claire and Alice and Claire bf enter the room. Issac A has the antivirus and Claire bf turns out to be evil. Who'd have thought. Alice clearly assumed this and gave him an unloaded gun earlier. Wesker enters with Claire at gun point.
The old woman in he chair comes down the hall and it turns out to be Alice. Thats right, the Alice we known since Re1 turned out to he a clone herself.
Umbrella owner Alice turns out to be a good guy though and sacks Wesker out loud. The red queen gets wind of this and slams a door on Wesker leg which is his weak point because I **** you not, this kills him. Remember earlier when I said he must have pretended to have powers too? Alice blew his head off in the fourth
Anyway issac A runs away and Claire and Alice go in pursuit. Aunt Rhody Alice decides to look at her Facebook pictures for a bit.

Issac apparently sherlock holmes style can predict probability and can predict everything attackers are about to do to him.
After a fight in the laser room from the first film Alices fingers get chopped off but she places a grenade in his pocket and grabs the antivirus.
She leaves and Claire says she will catch up. Why does she stay? Is she looking for someone? Short answer is no. Maybe she is just sick of Alices ****.

Outside Isaac B is still leading an army of infected to the hive entrance but isaac A catches up to Alice before she can smash the jar of antivirus.
Issac B laments finding out he's only a clone and proceeds to kill issac A so he can be the real issac. Upon doing this he forgets he was leading an army right behind him and gets eaten by zombies.

Alice grabs the jar of anti virus, and after seeing she has 10seconds to stop the rest of the world from dying smashes the tiny jar which kills all the infected around her instantly.
She falls to the ground dead.

Lol jk she doesn't die, it just killed the infection inside her. Aunt Rhody Alice had given Claire something to give all her memories to second Alice of her child hood should we want to fill in gaps before her clone life began.
It's not clear whether she takes it or not.

She background talks that it will take a while for the winds to carry the antivirus around the world and decides she still has work to do and proceeds to be attacked by some of the worm enemies from Re5. She smiles and credits begin.

There are no bonus scenes.

Okay we all know the films are bad bug I enjoy them anyway, would I recommend the film? No

I gotta give them credit, I didn't expect them to end the film series very well at all but they at least gave it a good try.
Just ignore the blatant plot holes and unrealistic parts that are supposed to be realistic and it's an okay film.

The ending sorta made is look like it might continue but I wouldn't expect it, unless the next film is about finding the missing cast to see if they want to start fixing houses.

References to rezzy games:
This one didn't have many

There were the worm monsters from Re5
Bloated zombies possibly based on whoppers from Re6
And big skeletal enemy maybe based on a bloodshot from Re6
Cerberus were the names of the dogs Wesker gave
The hydra shotgun

References to past films
They revisit the hive from Re1 (although only one room is the same)
Issac returns kinda

My score on the film based on my feelings towards the film series:

6/ 10: they tried

My score on the film series as a whole:

4/10: where as it started good with the first two films, the 3Rd one started a rapid decline of random plot holes and scripting that did nothing more than back themselves into corners leading to loose explanations to get themselves out.

There didn't seem to he any references to the newest re7 title even though the cast were advertising it.

I tried to put a bit of humour into this review and plot synopsis.
Don't get me wrong, I love all the films but I'm not blind to how bad they are.

Last edited:

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I agree for the most part. At least I enjoyed watching this one, unlike Retribution which felt like a chore to watch. This one attempted to have a story at least, even if it did retcon most of the plot from previous entries in the series.

The main problem I had with the movie was the editing. There wasn't a shot in the movie that lasted longer than a couple of seconds, it kinda gave me a headache and it got really confusing sometimes. When the random characters got killed off I had to wait until the next scene to count the characters that were still alive to see which one died.

I love that Alice just ditched Claire at the end lol, 'Bye Claire, I'm going to New York for some reason'.

There were a couple of RE7 references:
The disease that Alicia had made her grow older like Eveline, and Alice fought a molded inside the hive.

I think Doc was kinda in reference to Neil from Revelations 2.

Last edited:

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
So since this is the last film in the series (allegedly) I thought I would take the time to give my thoughts about the film and the series as a whole.

i will give a synopsis of the latest films plot and talk about it as i go along.

This will contain spoilers for the film so beware

Okay so at the end of the last film alice joins up with Leon, Ada, Jill, lucifer or whatever his name is and her now adopted recently realised she was a close "daughter".
Don't worry about remembering any of this because it won't matter.

They go to the white house to see an army undead taking over the world and Wesker is head of the white house as makeshift president. He's got his super powers and Injects Alice again on the pretense that she needs her powers again.

Oh and no sign of chris, Claire or Kmart

Now let's start talking about this film:

The film decides to return the bad guy from the third film and make him the main antagonist, his business parter who he murders with Wesker (because Wesker back then and apparently is now just a lackey) to look after his business partners daughter who has some illness which rapidly ages her; although She was cured of this by the first t virus though and talks minorly about another outbreak which happened before raccoon city which isnt really mentioned again after. I guess he was looking after hew so he could get more shares in umbrella or something
Her father before he died created the red queen in her image which is modelled after yet another little girl of course. Theyr'e going through more Queens than Henry VIII.

Alice emerges from rubble and we find out from another past history synopsis that Wesker didn't give her powers back, and it was just a hoax. Clearly he must have pretended to have powers too but I'll get to that later.

Jill, Leon, Ada, lucifer and daughter have gone on holiday...or are dead, I dunno they're not here. Maybe they're off playing resident evil 7?

Anyway Alice is lost and hears the sound of the world's loudest printer which lures her into a lab thing in the middle of a street. The red queen is here telling her to return to raccoon city as there is a cure for the whole t virus thing and can save the world. All 4000 people left in it! Woop
The only condition is that these 4000 people will die I'm 36hours so she has to release the cure by then...

Let's assume that racoon city is only one town over because she makes near to the place within a short while.
Things werent that simple though, a merry band of umbrella people have made a cleverly hidden trap. It's a shame that some of the last few umbrella employees havnt had proper gun training as even in their trap she manages to wipe all 5 or so of them out.

There's a nice looking umbrella motorbike but only umbrella employees can ride it so she gets a shock.

She wakes up in what i can only assume is a tardis apc.
Issac is in there and reveals his plans to cleanse the earth
Isaac btw isn't the same guy as the third film, but a clone. He's the second one so will thereby be referred to Isaac B.
He ties Alice up outside and has her walk with the apc with a million undead following her.
After Isaac and Wesker are finished sniping comments with each other on the phone he discovers Alice has once again killed more umbrella craplings and decides to attack her himself.
After a pretty good knife fight to be fair Alice spots that electrocuting bike and "borrows" Isaacs hand as he is part of umbrella and has permission to ride it. She fails to kill him though for whatever reason and dodges the last umbrella employees barrage of machine guns and missiles.

Alice ends up in raccoon city and crashes the bike after being hit by a flying pipe.

She wakes up to alot of extras who's names I don't know. They die anyway so whatever. Claire is also there, and much like how Alice forgot all her friends we can assume Claire forgot she had a brother, or he's dead...or on holiday...Or playing re7.
Isaac catches up and has another battle this time sending a billion infected which kill a few people but are ultimately wiped out by never ending oil barrel fun.
No giant axemen this time.

Alice incinerates the inside of the apc issac and that guy who can't aim machinery are in but they both escape unharmed. The no aim guy turns out to be Jackie chan however and clings onto screen time just a bit longer to slap Alice about a bit before he his strapped to an apc and forced to walk away (after being shot in the chest with a hydra shotgun blast and surviving)
This lures what remains of the infected which decided to hide for a bit away.

Claire and Alice with extras go to the hive to get the cure.
The cure will wipe out all creatures infected with the T virus including Alice but she wants to do this anyway.

The red queen had informed Alice before that she can't harm umbrella employees but told Alice about the cure as it part of her alternative programming to preserve life...

Anyway after a few doggys attack they reach the hive. The dogs stop at the entrance as they are apparently too scared to enter. I see why Aswell, there's a total of 1 zombie in there!
Wesker turns on the fans and after 1 extra is killed turns them off.
Red queen informs Alice there's a traitor with them. It's clearly Claire new bf but let's pretend we don't know for now.
After some random traps and other extras get killed off to leave just Claire, Claire bf and Alice.
Isaac B has gone crazy and killed a load of people and is rallying up a team of infected to storm the hive.

Im the main control Wesker awakens a clone.. But it's not a clone, It's real issac, who we will call Isaac A
Also awakening is the daughter from beginning who is now an old woman who owns 50% of the company, who could be aunt Rhody.

Wesker captures Claire and Alice and Claire bf enter the room. Issac A has the antivirus and Claire bf turns out to be evil. Who'd have thought. Alice clearly assumed this and gave him an unloaded gun earlier. Wesker enters with Claire at gun point.
The old woman in he chair comes down the hall and it turns out to be Alice. Thats right, the Alice we known since Re1 turned out to he a clone herself.
Umbrella owner Alice turns out to be a good guy though and sacks Wesker out loud. The red queen gets wind of this and slams a door on Wesker leg which is his weak point because I **** you not, this kills him. Remember earlier when I said he must have pretended to have powers too? Alice blew his head off in the fourth
Anyway issac A runs away and Claire and Alice go in pursuit. Aunt Rhody Alice decides to look at her Facebook pictures for a bit.

Issac apparently sherlock holmes style can predict probability and can predict everything attackers are about to do to him.
After a fight in the laser room from the first film Alices fingers get chopped off but she places a grenade in his pocket and grabs the antivirus.
She leaves and Claire says she will catch up. Why does she stay? Is she looking for someone? Short answer is no. Maybe she is just sick of Alices ****.

Outside Isaac B is still leading an army of infected to the hive entrance but isaac A catches up to Alice before she can smash the jar of antivirus.
Issac B laments finding out he's only a clone and proceeds to kill issac A so he can be the real issac. Upon doing this he forgets he was leading an army right behind him and gets eaten by zombies.

Alice grabs the jar of anti virus, and after seeing she has 10seconds to stop the rest of the world from dying smashes the tiny jar which kills all the infected around her instantly.
She falls to the ground dead.

Lol jk she doesn't die, it just killed the infection inside her. Aunt Rhody Alice had given Claire something to give all her memories to second Alice of her child hood should we want to fill in gaps before her clone life began.
It's not clear whether she takes it or not.

She background talks that it will take a while for the winds to carry the antivirus around the world and decides she still has work to do and proceeds to be attacked by some of the worm enemies from Re5. She smiles and credits begin.

There are no bonus scenes.

Okay we all know the films are bad bug I enjoy them anyway, would I recommend the film? No

I gotta give them credit, I didn't expect them to end the film series very well at all but they at least gave it a good try.
Just ignore the blatant plot holes and unrealistic parts that are supposed to be realistic and it's an okay film.

The ending sorta made is look like it might continue but I wouldn't expect it, unless the next film is about finding the missing cast to see if they want to start fixing houses.

References to rezzy games:
This one didn't have many

There were the worm monsters from Re5
Bloated zombies possibly based on whoppers from Re6
And big skeletal enemy maybe based on a bloodshot from Re6
Cerberus were the names of the dogs Wesker gave
The hydra shotgun

References to past films
They revisit the hive from Re1 (although only one room is the same)
Issac returns kinda

My score on the film based on my feelings towards the film series:

6/ 10: they tried

My score on the film series as a whole:

4/10: where as it started good with the first two films, the 3Rd one started a rapid decline of random plot holes and scripting that did nothing more than back themselves into corners leading to loose explanations to get themselves out.

There didn't seem to he any references to the newest re7 title even though the cast were advertising it.

I tried to put a bit of humour into this review and plot synopsis.
Don't get me wrong, I love all the films but I'm not blind to how bad they are.
Have to agree with everything you said. The Final Chapter wasn't the worst film I've ever seen but it was kinda painful to watch. Tbh I don't think I could ever watch another film with Milla Jovovich in it.

The series did start off ok but as it went on it got worse. The story got so jumbled up and they threw characters out of the games in for no reason other than just so they could make an appearance.

I agree for the most part. At least I enjoyed watching this one, unlike Retribution which felt like a chore to watch. This one attempted to have a story at least, even if it did retcon most of the plot from previous entries in the series.

The main problem I had with the movie was the editing. There wasn't a shot in the movie that lasted longer than a couple of seconds, it kinda gave me a headache and it got really confusing sometimes. When the random characters got killed off I had to wait until the next scene to count the characters that were still alive to see which one died.

I love that Alice just ditched Claire at the end lol, 'Bye Claire, I'm going to New York for some reason'.

There were a couple of RE7 references:
The disease that Alicia had made her grow older like Eveline, and Alice fought a molded inside the hive.

I think Doc was kinda in reference to Neil from Revelations 2.
Your right about the editing, it was pretty terrible. Especially when it came to the fighting scenes, which there were quite a lot of. Everything was moving so fast it was hard to tell wtf was happening xD

I did immediately think of Eveline when they were talking about Alicia's condition. And now that u mention it, yea that definitely did look like a molded.

Last edited:

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i just went to watch this, this evening.

i was really annoyed how the last one ended and this one started. it was quite an epic scene to see all those zombies, mutants and flying things attacking the whitehouse. the whole crew was pretty much there, and then this film starts and alice is on her jack jones, no signs of dead bodies etc. what happened to everyone else?????

Top Bottom