• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Damnation (New Thread)

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Since there has been no activity in the last Damnation thread for over 2 years I decided to make a new one and start fresh.

As part of my big 20th Anniversary RE Complete Saga playthrough I rewatched RE: Damnation again and man I just love this movie so much. It´s everything a RE movie should be - dark, right balance of horror and epic (and bloody!!) action, great characters, wonderful performances (Matthew Mercer is my favorite Leon by far) and lots of classic RE creatures and even the Ganado are scarier then they have ever been. The quality of the graphics and animation is through the roof, especially in the Ada/Svetlana fight or of course the final battle.

Particularly the last 15-20 minutes of the movie are among my most favorite RE moments EVER. That Tyrant/Licker battle is so insanely awesome and brutal.

I already enjoyed Degeneration but found it a bit underwhelming at times and Damnation was such a huge step up. I really hope the 3rd CGI movie that releases next year will be at least this good.

And now , months after I started my Playthrough with RE Zero I am finally at the last (for now) installment of the saga - Resident Evil 6. Which I am both excited and sad about at the same time as it also means that my personal celebration of RE´s 20th anniversary is about to come to an end.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Damnation is a great movie, and the CGI is definitely a step up from Degeneration, especially when it comes to the lip-synch (that was my only issue with Degeneration). IMO, the first film feels more like the original games in tone, whereas Damnation feels more in line with the current games.
It's still hard to believe that the series is 20 yrs old! I remember playing the second game for the first time like it was yesterday!

I feel so old now...

Mckenny87sj

Damnation is a great movie, and the CGI is definitely a step up from Degeneration, especially when it comes to the lip-synch (that was my only issue with Degeneration). IMO, the first film feels more like the original games in tone, whereas Damnation feels more in line with the current games.
It's still hard to believe that the series is 20 yrs old! I remember playing the second game for the first time like it was yesterday!

I feel so old now...
Me too, time flies bro

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I love the idea of a massive series-wide playthrough. Why didn't I think of that... dammit!

For me, Degeneration was a more enjoyable movie, but I'm becoming more and more fond of Damnation with every viewing. I actually really disliked it on my first viewing of the Blu-ray and insta-regretted buying it, but I re-watched it for the fourth time on Netflix last month and even the part I really didn't care for before -- the second act -- is really starting to grow on me now.

Dat Tyrant showdown tho. :O

Top Bottom