• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Fan Meeting (unofficial).

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Hello everybody! :)

As every year, some people in Poland want do something more for 'Resident Evil' than just playing. I'm the one of organizers of another unofficial "RE Fans Meeting", and I would like to invite you on this meeting, 'cause in this year we want to expand this "tradition' on other Europeans countries (I don't expect nobody from US, but who knows... ;) ). In the age of cheap airlines, I think that spending some Pounds or Euros for plane ticket should not to be a problem. OK, here's a more information:

Time:
1st March 2013 to 3rd March 2013

Place:
Recreation Center "Dresso" ( www.dresso.pl ) in small town of Sulejow, nearest Airport is Warsaw and Lodz (Łódź). There will be organizers waiting on the Airport for those people who come from abroad.

Price:
Usually ticket from UK to Poland costs ~30-40 Pounds (one way, check a Wizzair or at last Ryanair websites), the total cost for spending the nights will be ~ 100 PLN (less than 20 Pounds, I guess).

For registration we will wait until 10th February 2013.

Schedule:
At now, we think about create a short, amateur movie with zombies (just for fun). Except this, on meeting will be a tournaments with prizes, talking about RE games (don't worry, 90% people on meeting speaking English very well), and of course playing and other attractions (I can't say now, it's too early ;) ).

If you want, you can join us at Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/events/478633422176017/

For more info, please, ask me at private message :)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
This is in Poland right? Someone should organize these in differnt places. I had an idea of doing something like this in a couple years in Nabraska.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Yep, in Poland. It's not too hard to organize meeting in small country, but in US is a bigger challenge ;)

AgentZero

Yep, in Poland. It's not too hard to organize meeting in small country, but in US is a bigger challenge ;)
Why? Also, what would I need to put together in order to get something done like this?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I wish I could go. I've never been outside the US and I really want to visit a country or two in Europe, but I lack the financial requirement to make such a trip. :( Perhaps, soon though.

Anyway, I hope you have fun.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Why? Also, what would I need to put together in order to get something done like this?

I think, in Poland it's not big problem, because it's a small land , and we always organized meetings in central part of country. US is a really big, and I don't thinks so that people from Florida or California don't want to go to Nebraska (for example, but if I good remember your state is more less in central US, I'm right? ;) ), but maybe I'm wrong- I hope so ;)

So, if you really want, you should focus on your local area and:

- find a good location (recreation center, camp site etc.) and determine a conditions (price, days etc.)
- write an announcement on websites, forums, to find as many people as you can :)
- on our example, I tell you, better collect the money for spending the nights BEFORE meeting, 'cause sometimes people wanted to go, but in last moment they changed their decisions and we had to paid for lost reservations...
- equipment- on our meeting all consoles, games and TVs belongs to participants- just anyone who wants to bring their own stuff and share with others :). The best way is set this matter on Forum before meeting.
- all tournaments (Mercenaries, Quiz etc), prizes, etc. is in your own matter (If you really want, find a prizes sponsor is a difficult thing (at last in my country...) but not impossible, so you can try)
- if everything is ready, enjoy and have fun :)

As you can see, being an organizer is not so easy, usually we have more than 2 people responsible for meeting- but satisfaction is great- and you'll have a good memories- meeting people from Forum is a fantastic experience, really :)

AgentZero

Theres people on here I really want to meet, so maybe that can be an excuse for them to come:D

Top Bottom