• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Resident Evil Outrage

Murderer Enshrined

Jonipoon said:

"I love how this thread about a possible new game starring Rebecca Chambers has turned into a roasting of Resident Evil characters’ ridiculous accomplishments at a young age."

I just simply loved reading all the posts in this thread. You're all spot-on in your descriptions of the RE characters, and being very clever and funny at the same time.

But when it comes to Resident Evil Outrage, I hope they don't do what they did in Resident Evil Zero. In Resident Evil Zero it seemed like the second half of the game was spent in a dark, dingy, dirty area. And I really felt like they went to a lot of trouble to create really nice graphics just to put us in a place that generally looked like a sewer system. I know that a lot of RE games make you go through a sewer system just to eventually get to the end part of the game, but it just seemed like you spent way too much time in an area like that in RE0. Such beautiful graphics. Such dark, dingy, dirty settings and surroundings. I feel they could do better than that. And I hope they do.

Having said that, there is this video I found that I found quite funny. Remember, there are always holes in stories, but the stories are still entertaining. And so are the games. But it's still fun to poke fun at the holes and inconsistencies in the stories and games.

Hardware

RE0 was just an unfortunate game. Even Shinji Mikami said it's a game that shouldn't have been made but Yoshiki Okamoto wanted a RE title on the N64. The final game is just a bunch of excellent graphics (the HD remaster is glorious) and nothing more. It actually feels like a high-quality mod for RE1make made by someone who didn't know how to balance difficulty. The plot is beyond terrible, the enemies are uninteresting (why so many giant bugs?) and the live-switch mechanics become tiresome very quickly. The only good part was the train (which was the selling point when the game was first announced).

Murderer Enshrined

That kinda sucks. So much potential there. You basically have to sum it up to being another good one that got away, or, another one that could've possibly been far better than it was. I hope I don't have to say that about the next Resident Evil game.

Btw, here's another video that's basically like the last one I posted, but it includes a few things that the first one didn't.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I'm so tired of all the videos called "Everything wrong with..." or "10 things that players hate in...", whatever game it's about. These videos were fun like 7 years ago when the concept was new and fresh, now YouTube channels are just pouring these videos out simply because they generate clicks and attention. What I prefer is a good ole classic video essay, but unfortunately they don't generate as much attraction. YouTube is a sad place nowadays.

When it comes to Resident Evil Zero, I've shared my fair bit of criticism towards the game in the past, and I don't think I need to repeat what others have already mentioned in this thread. If Outrage turns out to be true, I just hope we get a good survival horror game ala RE2 remake again. I couldn't care less about Rebecca being the protagonist as long as the gameplay and story is good.

However, I sincerely do not hope that they bring Billy Coen back for this game. That'd be a terrible idea.

Wasker1995

this is one sliver of information I received on Resident Evil Outrage back in the Summer of 2020 before the hack that I’ve wanted to share after Resident Evil Village released, and admittedly I wanted to release this last month but had been busy with other projects. This information comes from a semi-reliable source that we’ve used in the past for Resident Evil Village, and most of the information was accurate.

I would like to also explain the usage of semi-accurate as well. This person has also given us real-time information in the past that, while not 100% true was mostly true. Let’s just say they said, “John Doe” and “John Smith” were currently working on what they thought was a Resident Evil project, but it wasn’t. However, in research and talking to people, this person shouldn’t have known that “John Doe” and “John Smith” were even working on a project together, or that they were doing it at that moment.

So, semi-accurate information.

So according to the source, sometime last year there was a 1-hour playtest conducted with the codename “Investigation”. Now mind you, a lot of these details also line up with the plot of Biohazard the Stage, but different enough to warrant curiosity of if Capcom is retelling the story in a fresh way to those that might not even know the stageplay exists. Akin to how Resident Evil Village is very reminiscent of Resident Evil 4, but also not a carbon copy of the same formula.

The “Investigation” Playtest​

The Resident Evil Outrage “Investigation” playtest starts at night with Rebecca outside the gates of a college campus, where she is investigating the creation of another new virus. Once on the campus, there was a lot of room to walk around and explore, and even students to interact with who are frightened. It wasn’t specified, but my assumption would be these interactions take place during cutscenes.

After exploring the courtyard of the campus, you eventually end up in the college’s library, where you can find a note saying the school’s director is in contact with a company regarding the research.

After reading the files, an infected student then attacks Rebecca with scissors and you’re given the opportunity to either fight or run, a usual Resident Evil trope. Fighting results in receiving a locker key, though it wasn’t stated what was in the locker.

From there, you continue deeper into the main part of the college where you can start exploring rooms such as labs, classrooms, bathrooms, and a cafeteria. All with infected teachers and students that, according to the source, act very much like Resident Evil 5 Manjini and use “school-based” weapons.

While exploring, you eventually come across a key to an office, and upon entering the room and a man comes up behind Rebecca and renders her unconscious ending the playtest.

Rebecca seems to be fragile in the game as well, so there may be some type of health upgrade system involved and the starting weapon was a knife, a trope Resident Evil has used from Jill in Resident Evil to Ethan in Resident Evil 7 and Village. The source also said the game was played in third person.

According to the source, Resident Evil Outrage was testing using a Nintendo Switch and unsurprisingly ran on the RE Engine, much like the new Ghost N’ Goblins and Capcom Arcade Stadium.

The source also believed that Resident Evil Outrage would be announced sometime around E3 this year with a release in the late Fall of 2021. These dates do line up with the leaked Capcom roadmap, but as seen with Village‘s and other Capcom projects, the effect of COVID-19 has pushed things back skewing timelines.

Hardware

this is one sliver of information I received on Resident Evil Outrage back in the Summer of 2020 before the hack that I’ve wanted to share after Resident Evil Village released, and admittedly I wanted to release this last month but had been busy with other projects. This information comes from a semi-reliable source that we’ve used in the past for Resident Evil Village, and most of the information was accurate.

I would like to also explain the usage of semi-accurate as well. This person has also given us real-time information in the past that, while not 100% true was mostly true. Let’s just say they said, “John Doe” and “John Smith” were currently working on what they thought was a Resident Evil project, but it wasn’t. However, in research and talking to people, this person shouldn’t have known that “John Doe” and “John Smith” were even working on a project together, or that they were doing it at that moment.

So, semi-accurate information.

So according to the source, sometime last year there was a 1-hour playtest conducted with the codename “Investigation”. Now mind you, a lot of these details also line up with the plot of Biohazard the Stage, but different enough to warrant curiosity of if Capcom is retelling the story in a fresh way to those that might not even know the stageplay exists. Akin to how Resident Evil Village is very reminiscent of Resident Evil 4, but also not a carbon copy of the same formula.

The “Investigation” Playtest​

The Resident Evil Outrage “Investigation” playtest starts at night with Rebecca outside the gates of a college campus, where she is investigating the creation of another new virus. Once on the campus, there was a lot of room to walk around and explore, and even students to interact with who are frightened. It wasn’t specified, but my assumption would be these interactions take place during cutscenes.

After exploring the courtyard of the campus, you eventually end up in the college’s library, where you can find a note saying the school’s director is in contact with a company regarding the research.

After reading the files, an infected student then attacks Rebecca with scissors and you’re given the opportunity to either fight or run, a usual Resident Evil trope. Fighting results in receiving a locker key, though it wasn’t stated what was in the locker.

From there, you continue deeper into the main part of the college where you can start exploring rooms such as labs, classrooms, bathrooms, and a cafeteria. All with infected teachers and students that, according to the source, act very much like Resident Evil 5 Manjini and use “school-based” weapons.

While exploring, you eventually come across a key to an office, and upon entering the room and a man comes up behind Rebecca and renders her unconscious ending the playtest.

Rebecca seems to be fragile in the game as well, so there may be some type of health upgrade system involved and the starting weapon was a knife, a trope Resident Evil has used from Jill in Resident Evil to Ethan in Resident Evil 7 and Village. The source also said the game was played in third person.

According to the source, Resident Evil Outrage was testing using a Nintendo Switch and unsurprisingly ran on the RE Engine, much like the new Ghost N’ Goblins and Capcom Arcade Stadium.

The source also believed that Resident Evil Outrage would be announced sometime around E3 this year with a release in the late Fall of 2021. These dates do line up with the leaked Capcom roadmap, but as seen with Village‘s and other Capcom projects, the effect of COVID-19 has pushed things back skewing timelines.
That's all stuff Dusk Golem twitted a few months back. Rebecca in a campus setting reminds me of Vendetta and that's not a pleasant memory. But, whatever, we'll see. BTW: it wasn't Jill who started the game with only a knife in RE1, it was Chris.

Mr.R

If this game is really based on the stage play, I hope they can swap Chris with Jill as the senior BSAA agent on the case. I mean, let's give Chris a rest. The guy has been appearing nonstop since RE5, in 2009. I'm honestly tired of seeing his face.

Hardware

If this game is really based on the stage play, I hope they can swap Chris with Jill as the senior BSAA agent on the case. I mean, let's give Chris a rest. The guy has been appearing nonstop since RE5, in 2009. I'm honestly tired of seeing his face.
I remember those glorious days (between '98 and 2000) when there seemed to be a big mystery about where Chris had gone. Yeah, him being in every game from RE5 to Village (save for REV2) is annoying. Especially since they don't really seem to know what to do with him after Wesker's death.

Mr.R

I remember those glorious days (between '98 and 2000) when there seemed to be a big mystery about where Chris had gone. Yeah, him being in every game from RE5 to Village (save for REV2) is annoying. Especially since they don't really seem to know what to do with him after Wesker's death.
I disagree when you say Capcom didn't knew what to do with him after Wesker's death. They did. He became the front of the BSAA on the fight against bio terrorism. He also became a leader and a captain, something that happened only after RE5 (we can debate If he's really good at it, since he tends to lose most of his squadrons). So, Capcom knew what to do with him. He was the Captain America of the franchise. The problem is that he isn't the only one fighting. I don't mind his role. I actually even like his "new" role of going rogue with a team doing questionable (sometimes stupid) things.
What I miss is that Capcom used to jump between protagonist, but these days Chris needs to be in everything. That's my problem. Not with Chris role, but on his super exposure.

Ikawaru

If Capcom’s serious about changing her physical appearance to Asian however, I’ll raise my doubts. I see no point in doing so at all...
I mean we already have Ada Wong and and Fongling, two great characters who are of Chinese origin. Why not recirculate one of them instead of transforming Rebecca? Seems strange.

Top Bottom