• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil Online service announced

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/14/resident-evil-6-gets-community-service-resident-evil-net/

Capcom isn't holding back on this one, eh?

www.ResidentEvil.net will be up when the game launches.

Summary:
  • You will be able to track you stats, records and game progress as well as compare these stats to your friends.
  • Quickly go over your story files and related story stuff you have unlocked
  • Complete objectives to earn 'RE points' and use them to unlock a variety of extras
  • Complete special tasks (e.g. collectively killing 10,000 zombies in a weekend) to earn rewards like costumes.

This also means they will easily be able to add more and more things to the game over time thanks to this service.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
Idk why, but I expected muliplayer gameplay when I clicked the thread lol. I wonder will this be in-game too or are they trying to do a rockstar social club type of thing.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Idk why, but I expected muliplayer gameplay when I clicked the thread lol. I wonder will this be in-game too or are they trying to do a rockstar social club type of thing.
Blame me for picking the title xD Anyway yh seems something like Rockstar club though this sounds better.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
Sweet. I love little stat tracking things like this. It was cool in Halo 3/Reach when Bungie.net tracked your kills, deaths, number of kills with weapons, every online match you have ever played, heat maps, and other cool stuff.

letmelive311

I wonder what kind of extras this game will have. I hope its not the lame outfits they had for Chris in RE5. I though that zebra black and white rock outfit was a joke, and a waste of special points, or whatever it was. He needed more kick ass outfits like the one with the Gatling gun.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
COD is not the only game that can have an online social network.
It wasn't the first either. Bungie did it earlier for Halo 3. Rockstar did something similar for every game they did from GTAIV onward.

And they were FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I'm glad Capcom isn't being that much of a penny pincher.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
It wasn't the first either. Bungie did it earlier for Halo 3. Rockstar did something similar for every game they did from GTAIV onward.

And they were FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I'm glad Capcom isn't being that much of a penny pincher.
They're going all out for this, as they should. Its one of their biggest franchises. It deserves as many features it can get.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm not sure if I get the point. Is residentevil.net going to replace the Windows Live account (or whatever the corresponding names for the console versions are)? Otherwise I don't see what's so special or new about it. Co-op, unlockable stuff, tracking stats, earning points to spend on something, we already had that in RE5 and ORC, so I don't really understand the excitement here. Could someone please enlighten me?

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I'm not sure if I get the point. Is residentevil.net going to replace the Windows Live account (or whatever the corresponding names for the console versions are)? Otherwise I don't see what's so special or new about it. Co-op, unlockable stuff, tracking stats, earning points to spend on something, we already had that in RE5 and ORC, so I don't really understand the excitement here. Could someone please enlighten me?
Emm no lol the console services are there for you to be able to play any game this is an additional service. It is something like Rockastar Club or COD Elite if you are familiar with those then you should get a pretty clear image of what this is.
Sure most of this sounds familiar since all the titles basically already had unlockables and in RE5 u earned and used points to buy some as well and there were stats and records but that is still in the game I believe, this is an addition which gives you more of that stuff you already know from past titles plus gives you new things. Some of the new things would be: competitive stat tracking, the ability to create your own collection - diorama as you could seen in the trailer and of course the main thing of the service are the events and tournaments.
Hope that cleared things up a bit.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
So additionally to Windows Live (which was not needed to play PC games when I was younger), I will have to launch yet another program to get some features that were previously included within the game itself? Well... I'm not sure if I like that. But apparently there are some new features as well, so I won't judge too quickly. Perhaps it will turn out quite nicely after all.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
So additionally to Windows Live (which was not needed to play PC games when I was younger), I will have to launch yet another program to get some features that were previously included within the game itself? Well... I'm not sure if I like that. But apparently there are some new features as well, so I won't judge too quickly. Perhaps it will turn out quite nicely after all.
This will not interfere with Windows Live and you're not setting up another program. When the site goes up you'll simply go there and sign up. It'll ask for basic info and your PSN ID so it can sync data and track your progress. This is good because it'll bring further features. Unlike when you beat RE5 and have millions of points left over, but with nothing to spend them on.

Top Bottom