• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!

Nathan Banks

Hey guys, first time posting so here goes :)

I'm a massive Resident Evil fan, played them when I was younger and I still play them now. But one of my other hobbies is creating Sims 3 videos. Don't know if anyone plays The Sims, but it's a life simulation game that allows you to control "people" and basically make them do what you want haha :).

Here's why I'm here, for the obvious, to talk about Resident Evil. But the main reason I found this forum was because I'm looking for some feedback and opinions on a project I'm going to upload in the next month. I'm not bashing anyone here, but I'll just say my opinion. I was always pretty disappointed with the Resident Evil movies. Don't get me wrong, I do like them, they're not as awful as people say, but they're not what I expected considering I was waiting for a decent movie from the 1st game back when I first played it. Anyway, I stumbled across George A.Romero's script and thought it was a fantastic video game adaption of the 1st Resident Evil. I was annoyed it wasn't used, but what can you do? Now, this is where it gets good - I sat there and thought how can I make this work? The solution was my other hobby. The Sims 3. So I can officially announce that I have been filming the entire script from George A.Romero and transfering it visually onto a video using The Sims 3. As it's Sims, I've got to keep the Sims watchers happy as well, so I have to say that there's no voice acting, but it's not just text and a video either. Instead, the sims themselves will have voices in language that will be "simlish". You won't be able to understand it, but there's subtitles that will help. So what can I tell you? Some things AREN'T going to be EXACTLY the same, some are changed because I prefer them my way (not big things don't worry), for example:

-Not as many jokes between characters, you know what I'm talking about. The puns and the jokey-ness has been toned down because it wasn't needed.
-More of the Mansion - I found that disappearing into the Lab straight away didn't allow to fully show off the Mansion the way they should, so some scenes that take place in the Lab take place in the Mansion first. For example, the way they meet Chris will be in the Mansion instead of underground.
-No evacuation! Racoon City was evacuated straight away - this is not happening because if (a big if) I decide to make a sequel, then I'm going to the be doing the Racoon City outbreak and not have it already evacuated.

There are other changes too, these are unavoidable because there's only so much I can DO with the Sims 3.

-Not as many helicopters because they don't exist without a good download haha :)
-Plant 42! Yes, I'm gutted, I wanted this beast in there but it won't happen. I do have a experimented plant appearing in some shape or form, but I'm making a mini-back story to it as it contains venom and does actually eat sims in the game. So I'll be using that, I've also got zombie-looking plants that are victims of the plant's venom.
-No Hunters! Sorry, again, I'm gutted but this is impossible. I can't display this on Sims 3, instead they're being replaced with the zombie-looking plants that appear so hopefully people will enjoy them :)
-Also the sharks are being toned down, I have a shark object that's going to represent tested sharks, but they won't attack anyone or anything like that - sorry!

My goal with this? Okay, here's what the actual plan of the movie is. I want to eliminate this action persona that the Resident Evil Franchise seems to have adopted all of a sudden. It's horror...it's survival horror, which means that's how it's going to be in the movie I'm making. The zombies are going to be a huge part, they're going to be creepy, not just random dead walking things. I'm making zombies that will send shivers down your spine, the scenes in the mansion will make the hairs stand up on your neck because of the atmosphere I'm trying to create with it. I want to put the horror back in zombie movies in general because some seem to have lost it along the way.

There's a few things I need to download yet to make this perfect, but I just wanted to announce it in some shape or form and get some feedback from Resident Evil fans to see if they're looking forward to it or whether they think it would be a waste of my time? Is there anything you'd like to see? Or anything you wouldn't? Let me know guys :)

Top Bottom