• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Memories

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Since it's RE's birthday, I thought it would be fitting for a thread of everybody's good memories of it. It's kind of hard to really put into words what I'm trying to explain, so I'll post one of mine first.

My dad, sister, and I would play RE3 all together not long after it came out, I would play in the calmer parts since I was still pretty young. Then we got to the final boss, and neither of them could beat Nemesis, so I took the controller and tried to beat him, and I killed him on the first or second try. I still don't know if they were more impressed or scared because little Maddy beat the game. xD

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Back when RE2 came out. Me and my brothers were playing RE1 and we would take turns every time we die. Were fighting the Yawn the 2nd time. When my turn came. our house keeper decided to cut onions to make lunch. We all started to cry and couldn't play and had to escape from the room.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I had been living under a rock for quite a while, so the concept of flesh-eating zombies was actually new to me by the time I came across Resident Evil. The first thing I saw of it was an article about RE3 in a little booklet that came with a Tomb Raider game I had bought, and I immediately fell in love with the idea of guiding a woman in a cool outfit through a scary city full of zombies.

The funny thing is, I didn't really get into videogames until the late 90's, the only other game I knew was Tomb Raider, and for some reason I expected all games to be the same. So when I first played RE3 at a friend's house, I was surprised that Jill wasn't able to jump around and climb walls like Lara Croft, and that there was no tutorial level set at her home. But I got used to it rather quickly and, needless to say, I liked this "new" kind of gameplay too.

The first RE I owned myself was the original RE1, which I have some very fond memories of. I played as Jill first because I already knew her from RE3, and didn't switch to Chris until I had completed the game at least five times with Jill. I spent hours trying out every possible combination of actions and decisions to see how it would affect the story and the ending: What if you solve the shotgun puzzle yourself without requiring help from Barry? What if you save Rebecca, don't save Rebecca, or completely avoid going to the room where she's attacked by the hunter in the first place? Can you get away with NOT saving Chris from the poison/Plant 42 and then continue the game as Rebecca? And so on...

Then I got my hands on RE2 and enjoyed it just as much. It didn't offer as many plot-altering decisions as the first game (or rather, none at all), but the concept with the two scenarios was cool too, and I loved all the new characters, even Leon at the time. I could go on and on about how every new installment of the series managed to enchant me in its very own way (well, except RE4, I hated that one), and how just thinking about it fills me with nostalgia, but I think you get the idea.

Happy 20th birthday, Resident Evil!

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
First time I ever had a go:
As a child I got nightmares really easily.

Anyway, my dad was playing Re1 on the Ps1 and was in the dining room. He said to me, do me a favour and go into the next room and take the 2nd door to the piano room whilst I go toilet.
I was terrified to go through the door to the hallway, and I think it took the time duration for him to get back for me to walk those 10-20steps.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
First time I played RE1 I thought it was the hardest game ever. I'd run out on ammo and I was like how the hell am I supposed to kill all of these zombies now? Lol I didn't know back then that it wasn't necessary to kill every zombie. The cerberus jumping through the window scared the crap outta me too. And I remember dying a lot.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I'm a little late to the thread, but my strongest memory of the series is when I was about 10 years old, I was at my aunt's house, and my cousin was playing the DC version of the first game on the original PlayStation. She booted up the RE2 demo that came with it, and I just remember watching her play it, and getting completely sucked into it. Everything about it terrified and thrilled me at the same time, and I've been hooked on the series ever since :)

Top Bottom